IGNORED

Jags Robbed At Knife Point!

efc-murph

sorry lads i didnt know where to put this ...

Everton defender Phil Jagielka is the latest footballer to be the victim of violent crime. Cheshire Police have confirmed that three knife-wielding criminals broke into his home and robbed him on Thursday night.

The England international, currently sidelined with a serious injury, was forced to hand over valuables including Rolex watches and the keys to his Range Rover, which was later found abandoned nearby.

Police suspect that the offenders might have believed the player to be away with the Everton squad at Hull City for the League Cup third-round tie, which was won 4-0 by the Toffees.

The incident is the latest in a string of attacks on footballers' properties, with criminals targeting players whose sides are either playing away or are on international duty, mainly in Cheshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester.

It is not known whether the player's wife and two children were present at the time of the attack, according to The Times.

A Cheshire Police statement reads:

"Shortly after 8pm on Wednesday, September 23, three men gained entry to a house in Knutsford. The homeowner was threatened with a knife and forced to hand over jewellery and the keys to his Range Rover. Fortunately nobody was hurt during the incident and the car was found abandoned a short distance away.

"A police investigation into this incident is under way and detectives are appealing to anyone who may have any information that may assist in this investigation to contact police."

Just a shame Duncan Ferguson wasn't round Jags house for a cup of tea when the scum came calling!

Remember when they went round Dunc's house......creeping around in the dark, then coming face to face with the big man...... :ph34r:

Well seeing as though Dunc and Tommy Gravesen have both now retired, I think Everton FC should look at employing them as security for the players' homes.

If I were a crook I certainly would not want to come across these two...

55887747.jpg

Duncan-Ferguson-celeb-v-Liverpool-2001_1229091.jpg

I could have posted the cliche strangling pic, but I reckon Ferguson looks like a right old nutjob in this one!

Well seeing as though Dunc and Tommy Gravesen have both now retired, I think Everton FC should look at employing them as security for the players' homes.

If I were a crook I certainly would not want to come across these two...

55887747.jpg

Duncan-Ferguson-celeb-v-Liverpool-2001_1229091.jpg

I could have posted the cliche strangling pic, but I reckon Ferguson looks like a right old nutjob in this one!

Haha (that's uncomfortable fear laughter), they both look like a new type of serious. That'll do as far as security goes.

Front page of the daily mirror says 'england ace in knife raid terror'. Which generally irritates me. Jags as great as he is a player, isn't an england regular yet. The fact is that the editor does not deem everton as worthy of a front page association with a player. If it was torres would they have said spanish ace? No probably not. Mostly you will get them mentioning spurs, man u, liverpool. Etc. It's a petty rant considering what jags has been through, but it has got my back up none the less.

Sgt Pepper, on 24 Sep 2009 - 22:01, said:

What happened to Davenport was really sad.

I havent heard what happened in the end. Was he (and his mother i think too) ok?

Last thing I remember reading was that he was out of hospital and on the mend but doctors still couldn't say if he would ever be able to play again.

Edited by iggy

• 1 month later...

Horrible thing to happen. Feel sorry for him, his wife and his kids. thank god nothing worse happened. I love Jags and would hate anything to happen to him.

Sick world when things like this continuanly happen. The sooner this gang that is targetting the players of both the clubs in Liverpool are caught the better.

Bad couple of months especially when his house was also robbed the other month!

Some trespasses on Davenports Mum's property stabs him in the legs and he get's done for assault?

But it was a man who stabbed him and a woman that he's charged with assaulting. So (at a guess) Davenport's had a problem with a woman and the guy (father/brother maybe) has come after him. Total conjecture on my part but something along those lines would explain it.

The woman is his sister?

Row over sister's boyfriend, Davenport pushes/smacks his sister in front of the man, man whips out the knife, stabs him and speeds away. Calum and his sister agree to not give away the boyfriend but later have a fight which leads her to report him for assault?

That's my guess, or have I watched waaaaaay too much The Bill growing up? :P