IGNORED

Daily Mirror Piece About Diouf

FSF

From the FSF News page - http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/El-Hadji-Diouf-must-spit-out-the-truth.php

Every week we have our own column in the Daily Mirror’s Saturday Mania section giving us the chance to voice the fans’ consensus on the day’s hot potatoes and highlight issues which could otherwise slip by.

We’re not sure how many of you out there are regular Mirror readers so we’ve decided to reproduce the occasional piece on site for FSF members. We would post up every week’s column but it’s such a popular selling point for the Mirror we fear their sales may collapse if people know they can read our incoherent ramblings on our site for free. Or it could be because we’re normally in a post-weekend haze for most of Monday and might forget.

The FSF Fans’ Forum column from Saturday’s Daily Mirror Mania:

Here at FSF Towers we’ve been bombarded with messages from outraged Everton supporters about the incident between Blackburn Rovers player El-Hadji Diouf and an Everton ball-boy at the recent Everton-Rovers game at Goodison Park.

Diouf is alleged to have told the ball boy to, “F**k off, white boy!” in the first half of the game when Diouf apparently didn’t approve of the way the ball was returned to him by the thirteen year old ball-boy. Diouf has since alleged that it was he who was the victim of racist abuse, saying that he was pelted with bananas at the Gwladys Street end.

El-Hadji Diouf has never been the most sympathetic and engaging of characters. To say he has a short fuse would be an under-statement. He seems capable of blowing up at the most trivial perceived slight. The fact that he’s on his seventh club in eleven years says it all really.

Don’t get us wrong. We’re one hundred percent against any form of racism. If Diouf’s allegations have any truth to them they should result in punishment for those responsible.

Equally if the allegations that Diouf racially insulted a thirteen year old boy prove to be true then the FA should drop on him like a ton of bricks. Likewise if his allegations of banana throwing prove to be false.

Which is why the piece finished on Equally if the allegations that Diouf racially insulted a thirteen year old boy prove to be true then the FA should drop on him like a ton of bricks. Likewise if his allegations of banana throwing prove to be false.

We know that there's no substance in them, and would like to see action taken against Diouf for malicious accusations.

sorry i dont agree he should be charged with something....its the bananas thing that annoyed me telling lies trying to take the heat off himself.

I agree...the white boy thing is no big deal and I'm sure the lad laughed it off (privately at least). It is different from "black boy" because it doesn't carry the same historical slavery connotations.

But falsely accusing the crowd is another thing....throw the book at him for that in my view.

I dont see how you can say its different Mike

I would throw the book at him for the racist remark alone, and i'm baffled as to how he can get away with it.

If Neville should ever say "black boy" to a black ballboy there would be uproar, and every black person this side of katmandu would be screaming for blood, no doubt being led from the front by that obnoxious twat El hadji Diouf. :angry:

diouf should have been banned from english football after he spat in porsmouths players face a couple of years ago. its beyond a joke that the twit still gets paid thousands of british pounds a week an jus totally disrespects everything and everyone. how on earth does he have a work permit with such a disgusting record like his. kick the twit out!

btw jus because your not offended by white boy, does not make it not racist. the fact is he's a fully grown man an he used the term to belittle a 13 year old boy. anyone who defends this man really needs to look at themselves an go back to the basics of whats right and whats wrong.

This fella from the article Louis posted pretty much sum's it up for me:

Furthermore, this from O'Briain:

Did that ballboy go home and cry when he was called "white boy"? He didn't. The phrase carries no power at all. What's the insult? He might as well have said "Tall boy!", or "You with the blue eyes!" for all the pain it was going to cause.

... is total rubbish.

The phrase does carry power as it suggests that "white" is something negative about the person being insulted. Exactly the same as if you call someone "black boy," you are highlighting their race as a further reason you dislike them. "Black bastard" is far more ugly than simply "bastard," because it suggests that the person being black adds weight to the charge of them being a bastard. Similarly, Diouf calling this ballboy "white boy" suggests that he thinks poorly of the boy's skin colour. However you slice it, this is racism. Just because some privileged, middle-aged journalists didn't take personal offence to it doesn't change this.

