IGNORED

Benfica (Away)

FairWooney

A very tough game against a proven european outfit and Champions League regulars.

Benfica have won 6 of their first 7 games of the season, drawing the other. They've scored 24 goals and conceeded 4.

Obviously tough to compare the leagues easily with the Portugese league not being all that strong. Benfica won their last game 6-0 away from home but then they lost their last Europa game to a team we beat 4-0!

We seem to play pretty well in the European games (though the last game we weren't great but did the job) but I really hope Piennar is back as he is a huge miss when he's not playing. He adds some pace to the team that we otherwise lack as well as his creativity and general hard work.

I'm going to this game, off to Madrid on Tuesday and going to Real Madrid v AC Milan on Wednesday night. Should be a cracker. Getting to Lison on Thursday and staying with a mate there for the weekend.

My prediction.

2-2 - we'll go 1-0 down then come back and go 2-1 up before conceeding again (though i'd take the 2-1!)

scorers - Saha and Fellaini

We need to watch out for Ramires. He looks brilliant. Young Brazilian play-maker. He could and probably will, rip us a new arsehole. I'm not confident about this game but still really looking forward to it. Games like this is what Europe is all about.

4 goals in 6 games it says already and very highly rated but i reckon we can do this to be honest ive just got a feeling it could be our year in europe...

1-0 rodwell :)

on a possitive note they couldn't beat a pretty shoddy looking AEK Athens.

Having spent a bit of time on bluekipper I can see Lisbon is certainly going to be pretty blue on Thursday!

I think if we can get something out of this game then it'll give us plenty of confidence for the tournament as there aren't many better teams in the tournament.

We need to watch out for Ramires. He looks brilliant. Young Brazilian play-maker. He could and probably will, rip us a new arsehole. I'm not confident about this game but still really looking forward to it. Games like this is what Europe is all about.

Such a descriptive, vivid picture that paints :lol::lol:

I will go for the 2-0 win, Hibbertoni and Saha to score.

(I am now officially obsessed that Hibbert will score at some point this season)

we need to stand strong, and i just hope theres not too much pressure on rodwell, too young to deal with everything in the middle, id like to see cahill run round causing havock.

osman would play good in a game like this i think, work work work

but yeah, they will play to win

His moment of glory (30 yarder) overshadowed by another stroke of genius from our heroic "talismanic" captain of the time :rolleyes: .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1900942.stm

It's amazing to think how far we've come since then, look at the team from that day!

Everton: Simonsen, Watson, Weir, Stubbs, Pistone, Alexandersson, Gemmill, Unsworth, Blomqvist (Chadwick 70), Ferguson (sent off 20), Radzinski (Linderoth 89).

Subs Not Used: Gerrard, Cleland, Ginola.

What I Would Pick:

--- --- --- Howard ----- --- ---

Gosling --- Hibbert --- Distin --- Baines

Osman --- Cahill --- Fellaini --- Bilyaletdinov

--- ---Saha --- --- Yakubu --- ---

What I Think Moyes Will Pick:

--- --- --- Howard ----- --- ---

Gosling --- Hibbert --- Distin --- Baines

Osman --- Cahill --- Rodwell --- Bilyaletdinov

--- --- Fellaini --- --- --- ---

--- --- ---Saha --- --- --- ---

I would be happy with an away draw, considering half of our team is injured. I'm gonna go for a 1-1 draw.

i would like to see everton play 2 up front, possibly

-----------------------Howard

Gosling----Hibbo---------------Distin------------------Baines

---------------------Rodders

-----Osman------------------------------------Felli

-----------------------Cahill

-----------Yak----------------------Jo

Subs

Coleman

Saha

Nash

Wallace

Duffy

Akpan

Baxter/Agard

i would like to see everton play 2 up front, possibly

-----------------------Howard

Gosling----Hibbo---------------Distin------------------Baines

---------------------Rodders

-----Osman------------------------------------Felli

-----------------------Cahill

-----------Yak----------------------Jo

Subs

Coleman

Saha

Nash

Wallace

Duffy

Akpan

Baxter/Agard

No Billy!!??

5-0 drubbing Im afraid

LOL

i know that you must NEVER underestimate a portuguese team..but everton is never going to be outclassed like that by benfica.

and if they are, it is because of the gods trying to make me look like a fool on toffeetalk.

I hope the same gods are offering a good stream online, don't want to miss this one!

edit: my prono.. I'm going for a 1-1

Edited by Churinga