IGNORED

Our Midfield

Adpom

Based on us playing 451 still i was thinking about our midfield.

We all hoping that Pienaar will now go on the right an Billy on the left, in the middle we got Aretea an then who? the way Rodwell playing i am thinking him, but i'm not sure who i would choose, as you got Neville/Cahill an Fellini to go in. the good news is we have choice as we could go for

-----Rodwell---Neville

Pienaar--Arteta----Billy

----------Striker---------

Or

more attacking, take out Rodwell or Neville an put in Cahill or Fellini

i think the one above will be what DM will use the most.

Either way its good that for once it will be hard to pick a team, unlike last season were it picked it self, based on who was fit.

I think we will be much more likely to use Arteta in a deep-lying playmaker role (similar to Pirlo), as he performed it brilliantly in the weeks before he was injured.

I think we'll see something like this when at full strength:

----Neville----Arteta

Pienaar---Cahill---Billy

----------Yakubu

Rodwell and Neville are interchangable, and I think Fellaini will also be used there as he was brought in as a holding mid and he showed glimpses of his ability in that role against Wigan.

Alternatively Fellaini can be swapped with Cahill in the attacking mid role.

I think we will be much more likely to use Arteta in a deep-lying playmaker role (similar to Pirlo), as he performed it brilliantly in the weeks before he was injured.

----Neville----Arteta

Pienaar---Cahill---Billy

----------Yakubu

Rodwell and Neville are interchangable, and I think Fellaini will also be used there as he was brought in as a holding mid and he showed glimpses of his ability in that role against Wigan.

He came on as a late Sub... and was played R CM ISH..... He was doing alot of chasing anyway and was pushing high up the pitch as we were chasing the game...... Not exactly HOLDING MIDFIELD.....

Not having a dig... just dont think Moyes will play Him that deep....... He played Cahill in the center over Fellini and we all know how poor ahill is in that role.... shows what Moyes things of big Fellini....

----Neville----Arteta

Pienaar---Cahill---Billy

----------Yakubu

I agree, that would be my team (assuming Billy is good) except apparently Billy can play on the RW so I doubt Moyes will move Pienaar as he has a good understanding with Baines.

-------Rodwell----

Bily---Arteta----Pienaar

--Cahill/felli-----

-------Yakubu-----

Against Strong Teams.

Bily---Fellaini---Arteta---Pienaar

-------Saha/Jo/Yakubu-------

or

--------Neville--------

Bily---Arteta----Pienaar

-------Saha/Jo/Yakubu-----

Against Weaker teams.

Go for Goal difference against lower ranked teams and hold tight against the big boys. I'd still love for us to go all out against the 'top 4' but i dont think thats ever gona happen with Moysie im afraid?

I can't see a team without Cahill in it, nor would I want to.

4-5-1 is our best formation and Cahill will score more goals than any second striker we have so I say stick with it.

Use Jo/ Yak/ Saha interchangeably with maybe Jo out on the left if Moyes is feeling a bit fruity against a team he really feels that we can beat handsomely.

I like the idea of Arteta behind the core midfield players but think Bily the Russian will take quite a long time to settle into a regular starting berth. I see him as sub until after Christmas at best

Edited by blueblood

I would think Moyes will play what HE thinks is his best midfield against which ever team we are playing, seven subs mean he can change the midfield around if needed.

He's got enough to choose from and can switch tactics around when he wants.

Moyes choice of midfield will probably be dictated by who and how many he plays up front.

Opponents can't have a clue what to expect from Fellaini, that to me should be an advantage.

Remember the old days of 11 players and 1 sub!.....crap! that sub really needed to be the best of the lot, he could have ended up playing any where.

Today with 7 subs, you should be able to win games from the bench.....pretty much like the Wigan game.

Still think the center midfield is pretty weak, with Rodwell and Arteta being the only two who can turn games.

You only have 2 or 3 central midfielders playing in any one game and I'd say both Arteta and Cahill are capable of turning a game. Throw in Rodwell's continuous improvement and we could end up with one of the best all round playmakers (Arteta) one of the best goalscoring midfielders (Cahill) and one of the best defensive midfielders in the league (Rodwell). That looks pretty strong to me, the only thing is we need Arteta fit. Without him, I think we need to try Osman in the middle, he can link up the play but only in a 451.

That looks pretty strong to me, the only thing is we need Arteta fit. Without him, I think we need to try Osman in the middle, he can link up the play but only in a 451.

How to agree to disagree on this one. I think Everton are more of a threat going with two strikers or Cahill up as a striker rather than the floating role, everyone is aware of the 4-5-1 and the better teams will counter it easily.

------------YAKUBU--------------

-PIENAAR----CAHILL------FELLAINI

-------NEVILLE--ARTETA-----------

-BAINES--DISTIN----JAGS--HEITENGA

I think moyes's first eleven would be that ^ If he had no injurys, as we don't know how good Billy is, if he does prove to be a better attacking midfielder than ossie and fellaini then he will slot in.

My best 11

--------------YAK----------------

-BILLY------CAHILL-------PIENAAR-

-------ARTETA----FELLAINI--------

-BAINES---DISTIN--JAGS--HEITENGA-

In the next few years Rodwell will slot in regular but not just yet.

We could also attempt a Chelsea style 4 3 3

--JO-----------------------SAHA--

------ARTETA-------CAHILL--------

------------RODWELL--------------

-BAINES--DISTIN---JAGS--HEITENGA-

At First I was gutted about our summer at everton but when you think about it our team is getting very hard to choose a best 11 which cannot be a bad thing, but with a few more class players and a few squad players we could really kick on and challenge any team in the league.

Edited by Blue4Ever

My best 11

-BILLY------CAHILL-------PIENAAR-

-------ARTETA----FELLAINI--------

-BAINES---DISTIN--JAGS--HEITENGA-

In the next few years Rodwell will slot in regular but not just yet.

This. And then as Cahill continues to age, he will get replaced by Rodwell .. with Arteta or Fellaini in the more attacking role obviously.

Edited by holystove

We could also attempt a Chelsea style 4 3 3

--JO-----------------------SAHA--

------ARTETA-------CAHILL--------

------------RODWELL--------------

-BAINES--DISTIN---JAGS--HEITENGA-

Think that side would be overun, midfield would get no help from those 3 up front and we'd get battered. :)

In order of quality our centre midfield is

1. Arteta 2. Rodwell 3. Cahill (not in 2 man centre) 4. Neville 5. Fellaini

Hate to say it but the £15m spent on Fellaini may never be realised - has no pace combined with work rate which means he needs to be part of a hard working central 3 (same as Cahill)

Personally I would go this: Saha Yak

Billy Pienaar

Rodwell Arteta

Baines Distin Jags Heitinga

I would give Baines and Heitinga wing back roles and allow pienaar and Billy to cut in centrally when wing backs join attack - this would give us so much creativity and attacking options. If away from home, the usual 5 man midfield formation.