IGNORED

Kenwright's Greatest Trick!

Now before the apologists and blind loyal fans say this is a rant, here are some facts for you to chew on.

After the cup final, Robert Elstone said buying players is the top priority and no stone shall be left unturned. Sir Philip Carter added he was 'excited' about Everton transfer vision for the summer.

Pre-season comes and Everton make a 9 million pound bid for Steven Defour, 5 million below his valuation. Everton admit the bid and say they are hopefully quality players will follow quickly.

The AGM arrives, Kenwright is asked about transfers (Naughton) and the selling of the club. Kenwright response talks are on going with Sheffield Scummy United and he is bored about questions regarding the sale of the club. Bearing in mind Elstone statement after the cup final, damningly Moyes says there is not much for transfers and he expects 'squad players' to come in not first teamers. Shortly afterward, Everton lose out to Tottenham with Naughton although Everton bid 8 million bid to sign him and Walker.

Weeks later Everton reject a bid for Lescott and Saha, whilst still not bidding/spending money on anyone despite bidding 9 and 8 million on players in previous weeks???

Last week Lescott is sold for 22 million, Moyes angrily snaps at Citeh for 'not offering the money earlier'. Banera work permit is granted, but Valencia and player say a loan transfer is news to them!

Today Everton end deadline day only spending 20 million, 10 million real money and the rest on drip payments. Banera doesn't arrive, Krancjar said he rejects Everton (Tottenham beat Everton to another player), and even more damningly after Kenwright said outside Goodison park at 4:30pm, half an hour before the deadline that he is still looking for players to come in, he has made profit this summer after the Lescott fee and the Sky revenue.

This man is a liar, a cancer, a guy who's best interests doesn't lie with Everton progressing, rather his own pockets mean more. As fans we have been lied to over and over again, yet some still support this man. Some fans have hailed this window as a success, success? Granted the three players and Jo are better than those who departed, but Kenwright has spend ZERO if his own money and Everton are further behind the likes of Citeh and Tottenham.

It's up to you individuals, but I'm neither impressed or excited. I will vote with my pocket and boycott the home games and shirt sales, because ultimately if Kenwright will lie and not want to spend his money then neither will I invest in his lies!

You should think about his situation, it is not that easy to own a club like this. You have to think about the stress he is getting, he is like every other Everton fan but he is the owner and has more stress because he controls part of his favorite club and wants to make us better and the fans happy

Now before the apologists and blind loyal fans say this is a rant, here are some facts for you to chew on.

After the cup final, Robert Elstone said buying players is the top priority and no stone shall be left unturned. Sir Philip Carter added he was 'excited' about Everton transfer vision for the summer.

Pre-season comes and Everton make a 9 million pound bid for Steven Defour, 5 million below his valuation. Everton admit the bid and say they are hopefully quality players will follow quickly.

The AGM arrives, Kenwright is asked about transfers (Naughton) and the selling of the club. Kenwright response talks are on going with Sheffield Scummy United and he is bored about questions regarding the sale of the club. Bearing in mind Elstone statement after the cup final, damningly Moyes says there is not much for transfers and he expects 'squad players' to come in not first teamers. Shortly afterward, Everton lose out to Tottenham with Naughton although Everton bid 8 million bid to sign him and Walker.

Weeks later Everton reject a bid for Lescott and Saha, whilst still not bidding/spending money on anyone despite bidding 9 and 8 million on players in previous weeks???

Last week Lescott is sold for 22 million, Moyes angrily snaps at Citeh for 'not offering the money earlier'. Banera work permit is granted, but Valencia and player say a loan transfer is news to them!

Today Everton end deadline day only spending 20 million, 10 million real money and the rest on drip payments. Banera doesn't arrive, Krancjar said he rejects Everton (Tottenham beat Everton to another player), and even more damningly after Kenwright said outside Goodison park at 4:30pm, half an hour before the deadline that he is still looking for players to come in, he has made profit this summer after the Lescott fee and the Sky revenue.

This man is a liar, a cancer, a guy who's best interests doesn't lie with Everton progressing, rather his own pockets mean more. As fans we have been lied to over and over again, yet some still support this man. Some fans have hailed this window as a success, success? Granted the three players and Jo are better than those who departed, but Kenwright has spend ZERO if his own money and Everton are further behind the likes of Citeh and Tottenham.

