IGNORED

Gary Townsend

Louis

Everton in the community boss joins Notts County as CEO:

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/page/NewsDe...1818726,00.html

Gary Townsend, 36, has joined Notts County FC as Chief Executive Officer; he will be working with Executive Chairman Peter Trembling on the long-term project underway at Meadow Lane.

Mr Townsend was with Manchester United for seven years, over that time he held a number of positions including HR Manager, heading up the museum & tour centre, and various special projects - including the Champions League final in 2003. Gary was Head of HR with Everton and over four years helped restructure the club; including the outsourcing of the retail and catering divisions. 12 months ago, he was made Chief Executive of the Everton Foundation, one of country's leading football charities.

Speaking on his appointment, Mr Townsend said: "I am delighted to join Notts County and I thank Peter for the opportunity to be part of the challenge of making County great again. My work at Everton and also with the Everton Tigers basketball team, has involved a great deal of work within the community and experience of growing fan-bases, and this is something that I feel will be particularly applicable to the project at Meadow Lane."

Peter Trembling, Executive Chairman said: "To secure the services of Gary Townsend as CEO of this football club is testament to our long term ambition. I worked closely with Gary at Everton, he is an outstanding football administrator and I am delighted that he has joined our team."