• Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Leon Osman
    • Louis Saha
    • Aiyegbeni Yakubu
    • Jo
    • Marouane Fellaini

pollresizear5.jpg

_46566537_everton_getty.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Rodwell 85

Pienaar 71

Saha 65

Hibbert 56

Fellaini 41

Bilyaletdinov 38

Howard 33

Distin 25

Osman 23

Heitinga 19

Yobo 13

Cahill 13

Baines 11

João Alves Jô 4

Neville 2

Gosling 2

Yakubu 2

MOTM winners....

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Leighton Baines for me!....liked his free kick just at the end.Not his actual shot, but the couple of metres he managed to roll and reach from the position of the foul.Shame it didn't go in......mind you we didn't deserve it :(

Mate we should change these threads to who is your favourite player?

Baines had a terrible first half. His crosses were way to long all the time.

Billy was soft in the first half, needs to bulk up.

No bullshit Cahill had a good game. Set up the goal. And didn't give possession away. Did i mention he won about three million headers?

So Cahill 1st and Billy 2. Thought that was quite clear. Yakubu 3rd but he wasn't on long enough.

No bullshit Cahill had a good game.

So Cahill 1st and Billy 2.

And all without a hint of irony :mellow: .

Why is it do you suppose that I knew 100% who you'd voted for before I looked at this post ET?

Priceless.

Baines had a terrible first half. His crosses were way to long all the time.

Billy was soft in the first half, needs to bulk up.

No bullshit Cahill had a good game. Set up the goal. And didn't give possession away. Did i mention he won about three million headers?

So Cahill 1st and Billy 2. Thought that was quite clear. Yakubu 3rd but he wasn't on long enough.

I missed the first half so I kinda voted on the 2nd half, my privilege I believe!

My favorite Everton player......I haven't had one of them since I was about sixteen!In hindsight Bily wasn't too shabby, but as this is only a bit of fun, I'm pretty sure were not going to fall out over it!

Its a toughie this week - NO-ONE had a good game IMO

Yes, Billy scored and played some great passes - but the number of corners he couldnt get past the first man was awful (resulting in Baynesy taking them later - with much the same results). He isnt blessed with pace and was checking back instead of driving forward, taking his man on and dribbling

Cahill showed some passion but his touch was often way off - although he did well lifting their player off the floor, Osman was poor, Saha unlucky with little service, even the ever reliable Distin made a mistake (not following Doyle)! I thought Timmy H might have got sent off too for raising his hands.

Things did change with the later subs - but i think at home against these type of teams we should be starting with 2 up front instead of inviting them onto us - which breeds confidence for them and their fans. We looked far better in the last 5 mins.

Credit to Wolves - they played well, i dont think we ever really got going.....with Arteta,pienaar and a fit yak we can look forward to battering teams like this, but without them we resort to too many long balls

Edited by 11.sheedy

fairly tough call agree Yakubu did a good job when he came on and made a difference.

Bilya played some lovely passes, especially that first time pass from the half way line that landed straight to Saha inside the box, however you can still see he's got a lot of settling in to the Premiership to go yet.

I didn't notice a lot of cahill though his chance that he crossed for someone else after Bilya's chance was saved I don't understand why he didn't shoot. He looked pretty solid around the pitch and some nice touches of wht I saw though.

Baines looked very good going forward I thought, don't recall his defending as much which is what he generally gets stick for.

Billy had a decent game but was pushed off the ball far too easily at times. Ive gone with Rodwell (so thats 2 of us). OK so hes played better but his composure impresses me, he hardly ever panics and while he didnt do anything flash for me he was solid and was one of our better players v Wolves, although he was playing more of a defensive midfield role so could appear to some to maybe have "gone missing" to those that just have eyes for Cahill. Cahill was alright but thats about all, unless youre Australian then you were probably watching a different game where Cahill was instrumental in everything and shouldve scored 12.

Aussies sometimes have a problem looking at things objectively. At times they remind me of kopites.

EvertonToffees is a prime example.

Edited by Maghull70

Billy had a decent game but was pushed off the ball far too easily at times. Ive gone with Rodwell (so thats 2 of us). OK so hes played better but his composure impresses me, he hardly ever panics and while he didnt do anything flash for me he was solid and was one of our better players v Wolves, although he was playing more of a defensive midfield role so could appear to some to maybe have "gone missing" to those that just have eyes for Cahill. Cahill was alright but thats about all, unless youre Australian then you were probably watching a different game where Cahill was instrumental in everything and shouldve scored 12.

Aussies sometimes have a problem looking at things objectively. At times they remind me of kopites.

Mate rodwell probably touched the ball 15 times in the game. And they were all simple passes. Crazy pick!

