Sign in to follow this  
MikeO

Johnny Heitinga

Someone is sayin on NSNO that the deal is off and Banega is lookin highly unlikely too :angry:

Really wanted him too........must have been wages

I wouldn't believe that website, they are mostly inbred hicks who haven't a clue. Bangera was never going to happen though granted.

I wouldn't believe that website, they are mostly inbred hicks who haven't a clue. Bangera was never going to happen though granted.

Hope your right Capn !!

Someone is sayin on NSNO that the deal is off and Banega is lookin highly unlikely too :angry:

Really wanted him too........must have been wages

Would be bery bad if it is true.

BUT

NSNO is not the Oracle of Delphi, more like mystic meg with a hangover (not that the Oracle was that accurate to begin with!)

This can't be true - can it?! If Lescott cost £24m, how can a player who is a year younger and has been capped 47 times for the Netherlands already - and will be first choice in the World Cup next year while Lescott is warming the bench - be worth just FIVE million?! I've seen Heitinga play a few times for the Dutch and he looks class - if Moyesey does pull this off, I think its time to apologise for all the bitching about leaving it late to sign anyone and recognise that he has pulled an absolute blinder. Joleon WHO?!

Papers are saying that Heitinga's wages might be a problem - well if he's only costing £5m, surely we could offer him a lump sum golden hello (£1m up front, say) to seal the deal. It would still mean we've managed to sign two class defenders for half what we got for Lescott, plus an exciting left winger. You gotta say, selling your best players is never ideal, but if you look at it like that we're a stronger team for it

Heitinga has had a very bad performance in Atletico this year. Childish mistakes, bad skills, slow... right now, Atleti fans HATE this player.

why wouldn't heitinga want to give up CL football for mid-table premier league obscurity

as for van der vaart, forget it....

don't waste your time watching these nonsense stories till deadline time!!!

The Mirror had him down as signed, sealed and delivered yesterday! I reckon it'll be a done deal by Wednesday.

That's either fantastic whit about EFC not doing things until it's too late or you genuinely didn't realise the transfer window closes at 5pm on tuesday!

That's either fantastic whit about EFC not doing things until it's too late or you genuinely didn't realise the transfer window closes at 5pm on tuesday!

Oops, my mistake.... Well, it is only 9.45am! :rolleyes:

Would be great signing if comes off.

Was thinkling dont think any more signings will be announced til the last day of the window.

If Everton do sign anyone cant see it being til Tuesday

Dont worry about mistakes mate, with an Avatar like that you can post as many times as you like :P

Linkage to a full size image would go a long way to repairing the damage done ;)

Are you going nuts or something? Hibbert was one of the best players on the pitch!

Some people need to stop assuming that Hibbert/Osman/Fellaini/insert hated player of the month here, have had a bad game.

Just saw, great news.

After our performance today I do not want to go back to the days of Neville at CB. Having CB cover AND serious competition at RB is only good for us.

On a side note it's good for Rodwell too, one he won't be forced to CB, and two Neville can play holding on his own if he takes a dip in form. Last thing you want is an out of form youngster, can ruin their confidence and development.

That was two days ago, whats the progress after that? Has he signed?

Erm check again, its breaking on SSN, they never ran it before. He hasnt signed, just agreed on fee, would be an amzing signing. Look forward to this one :P

Yeah av just seen that on Sky Sports.

This could be one of Moyes greatest signings yet!

Totally agree. It would be so cool to see raw talent like him, Bily, Pienaar and Arteta all in an Everton starting eleven. :o Of course, the rest of the team is also very, very talented but these players in particular are just the type I'd never thought I would see play for us.

If you go to the sky sports website and go to the football part the part under the headline for Everton agree fees says that DM has confirmed that Everton agree fee of £5.2m but if click on the link just the story that they understand

If this guy comes to us I will be made up. Good footballer, regular for the Dutch national side, still only young lad.

All that for less than that lad we signed from Wolves a few seasons back.

If it comes off, this will possibly be our best transfer window ever!

Three or possibly four good signings and it could be our best transfer window. This says much of what level we're at if it is accurate. Not trying to be negative, just realistic though I suppose I haven't taken into account the players we haven't lost such as Arteta, Pienaar, Yak, Jags.

Will be amazing signing for us. It would also put in blow out of the water the disapointment on the missing out on the signing of Kyle Naughton earlier in the summer. I know which player I would rather pay around £5.5M for!!!

Fingers Crossed- and add to this Van der Veart or Bentley and it will indeed be argubley one of the best transfer windows!!! Getting cocky and ahead of myself I think!!!!!! :D

Moysie was on Radio Merseyside after the game and said the fee was arranged but wages might be a problem and because of that it may not happen. Apparently he is on sixty grand a week at Madrid. He is fucking mint! Please give him a signing on bonus and get him on the pay structure!!!

I wonder if it is just part of the process, for Moyes to be so publicly explicit. Like a way of attempting to hammer down what the player's agent wants and such-like.

When he left Ajax the whole stand had flags made up for the lad. If you look at what Redknapp spent for a championship player and what we maybe could get for a proven 40 cap dutch international it really is daft.

That was the impression I got via the radio.

Hibbert, like Osman, is a very good squad player IMO and to lose these two would only be bad for the club.

That doesn't mean JH wouldn't displace him, though, and I too get frustrated at their lack of ability sometimes but it is certainly no reason to be as harsh on them as some fans are IMO. These are players who deserve our support because the fact is that if the s*it hit the fan they would still be there trying their arses off.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-sweats-on-deal-for-Atletico-Madrid-defender-Johnny-Heitinga-article138779.html

Mirror reporting that the deal is in doubt because we are miles apart on his personal terms

The mirror isn't the pillar of truth, but sixty grand a week in Spain to go to fifty grand and our tax system doesn't sound too clever.

awesome signing!

Stretch of clean sheets coming up!

The only thing I haven't seen him to do much in all his years with Ajax is to contribute much to the offense, but to be fair he was mostly playing CB for them.

I assume he'll be placed RB. I hope he has a decent cross.