IGNORED

Benfica (Away)

FairWooney

............Howard

Gosling Hibbert Distin Baines

......Bily Felli Rodwell Jo

............Cahill

........Saha/Yak

That's my guess he has played jo out wide a few times now and he seems to be able put in a decent ball so could be a good thing who knows...he'll stick with gosling at right back i reckon cos he's the most experienced we have there apart from hibbert who will most likely be at cb...i hope he doesnt move rodwell back to cb cos we will then lose that bit of class in centre of midfield

howard

..coleman....duffy....distan....baines

gosling....fill...tim....billy

saha....yak

1 nil win...duffy header from a corner, (I WISH) :rolleyes:

I agree with starting Duffy for this one but getting rid of Hibbo would be foolish IMO. He aint the best but we need experience today more than ever, also I would definatly have Rodwell in midfield. He's been the only stand-out midfielder this season really. I'd bring him in in place of one of the strikers, probably Yak.

gosling...hibbot...distan....coleman???, and maybe push baines on the left wing, would take the pressure for the defence a bit... gonna be a tight game me thinks :huh:

The squad I would prefer would probably be:-

Howard

Hibbert Duffy Distin Baines

Gosling Felli Rodders Bily

Cahill

Saha

No one playing out of position, if we bring in Duffy for this game then he will need stability around him, it will be a big ask for his debut especially with there attacking options. If we risk him then we need to keep as much stability around him as possible.

Try and take pressure off the defence, get our midfield in their faces, press everything. Give them no return or time on the ball, Benfice crave space and the width of their pitch gives them an advantage.

i think two upfront is a must if im honest, attack is the best defense as they say and if we can score midway (just before half time) and then go out the blocks again after the break, it will crap them up and hopefully cause a few errors.

If not, i can see us getting a very very rude wake-up call. At the end of the day, we've put ourselves in the position of 'the team to beat' in our group, so Benfica know that a good result for them tonight will make life a tad easier.

I think the line-up will be (should be)

GK - Howard

RB - Gosling

CB- Distin and Hibbert

LB - Baines

CDM - Rodwell

CM - Fellaini

RM - Cahill

LM - Bily

STR - Jo and Saha

It will be murder not to....or if Moyes is very risque' (we know he wont) a 4-3-3 isnt a bad shout with Yak and Jo as wingers...it wont happen tho!

.................. howard.................

coleman..... hibbert... distin..... baines

bily .. cahill .. rodwell .. fellaini .. jo

.................. saha ..................

You saw it here First. ;) Bench .. nash. yak. duffy. gosling. akpan. Wallace.

.................. howard.................

coleman..... hibbert... distin..... baines

bily .. cahill .. rodwell .. fellaini .. jo

.................. saha ..................

You saw it here First. ;) Bench .. nash. yak. duffy. gosling. akpan. Wallace.

ive just read on the main website baines is the 11th player unavailable, coleman left back, gosling right back

Cahill caption - as expected