IGNORED

Fulham Vs Everton - Advice For A Visiting Scot

Laurie

Afternoon Everton followers,

I am just looking for some guidance on possibly attending the Fulham vs Everton match at Craven Cottage a week Sunday (13th September).

I am a Hearts fan from Edinburgh, but I'll be visiting relatives in London that week. One thing I have still not managed to do is attend a Premiership match so I decided I'd check the fixtures. Whilst I won't pretend to be an Everton fan I have always had a liking for them, not sure whether it's the Scottish link there has always been but whatever it is I have always been fond of them. The English team I've followed since I was younger currently sit in League 1 and aren't popular with most, but I hope you won't hold that against me!

Anyway the point in my post was I'd like to find out how easy, if at all, it is to get tickets for this game in the Everton end. And where you like to go pre-match etc. I do like a bit of singing at a game and to take in a decent atmosphere, otherwise I'd probably just sit in the family end on the Fulham side.

If any friendly supporters group could advise where I'd be best to go it'd be much appreciated. Certainly wouldn't want to find myself in the middle of any bother on my first trip to a Premiership game.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Laurie

Afternoon Everton followers,

I am just looking for some guidance on possibly attending the Fulham vs Everton match at Craven Cottage a week Sunday (13th September).

I am a Hearts fan from Edinburgh, but I'll be visiting relatives in London that week. One thing I have still not managed to do is attend a Premiership match so I decided I'd check the fixtures. Whilst I won't pretend to be an Everton fan I have always had a liking for them, not sure whether it's the Scottish link there has always been but whatever it is I have always been fond of them. The English team I've followed since I was younger currently sit in League 1 and aren't popular with most, but I hope you won't hold that against me!

Anyway the point in my post was I'd like to find out how easy, if at all, it is to get tickets for this game in the Everton end. And where you like to go pre-match etc. I do like a bit of singing at a game and to take in a decent atmosphere, otherwise I'd probably just sit in the family end on the Fulham side.

If any friendly supporters group could advise where I'd be best to go it'd be much appreciated. Certainly wouldn't want to find myself in the middle of any bother on my first trip to a Premiership game.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Laurie

Not anyway knowledgeable about our away system but I can guarantee there will be absolutely no bother at a Fulham/Everton game.

We tend to get on fairly well :P

Not anyway knowledgeable about our away system but I can guarantee there will be absolutely no bother at a Fulham/Everton game.

We tend to get on fairly well :P

I did think that was the case, but as a fan of football north of the border I wasn't completely sure. I'm just after a good atmosphere and hopefully a good football match.

I did think that was the case, but as a fan of football north of the border I wasn't completely sure. I'm just after a good atmosphere and hopefully a good football match.

I went there for the last game of the season and will be there again next weekend, i met a load of supporters in the Cottage Pub but unfortunately that has just closed down, but just outside Putney Bridge tube station (10 mins walk to the ground) is the Eight Bells which was full of singing Evertonians last season.

You should have no trouble getting a ticket because they have a neutral end so visitors and opposing fans can always get in, they have it because it helps them boost the attendance.

Good crowd the Fulham lads, never any trouble.

I went there for the last game of the season and will be there again next weekend, i met a load of supporters in the Cottage Pub but unfortunately that has just closed down, but just outside Putney Bridge tube station (10 mins walk to the ground) is the Eight Bells which was full of singing Evertonians last season.

You should have no trouble getting a ticket because they have a neutral end so visitors and opposing fans can always get in, they have it because it helps them boost the attendance.

Good crowd the Fulham lads, never any trouble.

Cheers for the info. At least it sounds like I'll definetely be able to get to the game. I would rather not be in the neutral end if I can help it though, like I say when I go to a game I like to experience the atmosphere a bit more. If I want to get tickets in the actual Everton end can I just buy them through the club? Any supporters groups willing to take a visiting Scot under their arm and teach me the songs and some of the Toffee banter? :D

Cheers for the info. At least it sounds like I'll definetely be able to get to the game. I would rather not be in the neutral end if I can help it though, like I say when I go to a game I like to experience the atmosphere a bit more. If I want to get tickets in the actual Everton end can I just buy them through the club? Any supporters groups willing to take a visiting Scot under their arm and teach me the songs and some of the Toffee banter? :D

Buy a ticket at Fulham, We only got allocated 1600 tickets and they all go to season ticket holders, the neutral end was full of Blues last season. ;)

Buy a ticket at Fulham, We only got allocated 1600 tickets and they all go to season ticket holders, the neutral end was full of Blues last season. ;)

Cheers mate, will do that then. Reckon I'll be able to get them on the day, or better going and buying them in advance?

Its the one opposite the river bank (not the one that backs onto the river), the neutral end is from the halfway line down to the corner flag where it meets the Everton end behind the goal, Would'nt leave it until matchday, go the day before. (Sat).