He should be prosecuted for both incidents and harshly at that but sadly we all know that will not happen orrible twit! :angry:

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Possibly the most hated player in the country at the moment all you have to do is type his name in Google and see how hated the vile tw@t is, I like how he thinks another club will come in for him more then likely expecting a big club to show interest but gladly that wont happen because he is a very very average player at best who would struggle to hit a decent amount in the Championship.

One player i would love to see on the deck with a career ending injury he simply doesn't deserve the privileges he has been given.

Not sure if this is real but it wouldn't suprise me

I agree...the white boy thing is no big deal and I'm sure the lad laughed it off (privately at least). It is different from "black boy" because it doesn't carry the same historical slavery connotations.

But falsely accusing the crowd is another thing....throw the book at him for that in my view.

Yeah there is a difference, but the truth of the matter is that racism is probably one of the hardest subjects to discuss via text and the interwebs. But I'll give it a go. Racism is all about those who get it, feel it are blatant victims of it and those who just simply don't understand. For example, I'm from CT, Farfield County to be exact, and Fairfield County happens to be the wealthiest and waspiest county in the U.S. last I checked. So being black and growing up here was an experience to say the least. How many of you here got the chance to be "token" anything while growing up? be it school, a club, or even just a group of friends. Now think about your race or general difference always being the elephant in the room. Now as a white person can you honestly recall a moment when you were refused something not because of chance, or equal opportunity, but rather because your skin immediately put you out of contention (now don't get me wrong every being on this Earth has the capability to be racist, I know that, but here in America, whites forced "everyone else" into a separatist way of life, not the other way around). It sucks, it really does, and if you belong to the majority (i.e. Caucasian) and an ethnic friend, family member or lover says you don't understand when it comes to racism you should probably just accept that. Just like how I have no experience being an amputee or blind, someone who has never been internally effected by racism will NEVER understand it's true detrimental capacity. NEVER, you just won't.

Now that I've said that, back to Diouf. He's a vile human, not a vile black guy or vile dude with a bright mohawk, just vile. Especially since he seemingly cried wolf, which is awful. Imagine a more legitimate situation, like Eto'o in Spain a few years ago being driven to tears and almost leaving the pitch because of how he was being heckled (excuse my lack of game reference, I'm unaware of the exact match, but I think we all know the one I'm talking about). Not just booing and obvious dislike but directed intentional hatred towards a single individual. Bananas? Are you kidding me? That's how you call me less than human and that is simply unacceptable. Usually intelligent adult victims of racism let it roll of their backs and chalk it up to ignorance, in manageable quantities composure can be held and tears can be fought back, but with a giant stadium full of people throwing monkey calls your way one can only take so much.

In conclusion, about the "white boy" statement. No I don't think it was that big a deal, if it indeed was said. There's no racism scale, as to what hold more merit as an insult, but like Mike said, historical connotation comes into play a little bit. I remember older white men, school friends dads, school faculty referring to me as boy in the manner you would address males of any age. Almost as a title, and I didn't understand until I asked my dad and everything became clear. If it was said that ball boy probably laughed about it, because he doesn't feel threatened, why would you around almost 20,000 of your piers. All I ask is that we all keep things in perspective. White Anglo-Saxon transplants from your country dove head first into the slave trade and then proceeded to treat those very (*now)African Americans lower than dirt and around the same time and earlier you guys are snappin up land all around the world, heavily in Africa, just to get mad about how many Afro Eurpeans are crowding your cities. Geez, what's an all conquering empire to do when you can't find the right type of submissive human to belittle? Haha and like I said earlier there are idiots like Diouf who feel like their owed something and have a chip on their shoulder and there are transient individuals that live their lives as regular functioning members of society.