It's up to you individuals, but I'm neither impressed or excited. I will vote with my pocket and boycott the home games and shirt sales, because ultimately if Kenwright will lie and not want to spend his money then neither will I invest in his lies!

Valencia in the end kept Banega because they played him again, so he(BK) an Everton didn't lie about the Banera deal.

Personally i would have liked another player in, but what we have got is 4 1st choice players in, An lost 3 squad players, that don't make 10 games between them an 1 first choice defender. Now to me Selling Lescott an buying Billy, Distan an Herts is alot better then keeping Lescott.

Do you have proof he made profit?

Also they did try to get more players in but failed, however you can still get loan deals in for a couple more days, so maybe we might get 1 more.

Wow, thats alot of anger to digest in 1 post.

Let me begin by saying that I to wish we could spend £20 or £30 million every year on players, but the simple truth is we dont have that sort of money. Blue Bill doen have the money, he knows this, we know this everyone knows this. Why the supprise at a well known fact?

A more interesting question is why are teams like shity and villa more attractive to investors than us? Two schools of thought on this one:

1) New stadium, a new stadium would cost a vast amount to build, but more importantly planning permission. New owners would be put off buying a club and only being able to re-develop GP piecemeal. If you get planning permission for a new house the price of the land goes up, or an extension for a house puts the price up. With no new site and limited space around GP to develop would be a big turn off for investers.

2) Blue Bill doesnt realy want to sell,

We will see as the planning issue will be sorted one way or another very soon. If we get a yes and bidders are refused then we will know!

Blue Bill is by no means perfect but he is not a "cancer" (which by the way is a horrable insult to anyone who has had to watch someone dying from the horrific desiese). He is not "Agent Johnson" selling players behined managers backs. He is what he is (just as Shakespeare said) a rich man a committed Blue nose, just not rich enough in todays mega rich days of averis.

By the way the club accounts are there for all to see if you are interested.

Edited by London Blue

Banera doesn't arrive

Krancjar said he rejects Everton

he has made profit this summer after the Lescott fee and the Sky revenue.

Kenwright has spend ZERO if his own money

i normally agree with people who dont like BK, as i am no fan of the guy. i was very pissed off, as was most of the room, when BK said he was bored of the question about how much he wants for the club. but you come across very deluded in that post, specifically the points ive left above.

If you were Valencia, and you had a player playing how Banega did the other night, you would not loan him out.

Krancjar played some of his best football under Redknapp, cant blame him for going back to him.

We have brought in the Lescott money, spent £5m+ on Distin, £9m+ on Billy and £6m+ on Heitinga. so approx £15m, we will have given Wolves around £3m, so call that £18m, so we may have a few million left over from that. Cant bring the Sky revenue into the transfer dealings as we need that to stay afloat. you will see next year, everton did not make a profit, as we havent for a good while now.

also, its a bit harsh saying he doesnt put his own money in, he doesnt have it to put in.

and if you do choose to vote with your pocket, without the backing of the masses you wont change a thing, and that you do not have.

We have brought in the Lescott money, spent £5m+ on Distin, £9m+ on Billy and £6m+ on Heitinga. so approx £15m, we will have given Wolves around £3m, so call that £18m, so we may have a few million left over from that.

Actually that is ~20mil spent. 9+6+5=20 plus the ~3mil for wolves, leaves only 1mil going back into the club. I don't know why people are so pissed at BK. yeah, he says some things he probably shouldn't, but come on...don't tell me you've never put your foot in your own mouth. He's done a ton for this club in his time as chairman. My only complaint is that comment he made about being tired of the investment question. Would have been nice to have a straight forward answer.

I am happy with the transfer window, because I believe we got people in all the positions that needing strengthening. If you think about the team now (when all the injuries are back) we are very strong all over the park, and everyone has competition to keep their place. Without thinking about money we should have available, who do you think we really needed to bring in? Anyone we could have realistically bought in yesterday would have just been cover. Benega would have been nice, but we don't really need him, just would have meant that rodwell would have seen less game time.

We have also improved much more than our rivals, barring city, which clubs have done better than us this window? Arsenal, united and liverpool are all markedly weaker losing some of their best players. Villa lost their captain and most influential player and replaced him with downing :lol: . Tottenham certainly didn't bring in anyone special and losing modric for an extended period has weakened them further.

