IGNORED

Yak Or King Louis?

Basically who would you go with up front? I've noticed people putting Saha up there in their own mock formations even with a fit Yakubu returning. Or would anyone prefer a partnership of either two and perhaps Jo mixed in there? I'm interested in what people think, especially with the potential of more creativity being injected into the team.

Personally I think that a fully fit Yakubu is just unplayable.

However, on the other side of the coin, Saha can create goals from nothing, which is some Yakubu cannot do.

I can see a fit Yakubu playing 60-70 minutes then Saha coming in and ripping a tired defence apart all on his own.

Play two up front and we don't seem to get the best out of Cahill.IF you want to know which Everton player is our first choice lone striker (so we can accomodate Cahill), then you don't just have the choice of those two, but also JO!

Our best lone striker....for all round team performance is the one who plays best with Cahill, that's how I see it!Not really an answer I know.Who's the best with Cahill, don't think anyone has stood out, Moyes is going to have to work that one out....then add Vaughan and Anichebe, maybe they could work with him.

You want a straight answer to your question Saha or the Yak, with or without Cahill, then I'd say a very fit Yak.....thing is the team will have to work harder, than with Saha, but that's another problem.

yakubu but its close! saha can create a goal out of nothing but yakubu can poach a goal out of nothing at times! hes goal record speaks for itself and hes just so powerful i think hes great to give the ball to to hold up and i know saha can do this but it seems that we play a long ball for him to flick on more often when hes playin! id be interested to see them both together when fit though!

yakubu but its close! saha can create a goal out of nothing but yakubu can poach a goal out of nothing at times! hes goal record speaks for itself and hes just so powerful i think hes great to give the ball to to hold up and i know saha can do this but it seems that we play a long ball for him to flick on more often when hes playin! id be interested to see them both together when fit though!

Saha for sure. Many people are forgetting that Yakubu is incredibly lazy and only runs when we have the ball. Also he was in terrible form when he got injured. 1 goal in 10 games if I remember correctly.

Kind of getting bored of the 'Yak is lazy' comments but that is another issue.

Any way! The two together, for sure. IMO Cahill delivers goals from deep, hard work and usually a few fouls. As much as I love Timmy I don't think his technical levels are high enough to displace the likes of Arteta and, in a couple years, Fellaini who both suit the central role along with a holding player - especially know that we have two proper wingers in Bily and Pienaar!

But after all of that drivel, if I had to pick between the two it would have to be Yak. I just think he is a more natural goal-scorer.

both! we can do a 4-4-2 now! Cahill in behind, billy, rodwell and Pienaar. Neville in for Hibbo, rest as normal. those 2 up front, both capable of 20+ a season, with Skippy in behind them? come on, tell me thats not temptin!

any thoughts?

I think Jo and Yak is a partnership that could work.

I think you're right about that. I'm a Jo fan but one of my biggest critisizms is his lack of creativity at times...yet it must be dormant because he's done it elsewhere. I still look forward to good things from him, he's also not bad at assisting, he's got some vision in front of goal even if not for himself.

Yakubu all the way I don't mean to bash Saha I think he was a great player when he was at Fulham but now he's just too injury prone and I don't mean to jinx him but it seems like he's bound to get hurt again. Yak...but only when he's actually fit to start games again. So for the time its got to be Saha

I like the Yak don't get me wrong.

But...

Saha is such a better player!

He has a better touch so he can bring others into play easier

He has more skill and can beat a player 1-1

He is an equivilant finisher (maybe better)

He uses his strength to better effect

He is faster and is able to play inbehind defences

He has more experience at the highest level

Of course he needs to be fit...

Personally, i feel. At times the Yak can be unplayable, and has everything in his locker, problem is we dont see it as often as we should. Saha is a classy finisher, a creator, goals-out-of-nothing striker and if it wasnt for injuries he would be among the likes of R.V.Nistleroy and co. as one of the best strikers ever.

Jo, i feel is a dark horse in the waiting. Pre-season with a strike partner (CSKA days) Jo can be formidable. He can also be unplayabale, but he just isnt that great as a lone striker. He needs the creative chances given to him, and i dont doubt for a second that he could be a real poacher infront of goal! Time + partner = we could see the best out of JO :)

Personally, i feel. At times the Yak can be unplayable, and has everything in his locker, problem is we dont see it as often as we should. Saha is a classy finisher, a creator, goals-out-of-nothing striker and if it wasnt for injuries he would be among the likes of R.V.Nistleroy and co. as one of the best strikers ever.

Jo, i feel is a dark horse in the waiting. Pre-season with a strike partner (CSKA days) Jo can be formidable. He can also be unplayabale, but he just isnt that great as a lone striker. He needs the creative chances given to him, and i dont doubt for a second that he could be a real poacher infront of goal! Time + partner = we could see the best out of JO :)

i agree there mate, 44 goals in 77 games shouldnt be ignored. he has been disappointing so far, but as you say he is a man that requires good service. i think this lack of service has come from the midfield being far too deep because we knew our defence was shakey. no that the defence has been strengthened with 2 potential captains (Heitinga and Distin), and the possibility of having a real winger down the right (either Billy or Pienaar), we should be able to play the ball further up the field and give him more chances. I think we need to play 442 or 352 personally (i know this is never going to happen) because we do need 2 strikers up front and now have the midfield and defencive depth to accomodate these formations.

to be fair to Jo, and same goes here for Felli too, they were very good impact subs...