IGNORED

Baines Vs Neill?

Baines was quality last season. But he seems to have dropped off a lot this season. Defensively obviously Neill is a lot better. Baines best attacking attributes which are supporting runs and crosses which were fantastic last year have gone bad. And most of his crosses are terrible now.

So Baines vs Neill. Is it time to play Neill yet?

Or maybe for Heitinga?

Baines will stay where he is, unless he turns to absolute garbage which is unlikely. I don't particularly want to see Neill or Heitinga at LB because as Mark pointed out neither of them play there naturally. If Baines were to get injured we would move Distin to LB and play probably Heitinga in the centre with Neill or Hibbert at RB.

Edited by TC.

Baines will stay where he is, unless he turns to absolute garbage which is unlikely. I don't particularly want to see Neill or Heitinga at LB because as Mark pointed out neither of them play there naturally. If Baines were to get injured we would move Distin to LB and play probably Heitinga in the centre with Neill or Hibbert at RB.

have to agree neill isn't a left back so should never play there i feel he will cover cb more than rb as well but in all honesty with jags back in light training did we realyy need him on 40k a week

have to agree neill isn't a left back so should never play there i feel he will cover cb more than rb as well but in all honesty with jags back in light training did we realyy need him on 40k a week

we had to play hibbert at centre back and granted he did a good job but in the league now we have yobo and jags injured for this weekend which means we got baines-distin-heitinga-hibbert...and neill is the only cover now especially with neville out for a couple months and the fact heitinga will probably play in midfield at some point so yeah i think we do need him.

I think your right there Marco. Distin has been poor aswell. Good thing is we are not playing half as good as we can. So when we pick things up, were going to rally for top 5 again. :D

Distin has been poor? :o

What are you talking about? He's had 2 average games against average opposition and now he's apparently poor?

Neill is not a left back, and he will never be as good as Baines there. Baines is bloody terrific. Not on his best form but nobody is. Many will tell you he's our best crosser besides Billy, not to mention he can actually dribble and overlap because he has pace.

I think your right there Marco. Distin has been poor aswell. Good thing is we are not playing half as good as we can. So when we pick things up, were going to rally for top 5 again. :D

distins been great...my comment was in response to we have no cover at left back its like distin doesnt exist when we mention the left back spot

As already mentioned Neill is not a LB that is why Moyes bought Distin as a like for like replacement for Lescott, They are two totally different type's of players but if you have to compare the two Baines is far better in my opinion to be honest i dont even think its debatable :blink:

All the lads have had a poor start and i wouldn't say Baines was one of the poorer players and Distin has shown that he is a very solid player.

that makes me wonder, do you follow football at all? First off you try to say who should play LB when Baines is the only first choice LB we have, all be it Distan can play there but Baines is the only one. Niell is a RB/CB. And Distan poor? He has been playing fairly well imo and im sure many people will feel the same.

Baines was quality last season. But he seems to have dropped off a lot this season. Defensively obviously Neill is a lot better. Baines best attacking attributes which are supporting runs and crosses which were fantastic last year have gone bad. And most of his crosses are terrible now.

So Baines vs Neill. Is it time to play Neill yet?

Or maybe for Heitinga?

Clearly you have never played football to any kind of standard, if at all, otherwise you would not come out with such drivel!

When Discussing Neill vs Baines, Neill is much better defensively. But lacks that attackive instinct Baines had that was so good towards the end of last year for us. Yes they don't play the same positions so i admit the thread may be a little pointless. But we can compare them none the less.

would I swap a very decent left back and even better attacking wing back for one of our two new players to play them out of position?

Obviously not!

Primarily neither are left footed, I don't know how good eithers left foot is but I'd hazard a guess at not as good as Baines.

Baines has a great understanding with Piennar and if Piennar is back next week then he will be back attacking with him.

Defeinsively he makes his mistakes but he's not a bad player at all.

I don't know how you can knock Distin, he's look rock solid in the games I've seen and that's having come straight into the side and having not had the same defeinsive partner all the time. He's tight defensively, can play the ball around a bit and is as quick as most of the opposition attack.

Actually i have. A lot of you guys fail to understand the fundamentals it seems.

Lol well if you understand football I can only presume that you have not watched Everton this season because Distin has been superb for us since he joined, I would even go as far as to say he has been an improvement on Lescott defensively

Also apart from a couple of dodgy performances early on Baines is now getting back to his best both defensively and attacking( Saha & Felli have both scored from Baines crosses in recent weeks

So that can only mean you are either clueless about football or you havent actually seen Everton play this season to want to play other players out of position ahead of Baines likewise your critisism of Distin

Lol well if you understand football I can only presume that you have not watched Everton this season because Distin has been superb for us since he joined, I would even go as far as to say he has been an improvement on Lescott defensively

Also apart from a couple of dodgy performances early on Baines is now getting back to his best both defensively and attacking( Saha & Felli have both scored from Baines crosses in recent weeks

So that can only mean you are either clueless about football or you havent actually seen Everton play this season to want to play other players out of position ahead of Baines likewise your critisism of Distin

I have seen every one of our games this season. And i have played a lot of football. Baines is wasting these corners and set pieces. 2 good balls out of 10 isn't up to premiership level.

I know these guys are English and all. But we have to look outside the box. When Nuno was here he didn't get any time at all when recovered from injuries. And Neill is a lot higher quality than Baines. We need him on the park. Can't wait to see it.

I have seen every one of our games this season. And i have played a lot of football. Baines is wasting these corners and set pieces. 2 good balls out of 10 isn't up to premiership level.

I know these guys are English and all. But we have to look outside the box. When Nuno was here he didn't get any time at all when recovered from injuries. And Neill is a lot higher quality than Baines. We need him on the park. Can't wait to see it.

arteta is better than baines to, maybe we should chuck him into LB <_<

How is playing Neil going to improve our set pieces, he hasn't taken any attacking free kick in his life??