Yeah I think I've found the right stand, the Putney End. One half of the stand is greyed out in the ticket section of the Fulham site, so I presume that half if the one reserved just for away fans. I presume buying them as close to the Everton end as possible would mean I'd be more likely to be with Everton supporters? Or is it just purely random?

just dug my old ticket out, i was in block P3 which looked across the 18 yard line and was full of blues.

IF YOU NEED ANY MORE SEND ME A PM. :)

Yeah that's about right, P7, P6 and P5 are the set away sections and then P4-P2 appear to be the 'neutral' sections. I will try and get P4 but if not will get as close as possible, ie P3, P2. I'm tempted just to buy it now and have it delivered to the address I'll be staying at when I'm down there, just to save me making an extra trip to Craven Cottage. In fact I've just noticed there is a 'collect' option, will probably just do that and pick it up on the day from the ground.

Any more advice on boozers to attend to meet plenty Blues before the game for a pint and a bit of banter is most welcome.

Cheers guys!

Edited by Laurie

Laurie - OUt of interest, what do you think of David Obua?

He's hot and cold. Some games he looks like he's never seen a football in his life and is the clumsiest player I've seen. Next game he will be skinning people left right and centre and hitting 35 yard screamers.

Overall he is a strong player, very good in the air and has a pile driver of a left foot. Good for the SPL, not sure if he could go up a level any time soon though.

Any reason why?

You can go on the everton site an look at the ticket information. tickets go on general sale tomorrow i think!.. i agree Adpom, dont buy the food!

Fulham away last season was good :)

Think we got allocated 1600 tickets, so i'm assuming season ticket holders have taken most, and those that are left(if any) will sell to supporters with Credits, Seeing as Laurie has never been to a game and therefore has Zero credits, i doubt very much if any tickets will be left to go on general sale.

But by all means give them a ring. ;)

Think we got allocated 1600 tickets, so i'm assuming season ticket holders have taken most, and those that are left(if any) will sell to supporters with Credits, Seeing as Laurie has never been to a game and therefore has Zero credits, i doubt very much if any tickets will be left to go on general sale.

We have been allocated 2987 tickets (according to the site)

Any tickets remaining go on general sale on Friday 4th Sept at 8.00am and it has not yet sold out!

I have a season ticket, got mine about 2 weeks ago

you going? :)

It's fine I will just get a seat in the neutral stand, try and get as close to the away section as possible. By the sounds of it the neutral sections at that side will be almost as good as an Everton end anyway. Wouldn't want to sneak in front of any genuine Blues trying to get tickets tomorrow!

It's fine I will just get a seat in the neutral stand, try and get as close to the away section as possible. By the sounds of it the neutral sections at that side will be almost as good as an Everton end anyway. Wouldn't want to sneak in front of any genuine Blues trying to get tickets tomorrow!

Pretty much Laurie, always go there myself, some Fulham fans and some genuine neutrals too. will be in the 8 Bells too prematch, and block P3 row G65 or 66 for the match.

Yeah I think I've found the right stand, the Putney End. One half of the stand is greyed out in the ticket section of the Fulham site, so I presume that half if the one reserved just for away fans. I presume buying them as close to the Everton end as possible would mean I'd be more likely to be with Everton supporters? Or is it just purely random?

That's weird, I actually work as a fire steward at Fulham occasionally, and I've always thought the Putney stand was purely for away fans.

To be fair though, I do usually work the Riverside stand, and I've never noticed the Fulham fans being particularly vocal anywhere in the ground!

As for places to eat, there's a Pizza Express on Fulham road not far from the ground if you meant something like that? Otherwise there's a variety of places just over the bridge in Putney. Fulham itself has loads of places too, but it's a little bit of a walk, unless you get off at fulham broadway then walk to the ground afterwards (about 20/30 mins).

Sorry I can't be much more help, but I only really know Hammersmith well :)

Thanks for all the advice and info lads. I reckon I'll book my ticket next week and I'll probably head to the 8 Bells or another watering hole pre-match. Maybe see some of you there! Hope I can witness a Blues win!

(Now just to find a friendly bar in London where I can take in the Scotland vs Holland match midweek...)

I have to meet up with some fulham fans, one of which has my ticket, I hope to arrive at Putney Bridge tube station at about 1.00 and this is where i'll be from then onwards.

The Dukes Head which is on the embankment just over the bridge on the putney side, as you can see on the map its not very far from the ground (top left of map) so if anybody would like to call in and have a beer, i will be sitting in the Corner having Burgher and chips after my journey.

The pub on the other side of the bridge just outside the tube station is The 8 bells, always heavily laden with away supporters.

I wouldnt mind seeing some peeps from this board for a pint in The Dukes Head for a chat and a quiet drink before crossing over the bridge to the 8 bells.

Dukeshead.jpg