IGNORED

How Can Wigan Outbid Us?

Ho the hell can wigan outbid us????

yes ok they finished a PLACE above us, big diff, but we've been in the prem since its beginning. we get 10,000 more fans at lest in our stadium every week. some will say we blew a lot of money last season but remember we do have marcus bent and per kroldrups money and of course rooneys dosh.

why wont the board cough up an xtra million for a man who'll take us up a few places in the league which will result in greater prize money?

u must invest!!!

Ho the hell can wigan outbid us????

yes ok they finished a PLACE above us, big diff, but we've been in the prem since its beginning. we get 10,000 more fans at lest in our stadium every week. some will say we blew a lot of money last season but remember we do have marcus bent and per kroldrups money and of course rooneys dosh.

why wont the board cough up an xtra million for a man who'll take us up a few places in the league which will result in greater prize money?

u must invest!!!

the wigan chairman is loaded thats why they can outbid us,

remember last year he gave the manager a £20million budget, and also he said if Jewell has to sell Chimbonda the chairman said he will double what he is sold for.

they have the money, he apparentyl lost all of ours..

maybe its under the bed, thats where most things are!

If you want another striker who we know can score goals in the Premiership and wants to come to us and costs less then you should speak to BK and DM because as far as i can see there is no other player who fits the criteria

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I Agree. we PAID 6M for Beattie, Hammers PAID 7M for Ashton the going rate for a good striker has risen, its the cost of living. (or dying). :)

as phil said, if i was thinkin of a 8.5 million striker then AJ wouldnt be top of my list, arsenal got rosicky for 8 mil for fuck sake! obviously arsenal are in a lot better position then ourselves but surely we have other options than this!!

dont get me wrong i would like AJ but i think we are rite not to get blackmailed into payin well over the odds for a striker who is good but not the best player in the world

and wigan can outbid us as they have more money to put it simply

In my humble opinion I am not convinced that he has particularly proven himself at Premiership level. Don't get me wrong, I think he is worth having, but just not at that price.

Just an opinion though and I do see where you're coming from.

Well your not going to get anything better for less, so we spend or we decline and eventually go down, football is about risks on and off the pitch and the people who take risks are at the top.

Lets assume for a moment that we have £12m (and this has to be in some doubt) to spend this summer. We spend £8.5m on AJ, leaving us with £3.5m, presumably to get a Centre Back. All I am saying is that this would be the limit of our buying this summer.

I am not saying we can neccesarily get better for less, maybe we just have to make the money go a bit further.

I put on another thread somewhere that i would rather have one good one, than three average ones, who we are looking to move on after one season., for example Marcus Bent, Kev Kilbane, A V D Meyde.

These type of players are a Quick fix, but will not improve the Squad in the long term.

If our aim is to improve and become a force in the prem, we must start buying bigger and better.

If we do have 12 or 13 mill to spend i would be quite content with two good signings this season, a good striker and a good centre half, then we can do the same next year, couple more GOOD signings, not these over the hill players that cant get into the teams we buy them from, we can get them squad players on loan and stop buying rubbish.

Edited by toffeelicker

I put on another thread somewhere that i would rather have one good one, than three average ones, who we are looking to move on after one season., for example  Marcus Bent, Kev Kilbane, A V D Meyde.

These type of players are a Quick fix, but will not improving the Squad in the long term.

If our aim is to improve and become a force in the prem,  we must start buying bigger and better.

If we do have 12 or 13 mill to spend i would be quite content with two good signings this season, a good striker and a good centre half, then we can do the same next year, couple more GOOD signings, not these over the hill players that cant get into the teams we buy them from.

Totally agree mate

Guest fozzie22
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I Agree.    we PAID 6M for Beattie,  Hammers PAID 7M for Ashton the going rate for a good striker has risen, its the cost of living. (or dying).  :)

no it hasnt Licker,evertonworld we live in a bizzaro world where players cost nothing and grapes grow on tomato plants.

Its about time Everton got real and started living in the real world.

theres no point in complaining about the cost of a striker.

2 clubs have offered 8.5 mill for him so thats what he's worth. end of story!

either we have the money to invest or we dont.

if we dont, (and not many do), we will probably stay a mid table side for the forseeable future.

in that case we would have to look for ways to generate cash over the long term to compete in the transfer market.

maybe a bigger capacity stadium, for instance!

there arent exactly a lot of top strikers on the market, hence the price.

manu are offering vnr for about 10mill. can we afford him or persuade him to come to Everton? probably no on both counts.

or we can try for aj. a talented young striker, and england international, and with a great record.

8.5 mill is a lot of money. but that the going rate!

theres no point in complaining about the cost of a striker.

2 clubs have offered 8.5 mill for him so thats what he's worth. end of story!

either we have the money to invest or we dont.

if we dont, (and not many do), we will probably stay a mid table side for the forseeable future.

in that case we would have to look for ways to generate cash over the long term to compete in the transfer market.

maybe a bigger capacity stadium, for instance!

there arent exactly a lot of top strikers on the market, hence the price.

manu are offering vnr for about 10mill. can we afford him or persuade him to come to Everton? probably no on both counts.

or we can try for aj. a talented young striker, and england international, and with a great record.

8.5 mill is a lot of money. but that the going rate!

Here here... :) This guy is right!

Got to go with Java on this one, we are not the force we once were, I think we are going to have to face that, accept our lot and continue to support the team.

Having said that it does hurt to be outbid by two "lesser" teams.

If we fail to bring in a big name, are things so bad?, we have Vic and Scott who are promising in not blooded.

Come December and if we are floundering, I will be worried, but for f*cks sake the new season is still three months away, and there is already doom and gloom.

ATB

Mac

Got to go with Java on this one, we are not the force we once were, I think we are going to have to face that, accept our lot and continue to support the team.

If we fail to bring in a big name, are things so bad?, we have Vic and Scott who are promising in not blooded.

Come December and if we are floundering, I will be worried, but for f*cks sake the new season is still three months away, and there is already doom and gloom.

ATB

Mac

Doesn't Darlington have one of the oldest train stations in england or something?

Guest fozzie22

ATB

Mac

bit much to be asking 2 kids to carry the team tbh,one no PL experience the other with a couple of games,sorry it doesnt wash with me

this is not the way a football club should be run

Andy Johnson is not worth 8mil, but then again if thats the asking price then thats the price your going to have to pay.Imo this shows ambition by the manager,the chairman and club as a whole,so if this particular transfer comes off then hats off.

I still don`t know about the board at Goodison,but one thing I do know is that Davey spent about 20mil last year,some shite some not,some we just didn`t get to find out, but that money was made available so read into it what you will.

One thing I will say is Arteta is the best bit of business I`ve seen for years at Everton, together with Biffa/Johnson??? Yobo at times,Arteta et al the spine of team has improved. Keep the faith. Once in never out.