I don't get hung up on terms like 'net spend' becuase things happen behind closed doors thay we have no idea about, and postulating about them just makes you look stupid. At the end of the day the only thing we can truely judge the team on is on field performance and till that starts falling away I am happy with how the clubs being run.

Edited by the_toffee_bronco

Valencia in the end kept Banega because they played him again, so he(BK) an Everton didn't lie about the Banera deal.

Personally i would have liked another player in, but what we have got is 4 1st choice players in, An lost 3 squad players, that don't make 10 games between them an 1 first choice defender. Now to me Selling Lescott an buying Billy, Distan an Herts is alot better then keeping Lescott.

Do you have proof he made profit?

Also they did try to get more players in but failed, however you can still get loan deals in for a couple more days, so maybe we might get 1 more.

No you cant the window closed at 5pm yesterday that ruling only applies to sides outside of the Prem. The only signings we can make outside of the window are free transfers for players out of contract

I am happy with the transfer window, because I believe we got people in all the positions that needing strengthening. If you think about the team now (when all the injuries are back) we are very strong all over the park, and everyone has competition to keep their place. Without thinking about money we should have available, who do you think we really needed to bring in? Anyone we could have realistically bought in yesterday would have just been cover. Benega would have been nice, but we don't really need him, just would have meant that rodwell would have seen less game time.

We have also improved much more than our rivals, barring city, which clubs have done better than us this window? Arsenal, united and liverpool are all markedly weaker losing some of their best players. Villa lost their captain and most influential player and replaced him with downing :lol: . Tottenham certainly didn't bring in anyone special and losing modric for an extended period has weakened them further.

I don't get hung up on terms like 'net spend' becuase things happen behind closed doors thay we have no idea about, and postulating about them just makes you look stupid. At the end of the day the only thing we can truely judge the team on is on field performance and till that starts falling away I am happy with how the clubs being run.

Dont really agree that Arsenal & The Shite are markedly weaker. Arsenal lost Toure and replaced him with a better CB and lost Adebayor who was doing nothing for them anyway and have Eduardo back to replace him. The Shite lost Alonso but replaced him with Aqualani who is a top player and have also added Johnson. So I would say they are both stronger

Villa didnt just get Downing they also brought in Delph, Collins, Warnock and Beye so I would say they are stronger. Spurs brought in Crouch, Bassong, Krancjar and Naughton so I would say they are much stronger. Sunderland and Fulham are also considerably stronger

I think we have done well out of the whole Lescott saga and brought in some promising signigs but it is dissapointing that we havent brought in more players because we certainly need stengthening in terms of numbers.

The Banega situation is unfortunate but I cant see how that is Evertons fault except maybe they should have switched targets sooner. If we had gone for Krancjar before Modric was injured Im sure we would have got him

Congratulations I think you have pretty conclusively managed to defeat your long-winded argument in just 12 words... The fact is, before the Lescott sale Moyes was looking at young, unproven players from the Championship and below (Naughton, Delph), basically meaning we didn't have much in the way of funds and were having to go down the 'nurturing talent' route. I don't get why people get so angry when players we target DON'T sign - that is football, it happens to every club - yes, even the Chelsea's, Man City's and ManUre's of the world. And the fact that we keep losing players to Spurs is simple - they have a ridiculous wage policy and are quite happy to pay players like bentley to warm the bench on upwards of £50k a week.

Now fastforward to the Lescott sale - no one wants him to go, least of all Moyes it seems - or that's what he makes out. Coz actually, he's playing a very clever game - he knows City are loaded, so he milks them for all he can get, and wins. With that money, he buys a two established internationals aged 25 and under and a highly experienced and reliable Premiership centre back. And let's make no bones about it - Heitinga is FAR better than Naughton, and Bily is FAR better than Delph. So you could argue we've actually done better in the transfer window than the club hoped to do at the end of last season.

Where I do agree with you is the disappointment we haven't brought in Defour or Banega - I think we needed a creative centre mid to cover for Arteta, and our bid for Defour was well below his market value (esp if Felli was worth £15m), but i don't think there's much we can do about valencia changing their mind on Banega.

