• Jo
    • Tim Cahill
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Johnny Heitinga
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Ayegbeni Yakubu

pollresizear5.jpg

TCFulham.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Rodwell 62

Pienaar 44

Saha 30

Fellaini 12

Hibbert 10

Distin 8

Fellaini 7

Baines 6

Bilyaletdinov 3

Neville 2

Cahill 2

João Alves Jô 2

Osman 1

Howard 1

Gosling 1

Yobo 1

MOTM winners....

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

I went for Hibbert. Very consistant performance, strong at the back and got himself involved well with movements forwards.

A few players had good moments but few had consistant performances.

Rodwell was ok, but went missing, Pienaar was threatening but had no end product and Cahill had his moments but was too quiet over all.

So so disappointing AGAIN. On paper, yes I know it's only paper, BUT after Arsenal we had a decent chance to get some major points on the board but we are blowing it big time. To say Fulham where poor is an understatement, yet they ground out the three points or rather gifted three points. I can't believe we played 15 minutes or so without a striker on the pitch until we went a goal down, I just don't get that at all. For man of the match I gave it to Cahill beacuae of his endeavour and really there was nothing else to get excited about...............on a lighter note, I got home for last orders anyway. B)

same as i've said for a long time pienaar no end product cahill apart from his goals which are great he's not a quality player and rodwell is still learning

Are you on drugs? He sets up most of our goals and even if he doesnt play the final ball 90% of the time he is involved in the build up.

With Arteta out he is our only creative midfielder

So so disappointing AGAIN. On paper, yes I know it's only paper, BUT after Arsenal we had a decent chance to get some major points on the board but we are blowing it big time. To say Fulham where poor is an understatement, yet they ground out the three points or rather gifted three points. I can't believe we played 15 minutes or so without a striker on the pitch until we went a goal down, I just don't get that at all. For man of the match I gave it to Cahill beacuae of his endeavour and really there was nothing else to get excited about...............on a lighter note, I got home for last orders anyway. B)

Yeah I agree when the fixture list came out and I saw Fulham, Burnley and Wigan I was expecting to get at least 3 wins from our first 4 but by August I was expecting 4 defeats out of 4 so I suppose I should be happy!

A poor performance. We lacked any creativity at all and against teams like Fulham I think we should go to a 4-4-2 formation and be more positive.

I thought Yobo and Distin looked a vulnerable partnership and I can see us leaking goals against better teams. For MOM it would be between Pienaar and Rodwell for me. Pienaar because he worked tirelessly for the cause and Rodwell because he didn't give the ball away. But it's difficult to choose anyone on that performance.

Are you on drugs? He sets up most of our goals and even if he doesnt play the final ball 90% of the time he is involved in the build up.

With Arteta out he is our only creative midfielder

I'm with Milky. Dont get me wrong I think Pienaar is a good player but as Milky said, there generally is no end product.

I'm with Milky. Dont get me wrong I think Pienaar is a good player but as Milky said, there generally is no end product.

Thats right, because once he gives it to Cahill, Osman, Fellaini or Jo the move breaks down. How can you justify saying there is no end product when he has more assists than anybody in our side.

Thats right, because once he gives it to Cahill, Osman, Fellaini or Jo the move breaks down. How can you justify saying there is no end product when he has more assists than anybody in our side.

your right bill

im fed up of hearing, no end product from pienaar, do you watch or go the game? You wil see pienaar works his socks off to not only win possession back for the team but he also starts attacks aswell. He will take the ball and pass it on, the most effective pass is a simple one, around 8 players on the pitch for everton dont comprehend this fact. When pienaar recieves the ball 3/4s up the field, when hes not having to covers baines arse, he will get to the line and put a ball in, failing that he'll hold posession and bring other players in.

your right bill

im fed up of hearing, no end product from pienaar, do you watch or go the game? You wil see pienaar works his socks off to not only win possession back for the team but he also starts attacks aswell. He will take the ball and pass it on, the most effective pass is a simple one, around 8 players on the pitch for everton dont comprehend this fact. When pienaar recieves the ball 3/4s up the field, when hes not having to covers baines arse, he will get to the line and put a ball in, failing that he'll hold posession and bring other players in.

I fully agree, he will get a few vital goals this season and he is always providing assists. always remember he wil drop back a little too, let baines run down the wing. im just not too sure about switching him to the right if billy plays. i think baines and pienaar work very well together

be that as it may, he was no where to be seen yesterday.

I'm giving it to cahill.

Sorry I cant see your point.

I wasnt saying he was our man of the match yesterday(although I do think he was one of our better players in the first half) I was saying he is our most productive player when it comes to assists and so it is therefore totally ridiculous to say that there is no end product from him

Sorry I cant see your point.

I wasnt saying he was our man of the match yesterday(although I do think he was one of our better players in the first half) I was saying he is our most productive player when it comes to assists and so it is therefore totally ridiculous to say that there is no end product from him

yes, and I agree with you, just wanted to say he wasn't playing good yesterday.

I'll try to be more clear in the future