IGNORED

Captain?

With Neville being out and maybe not first choice we need to sort out another option as Captain and Vice Captain as Yobo and certainly not Osman should be considered. A Captain should inspire, like Neville does to a certain extent and should be the player that starts the ball rolling with a challenge or an ability to change the game. Once Mickey is back that would be a good option or for me it would be Timmy Cahill. Although he is not a link up man or a general i think it would give him an extra 10% to his game and he is a player that others respect. I don't think it should be a accolade given to the longest serving player either. Jags maybe...............?

yobo has stepped up since becoming the captain and we are unbeaten since...also with osman as captain a few games only granted but them two have stepped upto the mark so its a bit harsh to say they shouldnt be considered. neville for me and i have no issue with yobo as captain and from the rest to choose that we had available id have chose osman too...jags though as the vice-captain with neville as the club captain when everybody is fit. i think the club captain does more than on the pitch and nobody presents themselves better than neville imo

YOBO!......It's brought an edge back to his game.Cahill doesn't need an edge, make him any more pumped up and add the pressure of the arm band and I don't think it would work for him.Sure he might like it, and he may even be good at it, but for the team as a whole Yobo's worth sticking with at the moment.

Nah Cahill can't pass, win the ball, head the ball, run fast. In fact he can't do anything. So why should we give the captaincy to him? Especially when everyone is talking about benching him?

Ha ha you must be saying these things just to try and get a reaction because surely you cant actually beleive this nonsense.

My Order of Captaincy (When all fit)

1. Jags - Stand-out candidate, has everything.

2. Heitinga - Controversial but after seeing what he was capable of yday from the back, a foreign Jags if you like, has spirit hunger and was shouting all game, i like the look of him! At Ajax, when captain he was a machine.

3. Neville - Great ambassador to the club, likeable and gritty, love him.

4. Yobo - Gives an extra 25% when captain and seems to lose his 'proness' to errors

5. Arteta - Really steps up when he has the 'band'

6. Cahill - Opitimises the club as a player

7. Howard - I dont mind GK's at captains as long as they've got lungs lol

8. Anyone else....future wise, i think Rodwell could take the mantle, just not yet :)

Yep the entire forum think hes crap because hes not scoring.

I don't think anyone has said he's crap, people are just commenting on what they see....many of them having watched the games live rather than through green and gold specs from 10,000 miles away :) .

Just because we don't want to have his children doesn't mean we think he's crap.

My Order of Captaincy (When all fit)

1. Jags - Stand-out candidate, has everything.

2. Heitinga - Controversial but after seeing what he was capable of yday from the back, a foreign Jags if you like, has spirit hunger and was shouting all game, i like the look of him! At Ajax, when captain he was a machine.

3. Neville - Great ambassador to the club, likeable and gritty, love him.

4. Yobo - Gives an extra 25% when captain and seems to lose his 'proness' to errors

5. Arteta - Really steps up when he has the 'band'

6. Cahill - Opitimises the club as a player

7. Howard - I dont mind GK's at captains as long as they've got lungs lol

8. Anyone else....future wise, i think Rodwell could take the mantle, just not yet :)

good list, I would have Mikky and Tim before yobo though, even though he does play better I cant see him starting everygame with a fully fit squad.

Edited by Blue4Ever