But as you say, Captain - what we have got now is better than what we had last season. That's progress, isn't it. So you keep your money in your pocket and bitch on about Kenwright (or go support City if a club throwing their cash around is what gets you off), I'm looking forward to the adventure ahead.

My only concern with this transfer window is that we had to sell to buy. It just shouldn't be that way; you can't sell your better players and hope to build. So, who goes next summer in order to fund any business? Jags? Arteta? Yak? I reckon it'll be Yak myself.

I'm pleased with the signings we've made because we now have a stronger starting 11 but we definitely needed more bodies to bulk out the squad. So this transfer window gets a good but could have been better rating from me.

Yes we have strengthened the "starting XI" but how many games a season do we manage to put out the strongest 11 players on the pitch? We are without Arteta and Jags with Yakubu only just getting back to fitness.

Every season we lose one of our big ticket players for prolonged periods. Arteta is our only real creative force (argue for Pienaar if you will but Arteta is the main man who without we look lost) therefore I feel that we really did need to strengthen more.

It's a squad game, you need to replace like with like and our bench has an average age of what, 17 or 18 and these young lads although prospects are miles away from regular first team action, especially at a supposed top 5 club.

Which other top 6 club has a bench as weak as ours? None is the short answer.

Now, yes we have brought in Heitinga which seems to be a good signings but we are still without any creativity on the bench and until Arteta gets back on the park too

Someone said earlier that they would only be concerned once the performances have suffered... seeing the first 3 league games I'd say that this has happened already.

Our first XI is strong, there's no debating that, my only concern is that we won't see that list of players play more than 20 games together this season and we do not have sufficient strength in depth to challenge the likes of Villa, Spurs, City, let alone the "big 4". This means we may fail to qualify for Europe, will that mean the established players will then want to leave for clubs in Europe? I'd say this is highly likely.

Our first XI is strong, there's no debating that, my only concern is that we won't see that list of players play more than 20 games together this season and we do not have sufficient strength in depth to challenge the likes of Villa, Spurs, City, let alone the "big 4". This means we may fail to qualify for Europe, will that mean the established players will then want to leave for clubs in Europe? I'd say this is highly likely.

But you said our squad has improved and we have no less depth this year than last (more in fact), why do now not have the strength to beat villa and spurs who we finished ahead of last year (city are obviously a different story).

I agree that we will struggle if we lose arteta, but he is the lynch pin of our team and every team has players they simply can't afford to lose (can you imagine pool going for 6 months without gerrard :o ), but we did a pretty admirable job in his absence last season. Who could we realistically got to be an able replacement for arteta, even saint moutinho would have been no certainty to be a success in the prem and he definatley wouldn't have been up to arteta standard at this point in his career.

Yes we have strengthened the "starting XI" but how many games a season do we manage to put out the strongest 11 players on the pitch? We are without Arteta and Jags with Yakubu only just getting back to fitness.

Every season we lose one of our big ticket players for prolonged periods. Arteta is our only real creative force (argue for Pienaar if you will but Arteta is the main man who without we look lost) therefore I feel that we really did need to strengthen more.

It's a squad game, you need to replace like with like and our bench has an average age of what, 17 or 18 and these young lads although prospects are miles away from regular first team action, especially at a supposed top 5 club.

Which other top 6 club has a bench as weak as ours? None is the short answer.

Now, yes we have brought in Heitinga which seems to be a good signings but we are still without any creativity on the bench and until Arteta gets back on the park too

Someone said earlier that they would only be concerned once the performances have suffered... seeing the first 3 league games I'd say that this has happened already.

I see your point and it is a pity we missed out on Banega as otherwise I think we would have done very well this transfer window and covered all the areas that needed strengthening but at the same time, we do have more strength in depth than some people think. Moyes has bought a lot of players, through excellent management, who can play in a variety of positions - Neville, Heitinga, Arteta - meaning that one player in effect can cover 3 different roles. Look at Liverpool's team, without Torres they have nothing up front, we have Yakubu, Saha, Jo, Anichebe, Vaughan. Without Gerrard they're midfield is seriously weakened. They're strength in depth is wafer thin and Liverpool get a lot more revenue than us, if anyone should be getting questions asked it's Hicks and Gilette, not Kenwright. The fact is we can't spend money we don't have, we'd all like more money but as long as the club spend their money wisely and keep us going in the right direction then I'm happy. We've sold one starting player and let a load of bench warmers/injury plagued players go and brought in (on paper) 3/4 players who will possibly improve our first team, that is excellent business in my book. It was always in our interests to sell Lescott, Moyes must have known it deep down and just drove the price as high as he could to raise the necessary funds.

Once we get our injured star players back and with the increasing emergence of Rodwell the future looks pretty rosy in my opinion. We just need to keep in touch with City and particularly Spurs until Arteta is back, then we'll really be in business.

I don't necessarily think that it was a case of "sell to buy" because we did have the initial fee of £5m accepted by sheff utd before Al twitchy came into the picture. So it was probably a case of getting through the window by spending as little as possible. I dont expect us to go out and spend £20-30m on players every window because its a simple fact that we cannot do that. But when you see the likes of players like Kranjcar (who would easily better what we currently have) going for £3m! Surely!! Moyes must have picked up that Pompey were out to sell there best players earlier in this window with the sales of defoe and Crouch, so we could have had that deal done pretty quickly i would have thought.

Think we were also quite unfortunate with Van der vaart aswell, will be interesting what happens with that one come January.

Anyways, cant see us doing better than we did last season, probably mid-table......But how many times have people thought that in previous seasons.

COYB.

I see your point and it is a pity we missed out on Banega as otherwise I think we would have done very well this transfer window and covered all the areas that needed strengthening but at the same time, we do have more strength in depth than some people think. Moyes has bought a lot of players, through excellent management, who can play in a variety of positions - Neville, Heitinga, Arteta - meaning that one player in effect can cover 3 different roles. Look at Liverpool's team, without Torres they have nothing up front, we have Yakubu, Saha, Jo, Anichebe, Vaughan. Without Gerrard they're midfield is seriously weakened. They're strength in depth is wafer thin and Liverpool get a lot more revenue than us, if anyone should be getting questions asked it's Hicks and Gilette, not Kenwright. The fact is we can't spend money we don't have, we'd all like more money but as long as the club spend their money wisely and keep us going in the right direction then I'm happy. We've sold one starting player and let a load of bench warmers/injury plagued players go and brought in (on paper) 3/4 players who will possibly improve our first team, that is excellent business in my book. It was always in our interests to sell Lescott, Moyes must have known it deep down and just drove the price as high as he could to raise the necessary funds.

Once we get our injured star players back and with the increasing emergence of Rodwell the future looks pretty rosy in my opinion. We just need to keep in touch with City and particularly Spurs until Arteta is back, then we'll really be in business.

Some very good points, especially the comments about Liverpool and the strength and depth within there squad.

Now before the apologists and blind loyal fans say this is a rant...

Lost me there because it's plain there's a rant coming :) .

"Apologists" makes the assumption that someone has done something to apologise for....presumably BK....which I don't accept.

Unless you want him to apologise for not being a billionnaire (I think he did once didn't he?) :huh: .

While we're at it, I apologise for not being a billionnaire also :( .

Anyway (my opinion) we've come out of the window with the club in a slightly better position financially and with a stronger squad than we had a year ago. Would have liked another player or two but the quality is certainly moving in the right direction.

8/10 for me....much better than last year.

I think the issue many of the people frustrated with Bill is that he is not as straight talking as he would like to make out. Yes, we sold Lescott fot a good price and replaced him adequately with 2 centre halves and a left winger. But that is all.

On the balance of things we are one player off better than last year (including Jags injury which has no guarantee of success - fingers crossed) The squad size we had last year was no way near big enough, and you cannot blame injuries for that, other teams get them, it's just that we show them more because we have no cover - simple as that, and Anichebe is not a premier league striker - in effect we had Yak and Vaughan for the majority of the campaign after signing Fellaini for an inflated price with very little research done (we are almost relieved when he has an ok game and doesn't get booked - £15m?!)

The problem is that we have been so mistreated in terms of how money has been spent for so long that we are almost expected to be grateful when we actually sign a few players. The level of expectation has gotten so low that any photo of a player holding a shirt aloft is treated with a major buzz, when in fact the last proven exciting premiership player we signed (Distin aside) was Yak.

