Benfica (Away)

FairWooney

I would plump for this team

--------Howard------------

Coleman Hibbert Distin Baines

Gosling Rodwell Fellaini Bily

------Cahill---------------

------------Saha-----------

Basically I think we're fucked. They look very good in attack when I have seen them play, in particular there young Brazillian Ramires. If we can get a point from there then we will have done amazingly.

Think we could see...

...............Howard............

Gosling...Hibbo...Distin...Baines

........Rodwell.....Felli........

...............Cahill............

Jo..........................Billy

.................Saha............

With our lack of defensive options attack has got to be our best option, I don't think this team could go 90mins without conceeding. I am really looking forward to tomorrow and just hope we put on a positive display - I'd love us to just go for it from the start!

Hibbo for captain I reckon....bound to score :) .

Tough game but great to be involved at places like Benfica. Wish I was there :) .

Fully agree. I'm worried but looking forward to this. This is what it's all about. We have started well in the group so far and a loss is not the worse thing in the world tomorrow, especially considering the depleted squad we are taking over. Unlike alot of Liverpool fans I know though I wont blame a "injury crisis". Pah, Injury crisis is that rafa? Do me a favour, come to our physio room and you'll see a real injury crisis.

COYB!!! Also, I would give captaincy to Cahill for this game.

Really don't know what sort of team DM is likely to put out, obviously in defence we will have Baines Distin & Hibbert but who is going to fill the other spot?

Will he put Hibbo in the centre again and draft in Coleman or Gosling or will he leave Hibbo at right back and bring in Duffy or Rodwell at centre back?

Saha will almost certainly be alone up front, Fellaini, Cahill and Bilyaletdinov will all start but who else will be there depends on what he does with the defence, Wallace, Baxter, Gosling, Rodders who knows?

My prediction is Howard, Hibbert, Duffy, Distin, Baines, Gosling Cahill ©, Rodwell, Fellaini, Bilyaletdinov, Saha.

Would be happy to come away with a draw to be honest but i fear a loss 0-2

I hate to be negative (it is a rarity for me) but i have a horrible feeling we're screwed tonight. We're travelling with one recognised centre back, and if Moyes wants to stick to 4-5-1, he'll either have to start Wallace (surely not an option) or play Jo, Saha, Yakubu or Agard out of position out wide.

I know we were short at BATE, but Benfica is a very different proposition. I hope I'm wrong, but at this stage I'd be delighted with a draw

i really dont want this game to happen! The only positives i can think of are that Seamus may get a run out (been interested in seeing him, keep hearing very good things) and King Louis is back. Possible 4-3-3/4-4-2 anyone?

............Howard

Coleman Hibbert Distin Baines

......Felli Rodwell Billy

............Cahill

........Yak.......Saha

not a bad line up but still brown trousers time i think. 2 last things to give us hope; 1. we are usually at our best when pressure is on and odds are against us, 2. They got beat by AEK....

I´m trying to watch the game in Scandinavia, does anyone have a good stream to offer ? Would be much appriciated.

Dont know if you can get british TV over there or not but we could be on ITV it starts broadcasting from about 5.30pm through to 10pm showing 2 live games and we are one of the Early Kick Offs, I cant find anywhere that says which games they are showing but we might just turn out to be one of them.

Dont know if you can get british TV over there or not but we could be on ITV it starts broadcasting from about 5.30pm through to 10pm showing 2 live games and we are one of the Early Kick Offs, I cant find anywhere that says which games they are showing but we might just turn out to be one of them.

dont think were on ITV (would love to be proven wrong!) theyre showin the Lazio game and then Celtic after. havent checked Ch5 yet though...

They're showing Lazio/Villarreal followed by Celtic/Hamburg Bill. Highlights of our game will be on at the end but it's only live on ESPN :angry: .

Edited by MikeO
Oooh...an echo! Channel 5 is Fulham/Roma.

They're showing Lazio/Villarreal followed by Celtic/Hamburg Bill. Highlights of our game will be on at the end but it's only live on ESPN :angry: .

Ah cheers Mike, i should be able to watch it then, Virgin Media are offering 3 months free trial of ESPN and i still have a month to go on mine. :D

Just to clarify something about our TV rights for Europa Cup. This is at least correct for the entire group stage.

All home games will be shown on 5ive

All away games will be shown on ESPN

The ESPN deal isn't actually bad at all. £9 a month, Europa Leage, Premier League, Eredivise, French League, German League and Italian League. Coverage is pretty poor at the moment but you get alot for your money.

regarding the team tonight i would prefer:

howard

hibbert rodwell distin baines

gosling felliani cahill billy

yakubu saha

think this would be our strongest line up against a tricky opposition, personally i wouldn't like to throw hibbo in at cb against the quality they have

I'd prefer to keep Rodders in the middle of the park and either play Hibbo at centre back and bring in Coleman for the right back, or bring in Duffy for his debut at centre back. Also this is one time where I actually would want to play 5 in the middle of the park. With there level of skill we need to pack the midfield and with two up front we'll get ripped apart simply because of our weakened defence.

Edited by jamiemaher85