IGNORED

No Fellaini Vs Wolverhampton?

holystove

Because he won't join our national team in Estonia for the match on Tuesday, he will not be released by the Belgian FA to play Saturday for Everton. (as reported by Belgian newspapers).

He's having his wisdom teeth removed today, Dick Advocaat, Belgian manager, wanted him to reschedule so he could come to Estonia. Fellaini said he couldn't because then he'd have to wait another 2 months to have them removed.

Pretty harsh, but it's part of the new ethic Advocaat is trying to impose.

That doesn't make as far as I'm concerned. Surely as soon as the international fixtures are completed then I'd assume players would then go back to their clubs therefore there's no way the Belgian FA could not release Fellaini is there???

FIFA regulations state if a player does not play for his country, his FA can forbid him to play for his club if that game is within 5 days after the international game he missed.

oh right I've never heard about that before, thanks for clearing that up. I do think it's a bit harsh though considering it wasn't like Belgium were still in with a chance of qualifying was it??

it's a matter of principles, belgian national team was a complete mess. we had alot of players calling off selections when they felt like it and crap, no motivation..

Advocaat took over (since octobre), with a new staff, and he wants to take a fresh start, so no more players skipping national games for no good reason.

Wasn't aware Advocaat had taken over (or maybe I was and I forgot :unsure: ), when did that happen?

Must give some hope for the future :) .

it sure does

it's a matter of principles, belgian national team was a complete mess. we had alot of players calling off selections when they felt like it and crap, no motivation..

Advocaat took over (since octobre), with a new staff, and he wants to take a fresh start, so no more players skipping national games for no good reason.

it sure does

i'd call wisdom teeth a good reason personally they hurt like fuck if theyre left alone! sounds a bit petty to me kinda like if we cant have him neither can you wah wah wah etc etc

Wasn't aware Advocaat had taken over (or maybe I was and I forgot :unsure: ), when did that happen?

Must give some hope for the future :) .

Saturday was his first game (2-0 win against Turkey, after we had lost 5 games in row to powerhouses such as Armenia!).

Belgian team is a complete mess, that's why the FA took out its checkbook to get a quality manager. With the type of players we have and the group we were in, we really should have qualified for WC. Onward and upward to EC in 2012.

If I was Felli I would tell the national team to go and F**K themselves. That is well out of order

I agree with you if the FA looked at it case by case .. but they made it a general rule to use that FIFA regulation well before Fellaini said he wouldn't go to Estonia.

Probably wrong on this, but does anyone a young Gerrard having numerous health problems, these were...i think :unsure: helped greatly by having his wisdom teeth removed!!

I just recall something like this happening, probably bullshit.

Your right. Gerrard had his wisdom teeth removed, which had been causing him alot of pain, and then really started putting on performances. He was out for about 4 weeks after though!

Back to Felli, the Belgian FA have every right to do this as it's in the rule book, but I think it's bang out of order. I believe that Belgium can nolonger qualify for the World Cup (which is a shame) which effecctivly renders this game pointless, it seems harsh to then make Felli miss his next game because he wants to get an operation done that he needs.

Oh and Mike. Advocat had signed a contract with Belgium FA a few months ago to take them over after the Russian season finished as he was Zenit boss, but he was sacked from Zenit recently so he took over the Belgium sooner

i can understand it when you lads say it's out of order.

but on the other side, felli only made it public last week that he wasn't able to make the trip to sunny estonia because of the operation. wich is a little bit weird and unprofessional a critic might say.

I

think if the FA was informed way before hand he would have been allowed to play.

I believe that Belgium can nolonger qualify for the World Cup (which is a shame) which effecctivly renders this game pointless, it seems harsh to then make Felli miss his next game because he wants to get an operation done that he needs.

The FA's reasoning is that there are only so many games before the EC qualifying games start, so Advocaat needs to have the team together as much as possible to implement his "system". So in that sense, there are no pointless games.

To be fair, if wasn't an Everton supporter, I would have whole heartedly supported the FA decision. In the players' mind there's fuck all to play for in Estonia and nobody would want to go there anyway, but if your country asks you to play an international game you should do it.

The FA's reasoning is that there are only so many games before the EC qualifying games start, so Advocaat needs to have the team together as much as possible to implement his "system". So in that sense, there are no pointless games.

To be fair, if wasn't an Everton supporter, I would have whole heartedly supported the FA decision. In the players' mind there's fuck all to play for in Estonia and nobody would want to go there anyway, but if your country asks you to play an international game you should do it.

I take your point about Advocat wanting to gel the squad in the time that he has. The problem I have with the situation is that Everton have released the player for the internationals and have therefore fullfilled there obligation, that they are now punished doesn't seem right. If the Belgium FA feel so strongly they should fine Felli as this was his decision. Everton should not have to suffer because of this.

:rolleyes:

I take your point about Advocat wanting to gel the squad in the time that he has. The problem I have with the situation is that Everton have released the player for the internationals and have therefore fullfilled there obligation, that they are now punished doesn't seem right. If the Belgium FA feel so strongly they should fine Felli as this was his decision. Everton should not have to suffer because of this.