The troubling fact remains that we are no longer able to compete when the likes of Spurs open their cheque book. The manager deserves full backing in securing the players he identifies, in my mind he will be looking forward to the day when Sir Alex retires and he has an opportunity to get the players he wants. Are we as Everton fans wrong to have ambitions that exceed the spending power of our owners?

after signing Fellaini for an inflated price with very little research done (we are almost relieved when he has an ok game and doesn't get booked - £15m?!)

Huh? Fellani was our joint top scorer last season, which if you remember was his FIRST in the premier leauge. He was in a country where he didnt speak the language, and a team that resembled something from scrap heap challenge due to the injuries we had!

Fellani also had a back injury that prevented him playing at his best for a good part of the end of last season. This season will be important for him, if he gets in a settled side now that he has ajusted to the premier leauge we should see the best of him.

Lost me there because it's plain there's a rant coming :) .

"Apologists" makes the assumption that someone has done something to apologise for....presumably BK....which I don't accept.

Unless you want him to apologise for not being a billionnaire (I think he did once didn't he?) :huh: .

While we're at it, I apologise for not being a billionnaire also :( .

Anyway (my opinion) we've come out of the window with the club in a slightly better position financially and with a stronger squad than we had a year ago. Would have liked another player or two but the quality is certainly moving in the right direction.

8/10 for me....much better than last year.

Spot on.

I also began to lose interest as soon as I read the first line. I sit on the fence with BK. I'm neither pro nor anti. It would be nice if he had more money but its important to remember the state the club was in when he took over. You cant deny the improvement he's made on the club, we do however need some sort of cash injection now if we want to continue building on the ground work that BK has built.

I don't necessarily think that it was a case of "sell to buy" because we did have the initial fee of £5m accepted by sheff utd before Al twitchy came into the picture. So it was probably a case of getting through the window by spending as little as possible. I dont expect us to go out and spend £20-30m on players every window because its a simple fact that we cannot do that. But when you see the likes of players like Kranjcar (who would easily better what we currently have) going for £3m! Surely!! Moyes must have picked up that Pompey were out to sell there best players earlier in this window with the sales of defoe and Crouch, so we could have had that deal done pretty quickly i would have thought.

Think we were also quite unfortunate with Van der vaart aswell, will be interesting what happens with that one come January.

Anyways, cant see us doing better than we did last season, probably mid-table......But how many times have people thought that in previous seasons.

COYB.

Personally I don't think that much of Krancjar anyway, he's got no pace and nothing outstanding about his game. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy him for £2.5m as a squad player but I wouldn't have been overly excited if we had got him - and as Redknapp was always favourite that was unlikely. I've no idea what Bilyaletdinov is going to be like but I'd hope he was better than Krancjar.

Huh? Fellani was our joint top scorer last season, which if you remember was his FIRST in the premier leauge. He was in a country where he didnt speak the language, and a team that resembled something from scrap heap challenge due to the injuries we had!

Fellani also had a back injury that prevented him playing at his best for a good part of the end of last season. This season will be important for him, if he gets in a settled side now that he has ajusted to the premier leauge we should see the best of him.

Unfortunately I don't view a successful midfield signing at £15m as one is joint top scorer at the club when the fact is we had no recognisable striker. With his height comes the advantage of getting up for headers, however with his height comes a price as he is the least mobile midfielder I have seen in a blueshirt, he makes Barry Horne look lightning. Physical presence is great but when combined with lack of mobility you tend to find clumsiness. However the jury is still out, for £15m I expect a world beater in next 2 years.

If we were more pro active in the transfer markets we wouldn't be over paying for players of Felli's ability. Allegedlly we went for Krancjar - why not a month ago for £2.5m that represents the best business done that I have seen. Maybe we wouldn't have got him, but it's always a last minute rush.

I think the issue many of the people frustrated with Bill is that he is not as straight talking as he would like to make out.

Exactly what erks me about the man, unfortunately it seems he conducts his business in a similar fashion.

Two things I forgot to mention earlier, Everton £10 million bid for Luisao then Moyes plea towards the board for extra cash. Some fans say they sit on the fence with BK, ok but were these fans on the fence also about Kirby? Because if we were then maybe that is why the vote came back yes, if we really had a say that is? Anyway back to the bids earlier in the pre-season, so where did that money go to then? It's a simple question, if anybody can answer that then I would be most grateful. If money was there then why did Moyes say a month after that there isn't enough money to make first team signings? Again it appears that the board and Moyes weren't on the same song sheet.