Yeah there is a difference, but the truth of the matter is that racism is probably one of the hardest subjects to discuss via text and the interwebs. But I'll give it a go. Racism is all about those who get it, feel it are blatant victims of it and those who just simply don't understand. For example, I'm from CT, Farfield County to be exact, and Fairfield County happens to be the wealthiest and waspiest county in the U.S. last I checked. So being black and growing up here was an experience to say the least. How many of you here got the chance to be "token" anything while growing up? be it school, a club, or even just a group of friends. Now think about your race or general difference always being the elephant in the room. Now as a white person can you honestly recall a moment when you were refused something not because of chance, or equal opportunity, but rather because your skin immediately put you out of contention (now don't get me wrong every being on this Earth has the capability to be racist, I know that, but here in America, whites forced "everyone else" into a separatist way of life, not the other way around). It sucks, it really does, and if you belong to the majority (i.e. Caucasian) and an ethnic friend, family member or lover says you don't understand when it comes to racism you should probably just accept that. Just like how I have no experience being an amputee or blind, someone who has never been internally effected by racism will NEVER understand it's true detrimental capacity. NEVER, you just won't.

Now that I've said that, back to Diouf. He's a vile human, not a vile black guy or vile dude with a bright mohawk, just vile. Especially since he seemingly cried wolf, which is awful. Imagine a more legitimate situation, like Eto'o in Spain a few years ago being driven to tears and almost leaving the pitch because of how he was being heckled (excuse my lack of game reference, I'm unaware of the exact match, but I think we all know the one I'm talking about). Not just booing and obvious dislike but directed intentional hatred towards a single individual. Bananas? Are you kidding me? That's how you call me less than human and that is simply unacceptable. Usually intelligent adult victims of racism let it roll of their backs and chalk it up to ignorance, in manageable quantities composure can be held and tears can be fought back, but with a giant stadium full of people throwing monkey calls your way one can only take so much.

In conclusion, about the "white boy" statement. No I don't think it was that big a deal, if it indeed was said. There's no racism scale, as to what hold more merit as an insult, but like Mike said, historical connotation comes into play a little bit. I remember older white men, school friends dads, school faculty referring to me as boy in the manner you would address males of any age. Almost as a title, and I didn't understand until I asked my dad and everything became clear. If it was said that ball boy probably laughed about it, because he doesn't feel threatened, why would you around almost 20,000 of your piers. All I ask is that we all keep things in perspective. White Anglo-Saxon transplants from your country dove head first into the slave trade and then proceeded to treat those very (*now)African Americans lower than dirt and around the same time and earlier you guys are snappin up land all around the world, heavily in Africa, just to get mad about how many Afro Eurpeans are crowding your cities. Geez, what's an all conquering empire to do when you can't find the right type of submissive human to belittle? Haha and like I said earlier there are idiots like Diouf who feel like their owed something and have a chip on their shoulder and there are transient individuals that live their lives as regular functioning members of society.

Holy wall of text batman! :lol:

Not in a position to comment about Wolf having a chip on his shoulder about slavery so I'll keep my view on that comment to myself.

But....the land that we "snapped up" may have had little monetary value in our terms but do you not think it may have had some value to the people living on it?

Kidnapping and hijacking and "these people" don't want to work for a living? Do we not have any of our people breaking the law then? None of us don't want to work for a living?

And what has Mugabe got to do with anything? And African corruption (doesn't happen anywhere else of course...certainly not our seat of government)?

What has any of that to do with racism?

Whole post makes me very uncomfortable.

black or white there's no difference...racism is racism...we don't live in history we live in the present and there's no place for it. suggesting that it's different is a major barrier to overcoming racism, i haven't enslaved anyone so i'm unwilling to accept that it's any different...he should have the book thrown at him or this whole lets kick racism out of football campaign is a waste of time