IGNORED

What Is Heitingas Worth? And Distins Long Balls?

Look guys, we are all everton fans. And everyone is getting defensive. But lets not forget, we are mid table and have had a shite start to the season. So maybe its time for a reality check on how good these guys really are?

Give it a rest please? You're giving us Aussies a bad name. Neill is a good player - but so is Heitinga, Distin and Yobo, so for the moment Neill will have to wait his turn (which he would have known when he signed). I'm willing to bet he'll get his chance this week against Bolton and then it will be up to him to keep his spot.

You are seriously embarrassing yourself. Yes we're midtable but if you think it's purely because Lucas Neill is warming the bench and we're playing too many long balls then you alot less about the game than you make out. Maybe, just maybe, our poor start is due to a number of things, such as the Lescott saga at the start of the season, a group of new players learning to play together, and injuries to our best defender, striker, and 2 best midfielders. Lucas Neill is not the SOLE answer to Everton's problems at the moment.

As I say, your love affair with the Aussie players is embarrassing for us all down here. Cahill is a good player - nothing more, nothing less. At times he can be as good as Lampard and Gerrard, and at other times he has less impact on the game than Osman. He is erratic - no world beater, but every Everton fan is happy to have him. And Neill is OK - at times his defensive work can be first class. At others though he gives away too many free kicks, is undisciplined and gets caught in the wrong position.

So please, do all of us favour, take off your rose coloured glasses of Aussie players, and start supporting the entire Everton squad rather than the 2 that happen to wear green and gold a couple of times a year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and they wonder why we love beating them at every opportunity! i hate cricket, really really hate it, but i'll watch that crap all day long to see an aussie sulk! i hate cricket, but i loved the ashes!

Mate, you only ever beat us in the UK and that's because you doctor pitches to suit your needs...and even then you only crawl over the line. Every time you come to Oz though you get a smashing.

As an Aussie, we always enjoy watching you Poms bash your own as soon as things go a little wrong, and then carry on like you're the greatest ever as soon as you actually win something. Let's not forget that your population is triple ours and still you battle to keep up with us on the sporting field...it's embarrassing for you.

Mate, you only ever beat us in the UK and that's because you doctor pitches to suit your needs...

That's called rain mate!.......

AND!.....You were saying your population is 1/3 that of England, maybe that's true, but I'm pretty sure that if you had to pick a team out of Russian and Polish people you'd find you had a selection a problem :)

Buddy, I did like your post on the present Everton and Cahill situation, think you got that spot on!

Give it a rest please? You're giving us Aussies a bad name. Neill is a good player - but so is Heitinga, Distin and Yobo, so for the moment Neill will have to wait his turn (which he would have known when he signed). I'm willing to bet he'll get his chance this week against Bolton and then it will be up to him to keep his spot.

You are seriously embarrassing yourself. Yes we're midtable but if you think it's purely because Lucas Neill is warming the bench and we're playing too many long balls then you alot less about the game than you make out. Maybe, just maybe, our poor start is due to a number of things, such as the Lescott saga at the start of the season, a group of new players learning to play together, and injuries to our best defender, striker, and 2 best midfielders. Lucas Neill is not the SOLE answer to Everton's problems at the moment.

As I say, your love affair with the Aussie players is embarrassing for us all down here. Cahill is a good player - nothing more, nothing less. At times he can be as good as Lampard and Gerrard, and at other times he has less impact on the game than Osman. He is erratic - no world beater, but every Everton fan is happy to have him. And Neill is OK - at times his defensive work can be first class. At others though he gives away too many free kicks, is undisciplined and gets caught in the wrong position.

So please, do all of us favour, take off your rose coloured glasses of Aussie players, and start supporting the entire Everton squad rather than the 2 that happen to wear green and gold a couple of times a year.

1st of all i go for Everton through and through we get 3 points, thats all that matters.

2) Im trying to work out why we continued to give away possession over the weekend. Came to Heitinga going missing and Distin launching long ball after long ball, which he forced on himself by taking to long on the ball. Others have seen this.

Neill doesn't play the long ball that much and would suit our team. Hes much better at keeping position. Giving Rodwell, Cahill more chance of holding the ball. And linking up with Saha and Yakubu.

No one is embarassing themselves. We are talking football. Reality check but, we have started this season poorly, and look nothing near convincing. Mod's don't edit this, it isn't kindergarten. We are all grown men here!

Mod's don't edit this, it isn't kindergarten. We are all grown men here!

Why would anyone want to edit it :mellow: ?

And hey Buddy...doesn't every cricket team at whatever level prepare their home pitch to make the most of their strengths? Even Australia ;) ? It's an accepted and acceptable part of the game.

1st of all i go for Everton through and through we get 3 points, thats all that matters.

2) Im trying to work out why we continued to give away possession over the weekend. Came to Heitinga going missing and Distin launching long ball after long ball, which he forced on himself by taking to long on the ball. Others have seen this.

Neill doesn't play the long ball that much and would suit our team. Hes much better at keeping position. Giving Rodwell, Cahill more chance of holding the ball. And linking up with Saha and Yakubu.

