• Steven Pienaar
    • Louis Saha
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Tony Hibbert

pollresizear5.jpg

sahaportsmouth.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Rodwell 84

Pienaar 70

Saha 54

Bilyaletdinov 36

Fellaini 24

Distin 21

Hibbert 16

Osman 14

Yobo 9

Baines 8

Cahill 6

João Alves Jô 4

Neville 2

Howard 2

Gosling 2

Yakubu 1

MOTM winners....

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Didn't see enough really, missed all the first half.What I did like was Saha really getting stuck in, didn't seem to afraid of injury!Looking forward to his aparent moment of skill tonight.

Mom ? has to be between him and Howard!Errmm........................Goals win games but so do clean sheets, Errmm................... :blink: Saha!, sorry Tim :(

Saha for me, looking to be our most valuable player at the moment. Plus, he won me a £20 bet I had with my dad that he would get the first goal. :D

Heitinga looked...well...Hibbert looked much better suited at right back.

Rodwell was surprisingly bad today but went about his business well when not missing passes.

Hope everyone is sat down, Fellaini was OK and put in some effort first half :o Just went missing second half.

Yobo is relishing his new found form, solid performance today.

Saha for me, looking to be our most valuable player at the moment. Plus, he won me a £20 bet I had with my dad that he would get the first goal. :D

Heitinga looked...well...Hibbert looked much better suited at right back.

Rodwell was surprisingly bad today but went about his business well when not missing passes.

Hope everyone is sat down, Fellaini was OK and put in some effort first half :o Just went missing second half.

Yobo is relishing his new found form, solid performance today.

kin hell mate calm down :lol:

I went for Howard but I thought the game was awful.

"Heitinga looked...well...Hibbert looked much better suited at right back.

Rodwell was surprisingly bad today but went about his business well when not missing passes."

EW, agree with you, I thought Heitinga looked quite poor today, maybe he was right when he said he wasn't a right back??? I actually think that in games like that away from home Hibbert may well be more suited to the game... hopefully Heitinga will improve (dramatically) as from what I've seen I'm not sure what all the hysteria was for when we signed him (cue abuse from other members! :lol: )

Rodwell didn't do a great deal today but that will happen with him in some games. I didn't think he was bad, more anonymous from time to time. I suppose when you look how he ran the Blackburn game that display was immense whereas yesterday everyone was a lot worse.

Still, three points and to play that bad I'll take it. It's 3 points more than we took off Pompey last season

Howard without a shadow of a doubt, I really couldn't award it to anyone else.

Howard: 9/10 - awesome reaction saves, saved us from being punished in the way our perfromance deserved.

Baines: 7/10 - not bad, looked to get forward, needs to improve on his set pieces, nearpost again, lessons from Billy

Distin: 6/10 - looked a bit off it, didn't get clsoe enough to his man to mark and allwoed one to turn a shoot a couple of times

Yobo: 7/10 - defensively our best player

Heitinga: 5/10 - don't really want to criticise new player but looks very slow and has a bit of a sunday league mentality, good ball for saha's gola, that's it.

Osman: 5/10 - only memorable thing was a cross for fellaini, really does need to get involved for a full 90 mins, wants to look at Pienaar for an example.

Rodwell: 6/10 - can do better, still looked for ball and never went missing

Fellaini: 6/10 - lack of mobility is a major concern, allows players past far to easily. Great in the air, could do with Darren Campbell working on him.

Pienaar: 7/10 - works for the team , had little support

Cahill: 6/10 - seems to play best whenb arteta is fit, seems to miss him

Saha: 8/10 - class act, silkiest centre forward I have seen in a blue shirt.

Saha for me. Really pleased with his shift and took his goal very well.

Heitinga was disapointing but it is going to be hard for him to cemenent a place when he is moved around all the time. He has yet to play a full 90 at Right back. He's being rotated in three diferent positions at the moment so it will take awhile for him to settle, it was a disapointing performance but i'm not too concerened. He's new, everyone takes time to bed in.... apart from Distin who's taken to Everton like a duck to water! I do feel that with Pienaar in front of him Heit will be much better at right back, he needs the cover that Osman does not offer to him.

One other note, I was pleased with baines' defensive play yesterday. He's been culpable for a couple of goals this season and has been looking suspect but he looked stronger at the back yesterday which was reassuring.