IGNORED

Tim Howard

evertonusa

Totally forgot about Myhre, didn't think he was all that good but his hands were massive! I don't rate Howard that much either, Martyn was far more commanding and convincing a keeper. But he is the best we got, so gotta roll with the punches and get on with it. Though I would love to see Moyes buy a keeper of better quality, so both can push each other, but question is who?

southall

martyn

howard/gerrard/myre

wright

simonson

thats jus from the keepers ive seen at the club, imo he's a good solid keeper jus under the bracket of world class. in the prem theres only shay given who's unarguably better.

Myre & Gerrard as good as Howard are you having a laugh?

I cant understand why people dont rate him, I think he is one of the best keepers in the Prem

As far as Everton keepers go I can only think of Big Nev and Martyn that were better

I don't rate Howard highly but to put him on the same level as Mhyre and Gerrard is criminal.

Spot on! He is miles better than either of them...

Totally forgot about Myhre, didn't think he was all that good but his hands were massive! I don't rate Howard that much either, Martyn was far more commanding and convincing a keeper. But he is the best we got, so gotta roll with the punches and get on with it. Though I would love to see Moyes buy a keeper of better quality, so both can push each other, but question is who?

Martyn was a better keeper, no doubt, but he was also 35(ish) when he joined. Tim is only 30, and most keepers are usually best when theyre pushing mid 30's. Considering the skills he has already and that he is only going to improve, he could rival Big Nev and Nige in time!

Not sure about that one.

Over 400 appearances for Everton with 2 league titles and an FA cup winners medal to his name. Only 3 caps for England (And a certain Mr Banks was around at the time) and selected for the world cup squad in '70 but declined his place for family reasons.

It may be my age clouding the memory but I thought he was brilliant at the time, he was the first Everton keeper I ever saw and nobody came close before big Nevs arrival, works for me mate.

Over 400 appearances for Everton with 2 league titles and an FA cup winners medal to his name. Only 3 caps for England (And a certain Mr Banks was around at the time) and selected for the world cup squad in '70 but declined his place for family reasons.

It may be my age clouding the memory but I thought he was brilliant at the time, he was the first Everton keeper I ever saw and nobody came close before big Nevs arrival, works for me mate.

And there was me thinking you were a Dai Davis fan iggy. :lol:

howard is way better than myhre and gerrard!

I think howard is a really good keeper, one of the better keepers we have had in recent times..

My only concern, well i have 2,

first one being as someone noted earlier, he doesnt like to come for the ball when its hanging around the box, he assumes the defender will clear it, and then this causes confusion, it has done loads of times.

Secondly i dont think his positional sense from shots 25 yards plus is that good, he needs to work on that.

I do hold him in high regards though, plus he loves playing for everton, another player i respect fully.

:D

big nev will always be the man, martyn has been the best since. we must remember though, martyn had at least five years more experience in the prem when he signed than howard did. he can still grow with experience.

westy is a legend, and a great fella too. very very entertaining guy.

Enough of in-club comparisons now. Where do you guys think Howard ranks compared to other Premier League keepers?

Without any bias I reckon probably top 5 minimum. Cech and Reina are still fighting it out for no1 in my mind.

I would honestly say he is in the top 3 with Given and Reina ahead of him. Petr Cech is past it now he is to prone to daft mistakes these days

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

ok i know he plays for pool and i may be seein it through blue glasses here but is reina really that good? he makes a lot of errors i think too many to be considered the best and has a crackin defence in front of him which is the reason he kept so many clean sheets i mean he is good dont get me wrong but nowhere near as good as cech...the likes of given and jaaskeleinen for me who played in poor teams but are fantastic still are better than him and howard i put tim at number 4

1. Cech

2. Given

3. Jaaskaleinen

4. Howard

5. Van Der Sar

6. Reina