IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

jcrawfor

Its early days yet but from what we've seen of his attitude I reckon he'll stick around a lot longer than Rooney did. He also plays in a position where theres a fair few Brit youths coming through, unlike when Rooney left, who was pretty much the only sure fire prospect of his age and nationality.

Yeah, so far he seems to have the right PR guy. Comes across level headed and not mercenary like.

It is favourable for us that he is not a striker as young stikers who get goals always have more pressure/media attention. For now Rodders can carry on as he is and help drive us through the season - getting a few long range goals won't hurt his valuation too. :D

Well done Kenwright for moving us to Finch Farm and creating a great youth system....am I allowed to give Kenwright praise or is this the Kenwright bashing thread in disguise? :lol::lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No backlash as it's a fact! The only thing stopping Arteta and Jags going is that Citeh are well stocked in those areas, but money talks and especially for a chairman who is seemingly intend on keeping us a selling club. Doesn't matter Moyes says know, as Hughes put it, clubs will speak to Billy directly as they know he is keen for the cash.

I don't agree that it's a fact at all. Selling Jagielka for anything in excess of £20m would have to be excellent business but selling Arteta would make absolutely no sense as we'd have to pay a fortune to replace him. The only way I can see us selling Arteta would be for a fee in excess of £35m+, certainly £30m+ as he is the most important player in our team and getting a replacement of his quality will be very difficult and risky. Most players in our team are replaceable, Arteta isn't.

I don't agree that it's a fact at all. Selling Jagielka for anything in excess of £20m would have to be excellent business but selling Arteta would make absolutely no sense as we'd have to pay a fortune to replace him. The only way I can see us selling Arteta would be for a fee in excess of £35m+, certainly £30m+ as he is the most important player in our team and getting a replacement of his quality will be very difficult and risky. Most players in our team are replaceable, Arteta isn't.

SSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!! Dont be telling everyone...................

Again, expecting backlash, but Arteta is replaceable. we played half a season without him and finished 5th and a Cup final. We are missing him, there is no doubt, but there are replacements about and good ones too for 20 mill. all players are replaceable...

Again, expecting backlash, but Arteta is replaceable. we played half a season without him and finished 5th and a Cup final. We are missing him, there is no doubt, but there are replacements about and good ones too for 20 mill. all players are replaceable...

no 'backlash' but going to have to disagree there. we couldn't attract a player of that quality IMO for what we would receive and ontop of that we'd be losing someone who is well liked in the dressing room. without arteta we did fine, no doubting that, but we were quite fortunate really to do so. we scraped many results playing poorly and we got lucky with villa imploding. when arteta plays we're a different side, one that plays better football and always gives the defence an out ball...he's the one player we can count on to keep a hold of the ball to mount a good attack from defence. if we're going to finish even near europe again this year he's key.

no 'backlash' but going to have to disagree there. we couldn't attract a player of that quality IMO for what we would receive and ontop of that we'd be losing someone who is well liked in the dressing room. without arteta we did fine, no doubting that, but we were quite fortunate really to do so. we scraped many results playing poorly and we got lucky with villa imploding. when arteta plays we're a different side, one that plays better football and always gives the defence an out ball...he's the one player we can count on to keep a hold of the ball to mount a good attack from defence. if we're going to finish even near europe again this year he's key.

god this is different to the blue room! i wouldve been torn a new one! not used to constructive debate!

now back to it. we werent just lucky, we were capable and people who needed to step up stepped up (Baines, Pienaar, Cahill...). I agree completely that we are a better team with him, if he is in form. the beginning of last season he wasnt up to scratch and it took him a few weeks. once he is on form, he is formidable. but still replaceable. we signed him for what, 2.5 mill if i remember correctly? from a business point of view, to sell him for 10 times that is incredebly tempting, and there are people who are younger than him that would cost less. for 30 mill, for example, we could have Defour/Fernandes and Mouhinto, 2 quality players for 1.

i want to see him stay, i want to see him in form. we couldve kept up with Arsenal last year with his help, as many people have claimed. he can be that good. but there could be a life without him, and for the right price, we could even improve...

Im not going to argue with this BK stuff and a selling club. Personally i think its all nonsense and the man does everything he can for Everton.

If BK was going to sell him behind his back, which i doubt, Moyes wouldve resigned.

Unlike some rash individuals who's brain didn't kick into gear before posting, I never said Lescott was sold behind Moyes back. What was apparent though is discussions were taking place in some capacity, and ultimately Kenwright seemingly said to Moyes they have to sell to buy. Which again for the reasonably intelligent, is why I said we are following the trend of a selling club, as we had to sell before we could buy.

Anyway back to the topic, I hope Rodwell get's full protection from rogue agents and from the press nasty glare. The last thing we need is his head turned, hopefully Moyes will keep him improving, feet grounded and here for his career!

Unlike some rash individuals who's brain didn't kick into gear before posting, I never said Lescott was sold behind Moyes back. What was apparent though is discussions were taking place in some capacity, and ultimately Kenwright seemingly said to Moyes they have to sell to buy. Which again for the reasonably intelligent, is why I said we are following the trend of a selling club, as we had to sell before we could buy.

Anyway back to the topic, I hope Rodwell get's full protection from rogue agents and from the press nasty glare. The last thing we need is his head turned, hopefully Moyes will keep him improving, feet grounded and here for his career!

apologies, youve been misquoted there. but arent nearly all clubs selling clubs?

as for the topic, i agree with ya, and if anyone can help him improve whilst keeping his feet on the ground at the same time, its Moyes. I would love Rodwell to be the blue Gerrard. Im very excited to see him play with a fit (and in form) Arteta...

Most players in our team are replaceable, Arteta isn't.

Again, expecting backlash, but Arteta is replaceable.

I think the truth lies in the middle. Arteta is such an important player for us, our whole team seem more in control of the ball when he is playing. He literally won games on his own, personally I never want to see him leave. However two seasons ago, some of our 'knowledgeable' fans were giving him untold stick, not caring that he was carrying two different injuries at the same time, yet was still trying for us. That spirit is what I like about him most, even Mikel said he could have left but stayed because this is home now. Anyway we still can win games without him, with Pienaar picking up his mantle, so in essence he can be replaced. But I would like anyone to provide names that will cost around £15 million (say that's the most we'll get for him), that will dictate games and be as loyal to the club thus far as Arteta? I've tried myself and it isn't easy, just look at Banera.

Your assuming things again and pushing it as fact...... Moyes was obviously involved in these dicscussions and was out for the best he could get.....and he got a fantastic deal in the process.....

apologies, youve been misquoted there. but arent nearly all clubs selling clubs?

as for the topic, i agree with ya, and if anyone can help him improve whilst keeping his feet on the ground at the same time, its Moyes. I would love Rodwell to be the blue Gerrard. Im very excited to see him play with a fit (and in form) Arteta...

No need to apologise my friend, your comments are sound and welcome.

Your assuming things again and pushing it as fact...... Moyes was obviously involved in these dicscussions and was out for the best he could get.....and he got a fantastic deal in the process.....

Obviously Moyes was involved in those discussions, but unless Moyes is a fantastic thespian then I genuinely believe that Moyes didn't want to sell until it was made apparent there was no funds to strengthen. Then afterward it was all about getting the best deal, which we did no doubt.

Edited by StevO

I think the truth lies in the middle. Arteta is such an important player for us, our whole team seem more in control of the ball when he is playing. He literally won games on his own, personally I never want to see him leave. However two seasons ago, some of our 'knowledgeable' fans were giving him untold stick, not caring that he was carrying two different injuries at the same time, yet was still trying for us. That spirit is what I like about him most, even Mikel said he could have left but stayed because this is home now. Anyway we still can win games without him, with Pienaar picking up his mantle, so in essence he can be replaced. But I would like anyone to provide names that will cost around £15 million (say that's the most we'll get for him), that will dictate games and be as loyal to the club thus far as Arteta? I've tried myself and it isn't easy, just look at Banera.

ok, thats pretty much what i was going for. But if Lescott was worth 24Mill then we shouldnt be accepting less than 30+ as previously mentioned, and therefore a replacement would be easier to find. Finding someone who turns out to be as loyal and hard working is another question....

Moyes isnt daft and i think he was more than happy to sell Lescott for £24 million. He had and has been quoted many a time saying that they were interested in Bassong but at the time City were offering nowhere near as to what Moyes wanted for Lescott so Moyes was well aware that he would sell for the inflated price he did. Bottom line Moyes was playing the game and he did it very well in my opinion because the three players we got have really excited me. Moyes was never gonna let Lescott move quietly like Lescott himself said. But in my opinion he has bought Distyn who is on a par with Lescott which will allow Rodwell 2 to 3 years to develop his game until he can be put back into centre half if thats what Moyes is planning.

the way hes performing in the centre now, y the hell would you wanna then drop him into the central defence role. He will be a midfield dynamo once all his best qualities shine permantely. I personally cannot wait for him as a player to grow, and hopefully stay a blue aswell!

If the shots he unleashed against Sigma were in any way indicative of his ability to strike a ball, then I think it would be a huge waste to leave him in defense.

He has always been touted as a Centre Back but very rarely played the position, even for England he is in Midfield.

I very much doubt he will be moved back to defence otherwise he is missing out on a lot of experience as a CB.

of course not! merely saying Jack could be a strong defensive power (like Cars) or someone who picks the ball up deep drives it forward (Gerrard). I would be happy if he followed either path!

I'd reather he became Gerrard then Carsley. as Gerrard is a match winner an a game turner, specially if he gets in double figures each season.

I'd reather he became Gerrard then Carsley. as Gerrard is a match winner an a game turner, specially if he gets in double figures each season.

i know what you mean mate, but for me another Carsley is very much needed. He broke up so many attacks and was a huge help to the defence. But i think he will go the Gerrard route, cant see him being as 'firm' as Cars was! Plus, the way he can strike the ball, he could be a match winner...

Well done Kenwright for moving us to Finch Farm and creating a great youth system....am I allowed to give Kenwright praise or is this the Kenwright bashing thread in disguise? :lol::lol:

im not trying to bash BK, but didnt the club buy the farm about ten years ago? couldnt build on it for a long time due to the ground in that area?

i wont go into BKs training techniques for the youth team, and his fitness regimes are second to none!

Jack played very well again for England.

Edited by StevO

im not trying to bash BK, but didnt the club buy the farm about ten years ago? couldnt build on it for a long time due to the ground in that area?

i wont go into BKs training techniques for the youth team, and his fitness regimes are second to none!

Jack played very well again for England.

The land was acquired a long time ago but you still need to build on and get it right. Certainly something that has been realised under Kenwright - the 1st comment from any new signing usually involves Finch Farm.

With Stuart Pearce being such a fan of Rodwell and helping out on the full team, wonder how long it will be before Rodwell gets his full international debut?

The land was acquired a long time ago but you still need to build on and get it right. Certainly something that has been realised under Kenwright - the 1st comment from any new signing usually involves Finch Farm.

With Stuart Pearce being such a fan of Rodwell and helping out on the full team, wonder how long it will be before Rodwell gets his full international debut?

fair enough, see you point. I believe moyes had a lot of say on final designs too. Not happy kw sold the place though.

I dont think hes good enough for a full cap yet though.