IGNORED

Platini's Plans For Debt

Louis

as long as we're in the black then it wont affect us. Everton could actually be seen as a role model in this case; managable squad size and wage bill, not massively in debt, living within our means. BK and the board may have actually have been doing us a favour in the long run!

i dont understand fining a club thats already massively in debt, that makes no sense to me: increase the debt because theyre in debt. Points being docked would be a better incentive...

I honestly dont see how it will effect the standing of clubs....Man U(256m) Chelsea(213m) Arsenal(222m) all have massive turnovers.....

If clubs have capped spending limits based on turnover as suggesed

"The detail of the proposals, to be introduced across European competition in the 2012-3 season, will not be finalised for another ten months, but the essence is that clubs will be expected to break even on their football budgets."

How will clubs like Villa(75m) or Everton(78m) EVER compete?????? Even if they are bought out

I know the emphesis is on "break even" but surely the big clubs... (that have already bought their success by the way) will have much more money to spend than everyone else..... Not much of a problem maybe....

But will this esentially stop clubs challenging the "BIG 4"

This may well save the long term future of the game (and satisfy Platini anlong the way) but it wont change anything significantly... No wonder owners like the idea of it though.... they can now safely say they are on their way to SECURING a place in Europes elite for the considerable furure

Edited by DangerMouse

Spot on, DM. The fact is that Joan Laporta and Rummenigge are big, big backers of these plans even before Platini was so that tells you everything about the immediate effect that these plans will have; preserving Europe's elite is inevitable when these plans will be enforced but then there is a growing group of supporters of how Bayern are managed so maybe this is good for football in the long run - the very long run, I mean :P