IGNORED

Johnny Heitinga

MikeO

The Mirror, The Mail, The Sun, The Express, The Post, The Independant and The Times all carrying the story that we've have a bid accepted for him (between 5 and 5.7m) Bargain price and with all the papers running the story i'm guessing its fairly concrete. Wages could be an issue. He's earing £50k after tax a week in Spain. Lets see if we can wrangle around that one! Still, a positive move forwards on this one.

Edited by jamiemaher85

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds very good. Can't he move to a few different positions?

He is best at centre back but can also play Right Back which is where he will be deployed here i imagine.He played defensive mid for Ajax a couple of times when he was first coming through, but that was only as cover and Ajax will usually play youth players in various positions when they first come through so that they get a better understanding of the qualities needed for each position. For example they will often play a young striker at centre back so that the striker can get himself into the mind set of a defender and make logical choices to beat defenders in the future.

If he's as good as you say he is Jamie could he play defensive mid and switch Neville to fullback, i cant see him leaving Captain Phil on the bench.

Is captain Phil good enough to play def Mid. ??

He's not good enough to play DM. My point was that he had been played there in a handful of games but that's only because that is often how Ajax try and imrpove there players. He'd be wasted in defensive mid, similar to Jags when played away from his favoured position, and in fairness Neville did a cracking job there last year.

Heitinga is a good defender, a defensive mid he aint though.

He's not good enough to play DM. My point was that he had been played there in a handful of games but that's only because that is often how Ajax try and imrpove there players. He'd be wasted in defensive mid, similar to Jags when played away from his favoured position, and in fairness Neville did a cracking job there last year.

Heitinga is a good defender, a defensive mid he aint though.

I'd compare him to Vermaelen .. not tall or fast, but feisty :) .

He would be a great signing, but I don't see it happening at £5-6m.

I'd compare him to Vermaelen .. not tall or fast, but feisty :) .

He would be a great signing, but I don't see it happening at £5-6m.

God. I want a bit more aggression in the team. Its only really Cahill that offers it (and Vaughan when he's on).

Felli is just clumsy!

This can't be true - can it?! If Lescott cost £24m, how can a player who is a year younger and has been capped 47 times for the Netherlands already - and will be first choice in the World Cup next year while Lescott is warming the bench - be worth just FIVE million?! I've seen Heitinga play a few times for the Dutch and he looks class - if Moyesey does pull this off, I think its time to apologise for all the bitching about leaving it late to sign anyone and recognise that he has pulled an absolute blinder. Joleon WHO?!

Papers are saying that Heitinga's wages might be a problem - well if he's only costing £5m, surely we could offer him a lump sum golden hello (£1m up front, say) to seal the deal. It would still mean we've managed to sign two class defenders for half what we got for Lescott, plus an exciting left winger. You gotta say, selling your best players is never ideal, but if you look at it like that we're a stronger team for it

Papers are saying that Heitinga's wages might be a problem - well if he's only costing £5m, surely we could offer him a lump sum golden hello (£1m up front, say) to seal the deal. It would still mean we've managed to sign two class defenders for half what we got for Lescott, plus an exciting left winger. You gotta say, selling your best players is never ideal, but if you look at it like that we're a stronger team for it

Everton have a rigid pay structure, so unless he gets heavy bonuses then effectively he will have to take a pay cut. But yes, if the club pulls it off then we would be far stronger than before.

If this happens it will be brilliant, I think that he is pure class. We get the dutch league on telli here in sweden and ive seen him play loads of times. I actually rate him as high as Lescott. Or as he was a couple of years ago which was better than now.

Brilliant signing if it happens.

right dont know weather this is coz i have a crap signal on my dongle (3 mobile shite) but i have been able to look at atletico's defenders except johnny's will some have a look an just let me know if its just my comp please!!!

http://www.clubatleticodemadrid.com/en/primerequipo/jugadores.asp thats the link

Edited by gaz efc

right dont know weather this is coz i have a crap signal on my dongle (3 mobile shite) but i have been able to look at atletico's defenders except johnny's will some have a look an just let me know if its just my comp please!!!

Not working here either, but he's still in the list.