IGNORED

Arteta Update

Apart from pace :P

And does anyone think Bilyaletdinov looks more suited to a more central role?

But it has pace of thought, in my opinion that is more important. Arteta, Bily and Pienaar have "quick" minds and can create the chances, we dont need to have pace to burn in the team when we have players who can out thin oppositions.

Fellaini is being forgotten fast, he's not been playing well enough.

I hadn't forgotten him. But with a fully fit team I think it's hard to logically include him in the team if we are to go on ability alone, the same can be said about Neville. Now I love Neville but you have to detach yourself from your heart with this, Rodwell is the future and even at such a young age is already a better player than Neville.

I agree with jamie. Neville is a great presense but not a starter when were healthy. Felli could take the place of one of them. I havent quite figured out where Billy will fit best. He serves up dirty balls from the wings, but could see him scoring goals in the middle. I think Cahill is looking forward to Mikel coming back the most.

But it has pace of thought, in my opinion that is more important. Arteta, Bily and Pienaar have "quick" minds and can create the chances, we dont need to have pace to burn in the team when we have players who can out thin oppositions.

I agree with that, but don't you think that his precise passing and quick feet could be better utilised in the middle rather than on the wing, where he seems unable to beat his man for pace? We have Pienaar on one wing but i don't think we have any other natural first team wingers. Osman- No, Cahill- No, Arteta- No etc.. I think Bilyaletdinov played attacking midfield for Lokomotiv and featured on the wings when needed. I think that is where he should be playing but with the amount of options we have in the middle i can only see Moyes playing him on the wing.

I agree with jamie. Neville is a great presense but not a starter when were healthy. Felli could take the place of one of them. I havent quite figured out where Billy will fit best. He serves up dirty balls from the wings, but could see him scoring goals in the middle. I think Cahill is looking forward to Mikel coming back the most.

I disagree about Neville. Rodwell may be more assured on the ball but he gives nothing like the protection to the back 4 and the general involvement in the game that Neville does, Rodwell goes missing in virtually every game whereas Neville was superb last season. Rodwell still has a lot to prove for me, he has the ability and potential and that may be good enough for the future but it's not enough for the here and now, he needs to contribute more otherwise I'd drop him as soon as Neville is fit.

Edited by carlmc25

I agree that Neville aids the back four better than Jack does, but I think this whole lineup change depends on the team and style were playing. Jack is better at going forward and being offensive when needed, yet he can still be a holding midfielder. Jack can score goals where Neville is a far shot for that. Neville is the veteran with experience though. It will be interesting to see how Moyes handles this situation in big games. I love that were debtating this because this means we finally have depth for the first time in a few seasons

I agree that Neville aids the back four better than Jack does, but I think this whole lineup change depends on the team and style were playing. Jack is better at going forward and being offensive when needed, yet he can still be a holding midfielder. Jack can score goals where Neville is a far shot for that. Neville is the veteran with experience though. It will be interesting to see how Moyes handles this situation in big games. I love that were debtating this because this means we finally have depth for the first time in a few seasons

Arteta, Pienaar and Cahill will provide/score the goals - Rodwell/Neville will be there to provide defensive cover as their primary function, Rodwell still can't cut it so he'll be dropped unless he improves as Neville does that job much better.

Didn't we we buy Fellaini to replace Carsley? £3m more could have gotten Moutinho allegedly......... (bit like buying one of thise TV/DVD combo's from Tesco and seeing a 32"" Samsung for £20 more a day later) p.s anyone seen moutinho recently? watched him last week, outstanding player, similar to arteta but more box to box. Great mobility, speed of thought and technique.

The best player to replace Carsley is Rodwell, evidently we haven't got the money to do that in the market in order to allow Jack the time to stand back and develop at the right pace, instead we may end up over analysing a kid just out of the reserves against a champs league, FA cup, league winning captain. Rodwell is the second best centre midfielder we have, the problem is that the best one is injured. Neville is a great leader, a person who will do anything he can to win, he is not a first choice midfielder in a top 4 team, if he was, he would still be at United, but I am happy he is here.

Rodwell is the new Rooney, we will all be looking at him to do the things experienced players should be doing, await the return of Arteta, you don't realise how good something is till it's gone.

Didn't we we buy Fellaini to replace Carsley? £3m more could have gotten Moutinho allegedly......... (bit like buying one of thise TV/DVD combo's from Tesco and seeing a 32"" Samsung for £20 more a day later) p.s anyone seen moutinho recently? watched him last week, outstanding player, similar to arteta but more box to box. Great mobility, speed of thought and technique.

The best player to replace Carsley is Rodwell, evidently we haven't got the money to do that in the market in order to allow Jack the time to stand back and develop at the right pace, instead we may end up over analysing a kid just out of the reserves against a champs league, FA cup, league winning captain. Rodwell is the second best centre midfielder we have, the problem is that the best one is injured. Neville is a great leader, a person who will do anything he can to win, he is not a first choice midfielder in a top 4 team, if he was, he would still be at United, but I am happy he is here.

Rodwell is the new Rooney, we will all be looking at him to do the things experienced players should be doing, await the return of Arteta, you don't realise how good something is till it's gone.

thats the key word there if it was true im sure they would have found it to buy moutinho...sporting wanted it all upfront i think and liege were happy to deal with installments

If that's the case then truely gutted, I never knew enough about him but seen the youtube stuff which actually could make Brett Angel look great. Watched a good 15mins live and in that time he was none stop, box to box, making things happen. Would have been a landmark signing. Better than I think his reputation suggests and for his size would have no probs with the EPL.

If that's the case then truely gutted, I never knew enough about him but seen the youtube stuff which actually could make Brett Angel look great. Watched a good 15mins live and in that time he was none stop, box to box, making things happen. Would have been a landmark signing. Better than I think his reputation suggests and for his size would have no probs with the EPL.

I'm fairly sure it would not have been the case, We paid a fee upfront for Fellaini and the rest apparently in installments for all we know Sporting may have wanted it in one lump sum you don't just look at figure's and say oh we could have got him for x amount more.