IGNORED

No Ordinary Jo

never been fond of the lad, never does anything, will not run towards goal with the ball, just no confidence this season i think is his problem

he only ever wants to get the ball away from his feet

prefer saha that thinks about goal immediately and if he cant get a shot away, plays it wide

I like him but think he's better deployed in a two man partership rather than up front on his own. When he plays on his own he's often served up such crap from the midfield that no-one could create real chances.

Personally I prefer him to Vic, I dont think the two even compare. If Jo had arrived in England on a fairer fee, rather than the "Manchester Sure We'll Pay Anything City" price then he'd be alot more appreciated, however now he'll be haunted by the 18m price tag, when he's really worth around 5.

I like Jo though, his work rate has improved as has his movement, and it's important to note that he is still very young. He's only 1 year older than both Vic and Vaughn, both of which we stil consider "prospects". he has also already scored more goals for the club than both Vic and Vaughn. Vic has managed 6 in 65, Vaughn 6 in 38, Jo 8 in 18. I think Jo offers us something different up front and if paired off another stikrer he could cause real problems. Despite his physice his hold-up play is very very good. I'm glad we have him here, but thats just my opinion.

Edited by jamiemaher85

I was really happy when Everton got Jo last year and then again this summer. Although he hasn't been playing so well for us Toffee's thus far this year I'm really thinking he can provide us with great force off the bench. I also don't want to write him off because of the great luck we seem to have with injuries. Yak was down all last year, Saha has a history of injuries, Vic is still getting healthy, so we need Jo there to fit into any role we need him too. However, I do not agree with you on the idea that Vic is better than Jo. I would start Jo any day of the week over Vic, but we will just have to see what happens this year when we get healthy.

COYB

never been fond of the lad, never does anything, will not run towards goal with the ball, just no confidence this season i think is his problem

he only ever wants to get the ball away from his feet

prefer saha that thinks about goal immediately and if he cant get a shot away, plays it wide

:blink: hmmmm Do you mean a bit like when he won the penalty against Wigan? :unsure:

Not keen, Yak, Saha and Vaughan all ahead of him.

I dont see how Vaughan can be seen as being ahead of him. As said before look at their records, Vaughn 6 goals in 38 Appearances, Jo 8 in 18. Age can't really be considered as they are only a year apart. As sad as it appears Vaughn's carear at the very top level was more than likely over before it really began. vaughn has not kicked on at all, and with his knee problems I cant ever see him doing so. I really wanted him to do it for us, but he simply hasn't. Jo is light years ahead of Vaughn in terms of play at the moment.

Was full of optimism when we re-signed Jo on loan but so far this season he has been...well...er...rubbish. I want him to do well and score goals but it just aint happening for him. Saha looks twice the player Jo does and Saha has his injury proneness.

If I am honest I get more excited at seeing Agard's name in the squad than Jo's. On the flip side, there isn't another player at Everton I want to succeed more than Jo.

Saha's form at present is fantastic, and you can't really blame him for a blank against Stoke as we were pretty much firing blanks.Problem for me is I just can't help think Saha's good injury free run will have to end sometime.THEN it's pretty much a toss up between Yakubu and Jo, and to a lesser extent Anichebe, SO like Jo or not he's got a big part to play this season.I'd like to see Anichebe get a chance, just in case it clicks.Moyes can obviously see something in him, maybe his strength and holding would work well with Jo?

I really hope Saha can stay healthy for once, along with every other Toffee, because he is an amazing player as we are seeing this year when he is healthy. Jo and Yak are the next two strikers behind Saha. Vaughn, too many knee problems as we see once again with him, and Vic we will have to see when he is healthy. I think that Jo does his best work when he has someone to work with. This does not necessarily have to be Saha or Yak up top with him, but could be Cahill, Felli, or Billy at a removed strikers role filling in behind Jo. He just needs that other mate to link up with as I do not see him being the greatest at attacking all alone, which we have done in the past with him. It is still early and maybe he can get himself going.

I have to agree with jamiemaher85 here. I think Jo makes fantastic runs across the line. I do think though that he needs to be more aggressive when he's in possession. He seems to do well and draw fouls when he runs at people and he needs to do that more. Also needs to stay on his feet a bit more, but I think he'll prove a valuable squad member this year and certainly our 3rd choice.

great touch at times and can make runs at players like he did against wigan which ended up winning us the match :-) sometimes looks a little off the pace to me but maybe thats just his style i dont think hes meant to be lighting quick anyways...hes got the skills but not the strength to play upfront on his own and im in agreement he needs a partner to play off...i certainly dont like him wide out on the left

im sure there was a link to a story on here yesterday, it may have been taken down with it being another forum, but i read that article and i actually enjoyed reading it, it did however make jo sound ALOTTT better than what he is at the moment. Sure the man has potential but he needs to find it fast before hes shipped back off to city. Was typical of him last week v stoke, last few minutes, ball in the box, even a half decent touch sets him up for an easy easy finish, but he gets it stook right under his feet, tries to swivel and the chance has gone, and the chance of 3 points have gone. Its that KILLER instinct he lacks. Am sure everyone on this board agrees with that

I think Jo is hit and miss, I don't particularly rate him and would rather play Anichebe who I still think could come good if he can get some consistency, fitness and a run of games.

I agree that Jo is a bit hit and miss but I do feel he is much better than Big Vic, there is a good reason why he couldnt get a game even when he was the only fit forward at the club!

The only time Vic has an effect on a game is when he is used as an impact sub I just think his attitude is all wrong and that he thinks he is a better player than he actually is.

I think this will be a make or break season for him and to be honest I can see him plying his trade in the Championship/lower leagues if he doesnt nuckle down and change his attitude