IGNORED

Dario Gradi Not Happy With Everton

Louis

"I'm delighted with what has happened with Chelsea," added Gradi. "I would hope all the big clubs are frightened to death. There is no excuse for breaking the rules.

"We lost a 12-year-old to Everton. He was our best 12-year-old. The lure is that the bigger clubs pay big expenses.

"This kid will be getting several hundred pounds a week in expenses. We pay expenses but nothing like that. It's more a case of giving out £20 if someone can pick a kid up en-route.

"At least Fifa have given the smaller clubs hope."

http://news.bbc.co.u...dra/8241607.stm

Does it matter? He's 12!

Blimey Louis, whats rattled your post?! I was just askin because it says whilst Gradi was in post and by my wreckening could be anytime before 3 years ago, which indicates to me than this kid maybe 15/16? you dont know, he may well be one of the kids playing for the under 15's etc whom looks very good indeed, and some guys on here watch. so i was just throwing the question out there?

Blimey Louis, whats rattled your post?! I was just askin because it says whilst Gradi was in post and by my wreckening could be anytime before 3 years ago, which indicates to me than this kid maybe 15/16? you dont know, he may well be one of the kids playing for the under 15's etc whom looks very good indeed, and some guys on here watch. so i was just throwing the question out there?

Nothing has rattle my post :) I think it could have been Tom McCready.. he was released this summer and ended up at Hibs up in Edinburgh

Tell me about it, the Echo are so up the RS arse it's unreal.

I stopped buying the rag years back, especially with double standard reporting not just with the teams, matches etc. but with the damnation of Everton fans everytime they did something wrong. I am not saying behaviour like that is right but they would lead you to believe that they are whiter than white and never report on their fans misdoings. Also what is the thing about our manager being reported as 'Moyes' but the Waiter is known as 'Rafa', double standards or what.

Edited by The Beard

Moyes chimes in with his own take on the recent youth transfer flap.

http://soccernet.esp...england&cc=5901

Everton manager David Moyes has called for an overhaul of the rules regarding the transfer of young players. The Toffees face Fulham in the Premier League with something of a new-look side with £22m of new signings available for selection. But it was another transfer, that of 16-year-old Luke Garbutt from Leeds, which caused controversy this week, with the League One club unhappy about the amount of compensation they were awarded by a tribunal.

While Everton acted entirely within the rules, Chelsea were banned from registering any new players for the next two transfer windows after FIFA found them guilty of inducing a French teenager to breach his contract with Lens two years ago.

That led to a slew of allegations against Premier League clubs regarding signings of young players. And Moyes believes the whole area needs new regulation.

He said: "Should clubs be able to take players away from their clubs at such a low age? It has to be looked into. There should be set prices for younger players. When I managed Preston I got annoyed when we lost players and just got a bit of compensation.

"Now I am at a big club, we go to clubs to try to sign their players, so I have a foot in both camps. But if we are going to have smaller clubs that prosper, we have to have rules that let them keep their players for longer.

"Clubs like Everton and Liverpool used to buy players from the likes of Burnley and Chester. But that does not happen so much now, and is that because the big clubs are signing the younger players earlier?

"Maybe we should do something about the money that goes out of the game to agents. We should legislate to not allow them to control a player until he is 18."

Moyes is concerned that any change should not leave players open to exploitation from third parties.

He said: "I think (Arsenal boss) Arsene Wenger is right when he says that if the rules over bringing in young players from abroad are changed, then kids will start being bought up by agents. And that would start to throw up all the problems over third-party ownership again. But there are loopholes that need to be shut, things have to be done correctly."

In other news, everyone else in football ignores what he says because it's actually a thoughtful, reasoned opinion!