IGNORED

Would You Be Happy

no not at all

reason being i dont think we have the money for that amount of player Johnson wud be like 90% of our budget and hes not worth it IMO

i would be happy with lescott, jerome / benni, then arca

id lpve nolan too, but unless we sell then its the same as Johnson too much of our budget, however if i wer to chose between the 2 id definately rather have nolan

I see that West brom are linked with Jerome. They want to do a straight swap for Komas. Can't see him wanting to go there as he wants to go tthe prem.

Need another defender even if we sign the guy from wolves.

AND NO DON:T KEEP WEIR

Benni Mc is the worst bit of business we could possibly do IMHO

and youve seen him how many times?

champions league winner .... and you want andy Johnson? scored a few goals 1 season most of which pens?

yeh thats logical am sure chelsea will be interested in AJ wait no because hes not a player with quality potential....

Craccer, you have mentioned about the penalties before, who gives a flying f*ck, Alan Shearer has built a career on pens. I don't care where the goals come from, as long as they come. That was our major downfall last season, no goals.

Let's get it sorted and fork out some decent money.

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22
Benni Mc is the worst bit of business we could possibly do IMHO

agreed he's a no mark player who would struggle over here,we have enough of that sort of player already

As for being happy i'll wait and see who actually comes in tbh

i'd be satisfied with those signings, would prefer not to keep Weir, but needs must.

having said that ....... we'lll probably get out bid by someone shite ....... and get none of them ........ or they'll go to Newcastle (de ja vu me thinks :P )

Craccer, you have mentioned about the penalties before, who gives a flying f*ck, Alan Shearer has built a career on pens. I don't care where the goals come from, as long as they come. That was our major downfall last season, no goals.

Let's get it sorted and fork out some decent money.

ATB

Mac

can u see us playing loads of thru balls and getting many pens from refs

i cant

and using shearer in the same sentence is a joke shearer scored a lot more than just pens he was quality a total different class to AJ could ever be

for me, we have to (or at least try bloody hard to) sign: -

Nugent - good young striker, and supposedly a toffee - makes sense

Lescott - quality young defender, could make as much impact as dawson did at spurs

Arca - as a left winger - otherwise it's Killa on his own fighting for that place as seen as VDM looks like he might be off if media rumours are true

We could sign all those for 10 mil probably, if we've anything left, then go after Johnson - but these 3 are my priorities!

Lescott - quality young defender, could make as much impact as dawson did at spurs

Arca - as a left winger - otherwise it's Killa on his own fighting for that place as seen as VDM looks like he might be off if media rumours are true

We could sign all those for 10 mil probably, if we've anything left, then go after Johnson - but these 3 are my priorities!

You think Nugent would lead the line and give us 20 next season alongside Beattie?

I have thought about joining in with this one with a bit more gusto, but I'm sorry I can't summon up the enthusiasm.

What I would like to see is not going to happen, but I can see us ending up with one or two obscure foreign players, a has-been journeyman utility player and a big money signing who will let us down for the first year of his Everton career.

I think Fozz being back is starting to rub off on me :D:D:D .

ATB

Mac

Spend £10million and then think about going for Johnson? Are you mad, it should be the other way around, go for Johnson first and then if we have money go for Nugent - Nugent would be a massive risk without having a quality striker brought in

have to agree with Fan 2007 on this one.

AJ OR SIMILAR (KEANE OR DAFOE) must be the first priority, we already have Anichebe, Vaughan, and now Scott Spencer, as up and coming strikers for the future.

We need an established 15 goals a season man to take some pressure off Beatie.

In the last two seasons only the relegated sides have scored less goals than us, that department MUST be the priority for next season.

Edited by toffeelicker

You think Nugent would lead the line and give us 20 next season alongside Beattie?

no - but then i'm a firm believer that what we lack is the confidence in our defence throughout the team - ok, so we need a striker to score 20/30 a season, but realistically beattie could do that up by himself if only he was supported by the midfield more often - but, as we saw last season they're often too keen to stay back and support our aged defence

we played best last year in my opinion when mcfadden was playing off beattie, and i stand by that being our best ploy next season - NOT getting someone like Johnson playing alongside Beatts.

I'm probably wrong though, and if we get AJ i'll be chuffed to bits.

but i can't help but feel it aint gonna happen, so we may as well spend a couple of mil on youthful talent like Nugent.....

Spend £10million and then think about going for Johnson? Are you mad, it should be the other way around, go for Johnson first and then if we have money go for Nugent - Nugent would be a massive risk without having a quality striker brought in

so you'd spend our whole budget on Johnson before getting someone in defensively?

now who's mad? :lol: