IGNORED

Johnny Heitinga

MikeO

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If £40k after tax he is on approx £53k, which sounds more reasonable.

If we take a simplified look at his UK situation, he would be on £30k a week after UK tax (£50k wage, 40% tax). Even worse come 2010 when the 50% tax bracket kicks in.

Besides I am sure he will set up a foreign company and bend the tax rules to maximise his earnings.

WE ARE NOT GONNA SIGN ANYONE, I JUST SAW IT MY TEA LEAVES!!!

Well I say that I just know because I've supported eFc for 36 years & we are just absolutely shiiiite in the current transfer market, we are an absolute joke IMO!!!

We got +20M (say 22M) for Lescott & we're gonna end up spending 5.3M on distan 6M(??) on Billy thats 11.3 leaving 10.7 & we're that utterly crap (with our rigid wages) we're not even gonna spend anymore because we CANNOT entice quality players when other (if not most) teams offer more money!!! Hence we will not & can not progress as we would all like!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhh!! rant over

Edited by jamiemaher85

WE ARE NOT GONNA SIGN ANYONE, I JUST SAW IT MY TEA LEAVES!!!

Well I say that I just know because I've supported eFc for 36 years & we are just absolutely shiiiite in the current transfer market, we are an absolute joke IMO!!!

We got +20M (say 22M) for Worf & we're gonna end up spending 5.3M on distan 6M(??) on Billy thats 11.3 leaving 10.7 & we're that utterly crap (with our rigid wages) we're not even gonna spend anymore because we CANNOT entice quality players when other (if not most) teams offer more money!!! Hence we will not & can not progress as we would all like!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhh!! rant over

Distin was 5.3, but Bily was 9m and Wolves are also due 3m, so that's 17m, that leaves 5m, which is on the table for Hietinga at the moment. It's all accounted for.

Ive got a horrible, horrible feeling that these deals (Heitinga and Banega) are going to go down to the wire and we are going to get trumped in both. I can see us getting neither, both however would be amazing...im just not feeling optimistic based on the 6 hours we have left :(

It's not a feeling, it's called realism! We have only spend the Lescott cash, which shows the club have no cash of it's own despite the Sky and Fa cup money. Even Stoke have spend 15 million of it's own coffers, very disappointing.

So we got £22m for Lescott which is approx £19m in the coffers. We had a £5m offer for Kyle Naughton before we considered selling Lescott. That takes our budget to £24m at least.

Bily = £9m

Distin = £5m

Leaves us with £10m remaining of what we as fans should expect to be available. If after finishing 5th with a cup final we are only given £5m to spend then it's a disgrace, Moyes has operated on a ridiculous net transfer budget for too long now, and the board really do need to get their fingers out, there are some wealthy people in their who are just waiting for a payday and are not prepared to back the manager, it's a case of put up or get out. I feel we have been more than patient enough.

It would be interesting to see our finance reports. We have been in a great position not to gamble, but to have a calculated risk in strengthening our squad with players like Moutinho etc who would have taken us close to that 4th spot, alas now I feel even the likes of Liverpool will struggle to do that given the resurgence of Arsenal, Spurs and Man City along with the perenial contenders of Chelsea and Man Ure.

Unless we are lucky with injuries and the likes of Distin and Bily settle and improve the squad we will struggle to make the top 6 and we will continue to shop at Aldi whilst the rest of the aforementioned teams take their pick of the elite. Just watching the goal we conceeded against Wigan made me realise just how weak our right side is, and unless that is rectified, it will be a focal point of attack by other teams in the prem and we will concede goal after goal.

So we got £22m for Lescott which is approx £19m in the coffers. We had a £5m offer for Kyle Naughton before we considered selling Lescott. That takes our budget to £24m at least.

Bily = £9m

Distin = £5m

Leaves us with £10m remaining of what we as fans should expect to be available. If after finishing 5th with a cup final we are only given £5m to spend then it's a disgrace, Moyes has operated on a ridiculous net transfer budget for too long now, and the board really do need to get their fingers out, there are some wealthy people in their who are just waiting for a payday and are not prepared to back the manager, it's a case of put up or get out. I feel we have been more than patient enough.

It would be interesting to see our finance reports. We have been in a great position not to gamble, but to have a calculated risk in strengthening our squad with players like Moutinho etc who would have taken us close to that 4th spot, alas now I feel even the likes of Liverpool will struggle to do that given the resurgence of Arsenal, Spurs and Man City along with the perenial contenders of Chelsea and Man Ure.

Unless we are lucky with injuries and the likes of Distin and Bily settle and improve the squad we will struggle to make the top 6 and we will continue to shop at Aldi whilst the rest of the aforementioned teams take their pick of the elite. Just watching the goal we conceeded against Wigan made me realise just how weak our right side is, and unless that is rectified, it will be a focal point of attack by other teams in the prem and we will concede goal after goal.

Couldn't agree more. If we don't pull something magic off in this transfer window we might have to settle for 7th or even 8th spot. Scary stuff.