IGNORED

Europa League Group Draw

jcrawfor

Looks like the English clubs had quite the luck in the CL draw this year. I mean, ManU plays Besitkas, CSKA and Wolfsburg; they've got to be favorites to not drop a point. I'm hoping the luck continues our way, I mean after our draws in the FA Cup last year one would think we're due a few easier teams.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to have an easier draw wouldn't it? But is there any chance of any easy draws in the league?

We may stand a chance if we are seeded, but I don't know if that is going to happen.

Anyway, fingers crossed for a good draw and an improvement in performance.

Bring on Celtic!

Celtic is unlikely because if UEFA do the seedings the simplist way; that is the top twelve rated teams (by coefficient) are top seeds, next twelve second seeds and so on then we'll be in the same group as Celtic (2nd seeded) :) .

The four groups would be made up like this...

Top seeds..

Werder Bremen

Villarreal

AS Roma

PSV Eindhoven

Shakhtar Donetsk

Sporting CP Lisbon

Hamburger SV

Benfica

Valencia

Panathinaikos

Ajax

Steaua Bucuresti

Second seeds..

Fenerbahçe

FC Basel

Lille OSC

Celtic

Everton

Club Brugge

Heerenveen

Galatasaray

Anderlecht

Austria Wien

FC København

Lazio Roma *4

Third seeds..

Hertha

Sparta Praha

Dinamo Bucuresti

AEK Athens

Slavia Praha

Levski Sofia

Athletic Bilbao

Partizan Belgrade

Hapoel Tel-Aviv

FC Twente Enschede

Dinamo Zagreb

Fulham FC

Fourth seeds..

CSKA Sofia

Toulouse

CFR Cluj

Genoa

Rapid Wien

FC Timisoara

BATE Borisov

Nacional Funchal

FC Salzburg

Sturm Graz

FK Ventspils

Sheriff Tiraspol

I think Man Utd might actually struggle, if not simply find it no easy job to progress.

Any way, onto more important matters. I just hope we don't get Either of the Spanish teams mentioned above or Roma. I think we'd get embarrassed in a similar fashion to the way we did the last time we played Villareal.

Any way, onto more important matters. I just hope we don't get Either of the Spanish teams mentioned above or Roma. I think we'd get embarrassed in a similar fashion to the way we did the last time we played Villareal.

[/quote

Should've knocked villareal out but for a bald alien referee, Surely not embarrassed! Fancy dinamo myself piece of cake no potential for embarressment there!!! :blink:

yikes, looks like there are some really tough games out there! the good thing about villa going out is we should be on Channel 5 alot more now!

I say bring on any of them! i can see this being a more luctrative system than the old uefa cup!

I completely agree. Look at the teams, compared to two years ago the competition is at an entirely different level. i mean, had we made it past Fiorentina...I would think we'd have been favorites to make the final with bayern. now, I'd be happy to see us progress to the last 16 or 8.

I completely agree. Look at the teams, compared to two years ago the competition is at an entirely different level. i mean, had we made it past Fiorentina...I would think we'd have been favorites to make the final with bayern. now, I'd be happy to see us progress to the last 16 or 8.

Not forgetting that after the group stage there will be more Champions League dropouts joining the pot for the knockout stages!

Just like yesterday's draw, today's should be interesting too.

The pairings were almost incredible. Real and Milan, plus Barcelona and Inter, after the summer transfers, are amazing pairings. Chelsea getting porto again is also gonna be interesting.

Anyways, while I'd like to see you guys come visit us, I'd prefer you teaching our "dear" benfica neighbours a couple of lessons ;), but most of all I wish you guys good luck on the draw, may we meet each other in the final :D

Top seeds..

Werder Bremen

Villarreal

AS Roma

PSV Eindhoven

Shakhtar Donetsk

Sporting CP Lisbon

Hamburger SV

Benfica

Valencia

Panathinaikos

Ajax

Steaua Bucuresti

Thats some group of top seeded teams.... OK not the mighty giants of Europe but compared to our Blues.... hmmmm at least a couple of tough games coming up I think

Links to watch the draw folks

UEFA video link.

My link

If that doesn't go straight to it you'll get there via UEFA website. There's also audio and on screen live draw shows too, so whatever works best for you.

My link

Quite why it just says my link for both I haven't fully fathomed, bu top one is video, 2nd UEFA.com, as it says on the tin. I'll work out this insert link bit out for next time!