And as others have remarked, expectation is so low that by spending the Lescott money to buy three players is classed as a good window? Like I said I'm happy with the players brought in, but unhappy that BK appears to have hidden behind the Lescott sale and hasn't helped Moyes invest further into the squad, as we are still very short in the middle. Something which Moyes asked for himself, and wasn't granted.

Not just my opinion, facts which you all seen for yourselves.

Spot on.

I also began to lose interest as soon as I read the first line. I sit on the fence with BK. I'm neither pro nor anti. It would be nice if he had more money but its important to remember the state the club was in when he took over. You cant deny the improvement he's made on the club, we do however need some sort of cash injection now if we want to continue building on the ground work that BK has built.

Agree with you, Mike, carlmc and probably a lot of others.

As long as we keep improving like we have then I'm happy. The BK and Moyes partnership (and they ARE a partnership, I think it'd be pretty blind to miss the fact that they're great friends) has done wonders for Everton football club. Okay we don't get told everything, but in this day and age you can't just tell your fans some things and expect the rest of the footballing world to ignore it. PR is very important.

Would like to see either a cash-injecting investor (very unlikely) or a new owner or major shareholder who would keep BK and Carter on in some capacity.

Whether people choose to acknowledge the fact, or simply choose to ignore it, BK bleeds blue. And he's the type of guy I want at Everton F.C

Unless one of you guys can find a Sheikh Al Ah-Everton :P Then I'm all for it :P

The BK and Moyes partnership (and they ARE a partnership, I think it'd be pretty blind to miss the fact that they're great friends) has done wonders for Everton football club.

Whether people choose to acknowledge the fact, or simply choose to ignore it, BK bleeds blue. And he's the type of guy I want at Everton F.C

PR is very important.

Think some have been taken in by this.

Spot on.

Agree with you, Mike, carlmc and probably a lot of others.

As long as we keep improving like we have then I'm happy. The BK and Moyes partnership (and they ARE a partnership, I think it'd be pretty blind to miss the fact that they're great friends) has done wonders for Everton football club. Okay we don't get told everything, but in this day and age you can't just tell your fans some things and expect the rest of the footballing world to ignore it. PR is very important.

Would like to see either a cash-injecting investor (very unlikely) or a new owner or major shareholder who would keep BK and Carter on in some capacity.

Unless one of you guys can find a Sheikh Al Ah-Everton :P Then I'm all for it :P

thanks guys, couldnt have put it better myself!

Got to stick up for captain a little on this topic, i do agree that we have progressed as a team under Kenwright but surely this is mainly down to Moyes not Kenwright. Think we do a good job of getting top dollar for any player leaving Goodison which maybe Kenwright could have some plaudits for.

We are safely run and the future of out great club is not put in jeopordy by lavish spending...but surely a net outlay of ZERO pounds over the last two summers is a little worrying to people? I am not expecting ridicoulous spending but after two seasons of great performances and greatly increased income a little should come back into the transfer kitty...shouldn't it?

Got to stick up for captain a little on this topic, i do agree that we have progressed as a team under Kenwright but surely this is mainly down to Moyes not Kenwright. Think we do a good job of getting top dollar for any player leaving Goodison which maybe Kenwright could have some plaudits for.

We are safely run and the future of out great club is not put in jeopordy by lavish spending...but surely a net outlay of ZERO pounds over the last two summers is a little worrying to people? I am not expecting ridicoulous spending but after two seasons of great performances and greatly increased income a little should come back into the transfer kitty...shouldn't it?

im very happy that were not going further into debt and still bringing in quality players! how is going into debt a good tihng, especially id UEFA manage to bring in this proposed punishment for clubs spending beyond their means?

im very happy that were not going further into debt and still bringing in quality players! how is going into debt a good tihng, especially id UEFA manage to bring in this proposed punishment for clubs spending beyond their means?

Didn't really suggest going into debt my point was more that even with increased profits at the club this is never reflected by the size of our transfer kitty. I understand wages takes a large percentage of money from the clubs running but surely at the start of the season they couldn't have predicted finishing fifth a cup final and new deals with Chang and kitbag where is this increase in profit?

If there is no profit from this then surely if we have apoor season and finish mid table the difference in tv money will leave us running at a loss.