IGNORED

Johnny Heitinga

MikeO

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone is sayin on NSNO that the deal is off and Banega is lookin highly unlikely too :angry:

Really wanted him too........must have been wages

Would be bery bad if it is true.

BUT

NSNO is not the Oracle of Delphi, more like mystic meg with a hangover (not that the Oracle was that accurate to begin with!)

This can't be true - can it?! If Lescott cost £24m, how can a player who is a year younger and has been capped 47 times for the Netherlands already - and will be first choice in the World Cup next year while Lescott is warming the bench - be worth just FIVE million?! I've seen Heitinga play a few times for the Dutch and he looks class - if Moyesey does pull this off, I think its time to apologise for all the bitching about leaving it late to sign anyone and recognise that he has pulled an absolute blinder. Joleon WHO?!

Papers are saying that Heitinga's wages might be a problem - well if he's only costing £5m, surely we could offer him a lump sum golden hello (£1m up front, say) to seal the deal. It would still mean we've managed to sign two class defenders for half what we got for Lescott, plus an exciting left winger. You gotta say, selling your best players is never ideal, but if you look at it like that we're a stronger team for it

Heitinga has had a very bad performance in Atletico this year. Childish mistakes, bad skills, slow... right now, Atleti fans HATE this player.

The Mirror had him down as signed, sealed and delivered yesterday! I reckon it'll be a done deal by Wednesday.

That's either fantastic whit about EFC not doing things until it's too late or you genuinely didn't realise the transfer window closes at 5pm on tuesday!

Just saw, great news.

After our performance today I do not want to go back to the days of Neville at CB. Having CB cover AND serious competition at RB is only good for us.

On a side note it's good for Rodwell too, one he won't be forced to CB, and two Neville can play holding on his own if he takes a dip in form. Last thing you want is an out of form youngster, can ruin their confidence and development.