I dont see any reason why Everton or Felli should be punished. Everton have played ball by releasing the player and Felli is well within his rights to get his wisdom teeth out. The whole situation is farcical and I fully expect FIFA to tell the Belgium FA to get back in their box

:rolleyes:

I dont see any reason why Everton or Felli should be punished. Everton have played ball by releasing the player and Felli is well within his rights to get his wisdom teeth out. The whole situation is farcical and I fully expect FIFA to tell the Belgium FA to get back in their box

I wasn't saying that Felli should be punished, but he is more culpable than Everton in the sitation. Everton have done everything asked of them and shold be the last ones to suffer from this stupid situation

I wasn't saying that Felli should be punished, but he is more culpable than Everton in the sitation. Everton have done everything asked of them and shold be the last ones to suffer from this stupid situation

Sorry mate I wasnt trying to imply that you thought Felli should be punished I was just trying to make the point that there is no case to answer so neither the club or Felli are even in the slightest bit culpable

That FIFA regulation has been used by numerous other FA's.

Quick google search shows Australia not allowing Viduka to play for Leeds (http://www.indianexpress.com/oldStory/41493/), Scotland (http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/scotsman-edinburgh-scotland-the/mi_7951/is_1999_July_22/brown-fifa-rule-curb-clubs/ai_n32642040/), etc..

So I fear there's not much FIFA will do.

;)

That FIFA regulation has been used by numerous other FA's.

Quick google search shows Australia not allowing Viduka to play for Leeds (http://www.indianexpress.com/oldStory/41493/), Scotland (http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/scotsman-edinburgh-scotland-the/mi_7951/is_1999_July_22/brown-fifa-rule-curb-clubs/ai_n32642040/), etc..

So I fear there's not much FIFA will do.

Im not saying that the rule is not enforcable, Im saying that Felli has a perfectly good excuse for not playing and therefore FIFA should see it Evertons way

In effect the Belgium FA are attempting to ban Felli from having his wisdom teeth removed, or at least they are trying to dictate when he has the op, and surely that cant be right

If Everton and Felli really wanted to get arsey over this surely its against his human rights to make him suffer from his wisdom teeth for an extra month!

;)

Im not saying that the rule is not enforcable, Im saying that Felli has a perfectly good excuse for not playing and therefore FIFA should see it Evertons way

In effect the Belgium FA are attempting to ban Felli from having his wisdom teeth removed, or at least they are trying to dictate when he has the op, and surely that cant be right

If Everton and Felli really wanted to get arsey over this surely its against his human rights to make him suffer from his wisdom teeth for an extra month!

Fellaini should have communicated better. he only made it clear he was having surgery last week, wich is just not very smart.

the belgian FA is doing nothing wrong, but Ofcourse it's a shame Everton gets to suffer from this..

Edited by Churinga

Fellaini should have communicated better. he only made it clear he was having surgery last week, wich is just not very smart.

the belgian FA is doing nothing wrong, but Ofcourse it's a shame Everton gets to suffer from this..

That all depends on whose account of the incident you beleive. Felli claims he had an agreement with the manager, the manager denies it.

If Felli hasnt had the decency to let his manager know in advance then yes it is out of order on his part, but he still hasnt comitted any kind of offence

But either way the facts are he is genuinely programmed in to have the surgery and so that should be the end of the matter

I read about Fellaini's dental work last week and assumed it had been done before all of this kerfuflle. If I knew about it last week surely Advocat must have also known he was due for it. I don't really see the point in this anyway, we pay his wages it just smacks of spitefulness to me.

Why journalists (headline writers in particular) have a bad name...

Daily Post headline...

"Wolves manager Mick McCarthy wants Marouane Fellaini’s Saturday ban upheld"

When in fact what he said was, plainly in response to being asked about it...

“FIFA are entitled to do it. I had it with George McCartney. He didn’t go with Northern Ireland. He was injured and missed the game and was banned from the next match."

“That’s the five-day rule. If they don’t turn up and play, then the authorities are entitled to ban him from the next game.”

He's just stating the rule. Can anyone tell me what part of that answer suggests he "...wants (the) ban upheld."?

Pathetic journalism.

Everton expect him to be available for the game

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/felli-in-clear-for-wolves.html

as usual though the OS title says (Felli in the clear) so that to me says before reading that he has been cleared to play. But reading in the article it then says everton are confident he can play. I dont know if anyone remembers but i brought this up the other week. The OS has a title, but a completly different outcome in the article, just a small irritation i have with that site!

Why journalists (headline writers in particular) have a bad name...

Daily Post headline...

"Wolves manager Mick McCarthy wants Marouane Fellaini’s Saturday ban upheld"

When in fact what he said was, plainly in response to being asked about it...

“FIFA are entitled to do it. I had it with George McCartney. He didn’t go with Northern Ireland. He was injured and missed the game and was banned from the next match."

“That’s the five-day rule. If they don’t turn up and play, then the authorities are entitled to ban him from the next game.”

He's just stating the rule. Can anyone tell me what part of that answer suggests he "...wants (the) ban upheld."?

Pathetic journalism.

nonsense aint it theyre all the same pisses me off