IGNORED

Distin

jofanon

sarcasm there mate? :lol:

i had no problem with the fee 5m for a proven versatile defender that we will get 2/3 years easy out of isnt bad business at all i dont think! also the effect of having someone like that around for the kids too! experience is priceless to them!

I agree especially seeing as though it was so late in the window and there were quite a few teams on the lookout for CBs

Never could understand why some people were so against him

My granny could do a job playing alongside Jags...and she's been dead for twenty years!

Thinks.....wonder if Hughes might put a bid in :mellow: .

He will probably try, but i think Jagielka has much more sense than that. A friend of mine is best mates with Phils brother and he used to go round all the time, he thinks Phil's a wicked person and he said (when he was at Sheff) that he is loyalist to the game, and wud only play for a club if a)it felt right and b ) he got to play. Nath (my mate) said Phil told him once, that being told by Everton he wasnt going to stay on (in the academy) was the worst feeling in the world and tried to avoid telling his old man for weeks. I dont think Jagielka is the type of person to jump for money tbh, and Nath seems pretty assured.

Edited by tenaciousj

just a few comments:

1. Lescott is a good footballer. He is not a great footballer and never was, the papers blew it out of proportion. He will not suceed without someone to bail him out (i.e, Jags). The board and DM did some amazing business to get that much for him, he is probably worth half that at most (which City will soon realise).

2. Distin's age, is it really that big a deal? He is only 2 years old than a certain David Weir was when he joined us, and look at the impact there! Distins experience with the younger, quicker and experience with Baines, Jags, Johnny and Neill is perfect combination. I can see Distin here until he retires, becoming a reliabe sub later on (when he hits 34-35).

3. Distins fee; for what he offers, is an absolute bargin. There can be no arguing there. Evidence speaks for itself...

Remember how good Richard Gough was for us, and he was virtually a pensioner when he signed.

There were calls from some fans to try and persuade him to play on at the end of his career.

So I have no problems at all with Distin's age. After all a good central defender can last a lot longer than most other positions.

Posted Today, 12:14 PM 

just a few comments:

1. Lescott is a good footballer. He is not a great footballer and never was, the papers blew it out of proportion. He will not suceed without someone to bail him out (i.e, Jags). The board and DM did some amazing business to get that much for him, he is probably worth half that at most (which City will soon realise). 

2. Distin's age, is it really that big a deal? He is only 2 years old than a certain David Weir was when he joined us, and look at the impact there! Distins experience with the younger, quicker and experience with Baines, Jags, Johnny and Neill is perfect combination. I can see Distin here until he retires, becoming a reliabe sub later on (when he hits 34-35).

3. Distins fee; for what he offers, is an absolute bargin. There can be no arguing there. Evidence speaks for itself... 

^^^^ I'll go along with that Spidey....

Edited by iggy

hes been great i think hes more of a leader at the back than lescott is and thats always useful to have...the only thing lescott has is he is a bit quicker and his age but i really think there isnt much else

although lescott is a good few yrs younger than distin i think distin is as fast if not quicker than lescott. Summed it up for me the other night when i seen them play at hull, there was a ball that hulls striker was odds on to get, distin come out of knowhere and i remember saying to a mate i went with, did you see how quick distin got to the ball, and he agreed, he has quick speed, which he can utilise straight away, not one of these players that has to build a momentum up to get in a stride, its as though he can hit top speed as soon as he runs, i like that in a defender, he can snuff danger out asap then

Edited by craigb