I was watching in that first half and i thought wolves were constantly fouling billy that wasnt winning free kicks and that sort of got to him a bit

was great to see him get a goal and baines bloody hell i thought it was going in for a second

When that wolves player got sent off in injury time it took about 1 min out of stoppage time but it wasnt put back in?

Well Im from Liverpool and I thought Cahill was our best midfielder, even if he did miss a sitter.

I think the term best of a bad bunch springs to mind.

I cant understand why we played 2 defensive midfielders at home to Wolves, we were never under any real pressure and so it meant that we were carrying Rodders and Johhny H ( who IMO is definitely not a midfielder anyway), for mot of the game

I thought Bily played some brilliant passes at times but he was also too lightweight and his corners were awful. I thought our defence was solid enough except for the error for thier goal, but then thats Yobo all over, and to be fair Distin should have covered him anyway its basic defending.

So I went for Jo even though he wasnt on the pitch long because at least he was prepared to bring the ball down and run at defenders as he did for the goal

Well Im from Liverpool and I thought Cahill was our best midfielder, even if he did miss a sitter.

I think the term best of a bad bunch springs to mind.

I cant understand why we played 2 defensive midfielders at home to Wolves, we were never under any real pressure and so it meant that we were carrying Rodders and Johhny H ( who IMO is definitely not a midfielder anyway), for mot of the game

I thought Bily played some brilliant passes at times but he was also too lightweight and his corners were awful. I thought our defence was solid enough except for the error for thier goal, but then thats Yobo all over, and to be fair Distin should have covered him anyway its basic defending.

So I went for Jo even though he wasnt on the pitch long because at least he was prepared to bring the ball down and run at defenders as he did for the goal

If only more people saw the game like us and not with there favourite player blinkers on. Nice post!

"So I went for Jo even though he wasnt on the pitch long because at least he was prepared to bring the ball down and run at defenders as he did for the goal"

- - - -

He ran beyond the defenders onto a through ball, he didnt as you said " bring the ball down and run at defenders", but I'm not disputing your choice. ;)

Not a very inspiring performance to choose a man of the match. For me, I thought Bily, wasa actually quite poor and I dont really remember seeing those 'brilliant passes', Rodwell went missing, his passes went astray and lacked a little know-how yetaerday againsy a packed tenacious midfield. the defence looked shaky at times although I though Hibbert was unlucky to be sacrificed at half time, it could easily have been Heittinga. My MOM however, goes to Yakubu, he showed some good first touches, put himself about and brought us into the game as a more attacking force.

p.s I think Moyes negativity against the 'lesser teams' in playing one man up front is getting tiresome, I can see the validity against the stronger, skilful midfield teams and the need for extra bodies in there. Against Stoke and yesterday, we fianlly looked more potent when we went with two up front. Any chance of any more of that.

cahill missed a sitter and then when we had a decent number forward smashed a 30 yard half volley that was never gonna go in flyin over the bar...he puts himself about a bit but not nearly enough to warrant a motm! yak for me he changed the game and should have started imo!

where's jags though he's my favourite and i wasn't allowed to vote for him :(

I went for Johnny, I dont think anyone had a perfect game yesterday but I was really imressed with ow Johnny was really trying to get the crowd going and how he was trying to organise players. He was putting himself forwards as a leader when we didnt have anyone on the pitch really wanting to step it up.

Lol each to thier own and all that but I thought he stood out as being the worst player on the pitch in the first half and, think Hibbert was a bit unlucky to be the one to wake way at half time, and I dont think he got much betterin the second half

But then again it was such a poor performance that you could argue against any player getting man of the match I suppose

Rodwell for me. He looks like he has been playing for years in the 1st team and is only 18, I continue to be impressed by him. He did nothing spectacular but neither did anyone on the pitch.

A little confused with so much hype for Bily...he looked good but at the same time looks way off the pace. Maybe he has the same translator as Fellaini. :lol: (joke...)

Not a very inspiring performance to choose a man of the match. For me, I thought Bily, wasa actually quite poor and I dont really remember seeing those 'brilliant passes', Rodwell went missing, his passes went astray and lacked a little know-how yetaerday againsy a packed tenacious midfield. the defence looked shaky at times although I though Hibbert was unlucky to be sacrificed at half time, it could easily have been Heittinga. My MOM however, goes to Yakubu, he showed some good first touches, put himself about and brought us into the game as a more attacking force.

p.s I think Moyes negativity against the 'lesser teams' in playing one man up front is getting tiresome, I can see the validity against the stronger, skilful midfield teams and the need for extra bodies in there. Against Stoke and yesterday, we fianlly looked more potent when we went with two up front. Any chance of any more of that.

Gosh I really hope so...I mean if anybody tries something enough and notices a result they'll have to take notice, right?