IGNORED

Baxter

flaminfox

For a 17 year old, his goal record is similar to Owen I believe at that age. Very good prospect, let's see how Moyes develops him.

His goal scoring record may be similar but I don't think we'll see Jose scoring against Argentina in the latter stages of the World Cup next year!

He's a prospect, but the club has loads of them and then releases them without giving them a game.

He's a prospect, but the club has loads of them and then releases them without giving them a game.

As do all clubs. Don't know how many exactly but maybe fifty/sixty "prospects" at any one time across the age ranges (probably a lot more). They get chances to prove themselves at every level presumably and ultimately the management team decide who stays and who goes. All of them are far better players than any of us can ever dream of being (unless anyone knows better :P ) but very few, at any club, make it through to the first team. I think with Rodwell, Gosling, Ossie, Vaughan, Vic, Hibbert and the dearly departed Rooney coming through we probably have a better track record than most at giving them a chance :) .

Think if Baxter is good enough he'll get a chance to prove it.