No one is embarassing themselves. We are talking football. Reality check but, we have started this season poorly, and look nothing near convincing. Mod's don't edit this, it isn't kindergarten. We are all grown men here!

whats he gonna do use his jedi powers to summon cahill and robwell?! they wernt comin for the ball thats why distin was launchin it! you're just bein ignorant about it that fact cos you seem to lick neills arse

this is a funny post, but an enjoyable read nonetheless.. Anyhow id like to clear the matter of distins long balls and the fact evertontoffees believes he takes too long on the ball. I don't know if you realise this but the reason for distins long balls is the fact no one comes from midfield or even bothers coming from midfield to collect the ball from our back 4. Example - yesterday i watched man utd and every time vidic or ferdinand got the ball, anderson and scholes both drppped off giving the option of a link between defence midfield. It got me thinking our team doesnt have that capability without arteta in the team, and thats the sole reason at this moment in time our cb'c mostly, are playing the long ball, excluding the midfield hoping a knockdown from saha or any other striker will then bring in our attacking midfielders. I hope this makes sense everton toffees, so that also answers the "neill is better at playing cb" question, as it has nothing to do with the centre backs, and i would start distin any day of the week against neill, ive grown to like him since he joined everton :)

Mate, you only ever beat us in the UK and that's because you doctor pitches to suit your needs...and even then you only crawl over the line. Every time you come to Oz though you get a smashing.

As an Aussie, we always enjoy watching you Poms bash your own as soon as things go a little wrong, and then carry on like you're the greatest ever as soon as you actually win something. Let's not forget that your population is triple ours and still you battle to keep up with us on the sporting field...it's embarrassing for you.

i take it from your response my words hit a nerve.

i love that you think we battle to keep up with you on the sporting field. theres only one sport that matters, and we know who the better side is.

i like your response to everton toffee, maybe he'll listen to you.

With a defence of Coleman - Distin - Hibbert - Gosling.

Yes I'll completely agree with you. Neill would have been brilliant tonight. If he was eligible :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Um, you know the guy called Distin at the back? The guy who was responsible for 2-3 Benfica goals tonight? Yeh that guy. You know him? Well he adds credibility to the thread after tonights performance. Right back, left back, center back, left right out back. Neill needs to be on asap.

Mate we just lost 5-0. Now my thread has a lot of credibility.

why...?

cos distin had a bad game and the rest were out of position?? to be honest id say neill should be better than a couple of kids and a small full back in the centre...you're a prick and no one will want to be arsed with you after tonight

why...?

cos distin had a bad game and the rest were out of position?? to be honest id say neill should be better than a couple of kids and a small full back in the centre...you're a prick and no one will want to be arsed with you after tonight

haha. You guys are can give me crap. Now you can't admit you were wrong. Distin has been horrible since we have signed him. We will be lucky not to get relegated this year.

I must be the only realistic everton fan!

But I thought your argument was about hoofing? Now you're talking about defending. Is there anything else that Neill is better at? Should we just let Neill manage?

I'm not in anyway opposed to having Neill play, I am however taking exception to the fact any defensive mistake will be seized on by you as evidence that Neill should have been playing when you previously said you wanted Neill on for his ball play.

Seamus Coleman is one of my favourite Everton players, but I don't call for him to play when I know there are better players to play there.

Neill may or may not be the right switch. I'd much rather see Heitinga in at centre-half and Hibbert moved to the right with Yobo coming into the centre too.

EDIT: Distin's been quality for us besides the last 2 games.

Edited by Grarghsies

distin hasnt been crap he had a bad game tonight granted...coleman at fault for 1st goal, fellaini for 2nd and arguably the 3rd but id say thats harsh...distin for the 4th and hibbert for the 5th from what i read on bbc...thats 1 goal at fault for not 2-3! you just cant see past your blinkered vision of your bessie mate neill if he was that good he wouldnt have been on a free end of!

But I thought your argument was about hoofing? Now you're talking about defending. Is there anything else that Neill is better at? Should we just let Neill manage?

I'm not in anyway opposed to having Neill play, I am however taking exception to the fact any defensive mistake will be seized on by you as evidence that Neill should have been playing when you previously said you wanted Neill on for his ball play.

Seamus Coleman is one of my favourite Everton players, but I don't call for him to play when I know there are better players to play there.

Neill may or may not be the right switch. I'd much rather see Heitinga in at centre-half and Hibbert moved to the right with Yobo coming into the centre too.

EDIT: Distin's been quality for us besides the last 2 games.

If you guys can't see it now. You never will. May as well not even watch the everton game.

Im not going to respond to the childish arguments. Put simply im right.

Why? We lost 5-0 and Distin was pumping it long and getting beaten by his man.

If you guys can't see it now. You never will. May as well not even watch the everton game.

Im not going to respond to the childish arguments. Put simply im right.

Why? We lost 5-0 and Distin was pumping it long and getting beaten by his man.

what would neill do different take on the 10 outfield players and slot it home? just fuck off the last thing we need is a dickhead like you talkin shite after that performance

what would neill do different take on the 10 outfield players and slot it home? just fuck off the last thing we need is a dickhead like you talkin shite after that performance

With fans like you who needs wins? Seems like your happy to lose. And the 11 on the park tonight were great?

Im not fucking off. How bout you fuck off and open your eyes.

im not sayin they were great im sayin neill isnt a superman and i would be annoyed if he didnt do better than any of the defence tonight but we dont need you spoutin shite when we have just lost like that! you seem to think neill is amazing when he isnt anything better than a squad player!

Yeh and im not saying Distin isn't a good defender. he seems a bit out of form. And im not sure why Neill didn't get a run tonight?

Maybe watch the goals again. Notice Distin man is unmarked how many times? If you guys can't see that adds credbility to this thread. Than all hope is lost. Its common soccer knowledge now!

well if you noticed the 1st goal was colemans fault and 2 of the other goals were from gosling getting outpaced... i thought distin played well tonight best defender on the field for everton

Edited by efc-murph