IGNORED

Everton V Stoke City .. Opposition View

Delilahs

Evening all, Stoke City fan here who would like you to answer a few questions ahead of our game on Sunday

The Manchester United fans were none too happy last weeek when they realised that their answers, compared to those we received on RAWK were second rate at best.

If you could answer the few questions below it would be appreciated, the best five (if we get that many) would then appear on Delilahs official blog with an active link back to this forum.

What are your expectations for the season?

Who are your most famous fans?

Any places you reccomend for our travelling support to have a few drinks/ anywhere that should be avoided?

What team are you likely to put out against us?

As a home fan, who would you say is your most dangerous player, that the opposition should look out for?

Any guesses on what you think the score will be?

Thanks in advance

Wily Boos Knees, Delilahs forum

Evening all, Stoke City fan here who would like you to answer a few questions ahead of our game on Sunday

In previous seasons we have been in a position to expect a top 6 every season, but this season might turn out to be a bit harder for us, Man City, Spurs, Aston Villa and even Sunderland could now come into the equation, would now be happy to finish in top eight.

Well theres me ;) and 40.000 others but probably Sylvester Stallone, Paul mcCartney, and those in the Gwladys street end.

Any places you reccomend for our travelling support to have a few drinks/ anywhere that should be avoided?

There are pubs on every corner in the City about 20 mins from the ground also lots of pubs in County road, 5 mins from the ground. Stoke have never had any history of hooliganism towards us, i'm sure whichever pub you go in you will be made welcome.

The strongest available, because you are nobodys pushovers. Keep in Mind that Arteta and Neville are still Long term injuries, and Yakubu is not yet 100%.

Howard- Hibbert- Yobo- Distin- Baines- Osman- Rodwell- Cahill- Fellaini Pienaar/Bilyaletdinov- Saha. 4-5-1.

As a home fan, who would you say is your most dangerous player, that the opposition should look out for?

We have several who can change a game in a flash, Cahill always dangerous from set pieces, Pienaar driving them forward and goal machine Louis Saha 7 games 7 goals.

I would be hoping for a clean sheet from our defence and maybe pinch a goal in each Half. 2-0 to us, but i know it wont be easy.

Thanks in advance

Cheers mate, and welcome to the TT Forum, whatever the result is, come back after the game and discuss it.

Top 8 finish, would have expected better but stiff competition from the likes of Spurs City and Sunderland has lowered expectations

Probably Rocky

Sorry don't live in Liverpool.

Strongest possible

Howard

Heitenga Yobo Distan Baines

Osman(Piennar) Rodwell Fellani Bilyadentitov

Cahill

Saha

Saha definitely, he's on top form 7 in 7

2-1 to us, tough scrappy game

The emergence of City, Spurs finally living up to the hype (so far at least), along with our traditional slow start looks like making top six tough. Wouldn't want any worse than seventh though, I don't think Villa will perform so well this year. A cup would do me, first winners of the Europa League sounds good.

I'm stuck between Amanda Holden and Liz McClarnon...or was that a dream?

Actually the most famous in my eyes will always be Ed "Stewpot" Stewart.

500 mile round trip when I go to Goodison so I could recommend a pub but it'd be in Devon so probably not overly useful.

Howard, Heitinga, Yobo, Distin, Baines, Rodwell, Fellaini, Osman, Cahill, Bilyaletdinov, Saha (assuming Pienaar is unfit).

Saha's on fire, Fellaini's due a goal, Bily's dead ball delivery is looking lethal but the man of the season so far is Rodwell. If he's on form he can run the game.

3-1. Two from King Louis and a Baines penalty. Beattie can get a late consolation for you though....sure he'll get a positive reception.

Top 8 and a decent run in Europa League

Paul Mcartney Amanda Holden

Any of the pubs around the ground would make you welcome I wouldnt worry about anywhere to be avoided

Hopefully a winning one!

Saha is bang in form and Stevie Piennar is the man who makes us tick although it looks like he will be out injured

If Pennar makes a surpise appearance 3-0 to us if not can see us scraping in 1-0

Thanks in advance

7th, good run in Europe. That's it.

Haven't got a clue, maybe myself lol.

No as I don't drink any more.

A strong physical side to counter-act the long balls/throws, with two strikers to stretch your slow defense.

Saha at the moment, he is on fire.

We are confident so a hard fought 2 - 0 win to the toffees. Hope Beattie get's a good reception on his return.

I expect us to finish 7th unfortunately, i would love us to move a little bit closer to the top four, but unfortunately Spurs and Man City are looking very strong

Amanda Holden, Matt Dawson, Jennifer Ellison, Liz McClaren, Damon Minchella, Paul McCartney............The list goes on

Jack Frost, The Pacific are always friendly places for away fans

Our strongest possible team, we may be starting to turn the corner but we haven't fully yet

At the moment it is deffinitely Louis Saha. 7 goals in 7 games, although if Pienaar plays, he has been our most consistent player.

Unfortunately for you guys, i see us scoring a bag full. 4-0 to us, saha to continue his goal scoring spree

I would hope our team has enough quality to push for a top 6 finish, i would like to see us back in europe as ive grown to enjoy are time in this competition. A decent cup run in whatever cup is a priority to me also. The way the likes of city, aston villa, spurs have improved for this season, makes it even harder for us to maintain our top 5 finishes of seasons past. So fingers crossed are lads dig in deep once again and we get our rewards!

Sylvester Stallone, Sir Paul McCartney, Matt dawson, Amanda Holden, John Parrott and many more!

Theres a few pubs you could go too before the game, i wouldnt necassarily avoid any of them either, were mostly friendly down here apart from the odd few. I couldnt say from an away fans perspective where to go, as i drink in most of the pubs around goodison and county road, so i would just say, if you like the look of a particular pub try your hand and go in :)

I think we have just started to find a team we could field in most games now. This though has taken a blow with the injury of Steven Pienaar, which you guys will be happy to know, as he has been on top form the last few weeks.

The most probable team would be,

Tim Howard

Heitina - Yobo - Distin - Baines

Osman - Rodwell - Cahill - Fellaini - Bilyletidnov

Saha

Unless Moyes feels the Yak is ready for a start, other than that, i would think this would be the setout of the team this sunday.

At the moment its got to be Louis Saha, he is on fire! 7 goals in 7 games speaks for itself, and im unsure this season who has actually bettererd that apart from a certain spaniard across stanley park! A lot of opposition fans in the past normally mark, Cahill, as our most dangerous threat, however, if i was stoke on sunday, i would defintely watch every movement saha makes, because as mentioned, give him a sniff of goal and he will make your team pay!

I don't want to sound overly confident, but i still think without pienaar our team will still have enough creative threat to win this match, therefore i will say 2-0 (Saha - Osman)

Good luck for the match anyhow, and i hope you pack your away end as i love goodison when we have full away support!

There are loads (Allegedly) but springing to mind are Austen Healy, Amanda Holden, John Parrot, Jenifer Ellison.

Not quite as high as last year, mainly due to Man Shitty trying to buy the title and Spurs looking a lot better than in previous years, still have hopes of a cup of any sort though.

Should be okay in most pubs in the vicinity of the ground

Depending on the injury situation..... Howard, Heitinga, Yobo, Distin, Baines, Osman, Rodwell Fellaini, Bilyaletdinov, Cahill, Saha

Saha is on fire at the moment and Cahill is always a threat, depends on the day of course but if we can play anything like the way we have in the 3 games prior to the trip to Pompey then goals could come from anywhere!

12 in our last 4 games (none against) but with 9 (Off the top of my head) different goalscorers.

2-0 but a hard fought game.

A good top 6/7 finish hopefully. It's almost impossible to compete with City over a season now, on our day we've got a good chance of beating them, but when it comes down to it they will finish ahead of us. Spurs and Villa are more attainable targets, for the past 3/4 years they've been masters in self-sabotage and I'd still fancy us to finish ahead of one or both of them.

Sir Paul McCartney, well known for his popular rewrite of a John Lennon song; "Give Fellaini a chance"

I'm Irish sorry, no experience there.

More than likely:

-------------------------- Howard -------------------------------

Heitinga ----------- Yobo ------ Distin ------------------ Baines

Osman ------------- Fellaini -- Rodwell ------------- Bilyaletdinov

---------------- Cahill ------------------------------------------

------------------------------- Saha -----------------------------

Possible switch would be Hibbert for Rodwell with Hibbo and Heitinga trading positions.

Saha by a mile. He's a world class player and he's got 7 goals in 7 games so far. Cahill is always a threat, he's sheer class in the air especially on the end of Bilyaletdinov's deliveries. Well to be fair, I'd be a threat off of a Bilya delivery, talk about perfection.

Can't see past us winning, I'd say 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 us. It'll be tight, no question.

before the start of the season i was hoping for a top 5/6 finish now i think we may finish 6th or 7th. with spurs, man city, aston villa and sunderland spending big i think that will be a reasonable finish to the season.

Sir Paul McCartney and ROCKY!!

as most of the replies above, anywhere around the ground will welcome you!

Howard

Heitinga-Yobo-Distin-Baines

Osman-Felli-Rodwell-Bily

Cahill-Saha

King Louis! 7 in 7 and he is in top form atm also the left flank work with Bily and Baines might be dangerous.

im hoping for a big win for the lads and a clean sheet but i think it will be a scrappy game. maybe 1-0 to us or 2-1.

Forgot to say good luck for the rest of the season mate. I'm old enough to remember our matches back when you had the unmatchable Gordon Banks in goal (and of course Mike Bernard who I liked a lot as a lad); good to see you had a successful first season back in the top flight and hope you stick around :) .

I don't wish to put a dampener on your impending visit to Goodison, however, there are a couple of pubs to avoid, especially if you annoy the locals. They will tolerate fans who wish to have a quiet drink and enjoy conversation but if there are lively, intolerable within your group then it can turn quiet easily 9this seems to annoy some folk), The Red Brick and the Oak but the rest are fine and there are plenty within 5-10 mins walk of the ground, cheers.