IGNORED

Man Of The Match V Benfica

MikeO

MOTM v Benfica  

29 members have voted

1. 1. ?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?

• Tim Howard
    • Dan Gosling
    • Tony Hibbert
    • Sylvain Distin
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Aiyegbeni Yakubu
    • João Alves Jô
    • Louis Saha
    • Jose Baxter

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Rodwell 88

Pienaar 71

Saha 65

Bilyaletdinov 57

Hibbert 56

Fellaini 42

Howard 33

Distin 26

Osman 23

Heitinga 20

Cahill 16

Yobo 13

Baines 13

Yakubu 12

João Alves Jô 6

Neville 2

Gosling 2

MOTM winners....

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Angel Dí Maria was a different level tonight... gosling was very very poor tonight, jo is shite and what was howard doing on the 5th goal???? the first half i think we played well but the 2nd half benfica rose to the challenge, i would prob give MOTM to distin if it wernt for him we could have lost about 7-0

Saha, he at least hit the post and always looks dangerous.

I thought Coleman looked OK, he is good going forward but his defending needs some work. For a young nobody on his first full game he looked good.

I have been good so far this season but Fellaini was utter shite...there I said it. :D Oh and Cahill looked shocking, worst I have seen from him. If we actually had a midfield it would have been a bit better...oh well.

Honestly, No-One deserves MOTM. Someone said that they gave it to Saha coz he hit the post and sadly that is what it comes down to. Think if I had to vote for anyone then Saha is the only candidate for that reason alone.

We were totally outclassed. OK so we had a pathetic makeshift defence but they closed us down in all parts of the ground and I was well impressed with Benfica. I still think we will have 'em at Goodison though.

Fail to see how some players like Coleman, Gosling and Hibbert can get votes (and no points for guessing as to who voted for Cahill).

One almost positive was that rasping shot on the volley from Billy. If that had gone in (and it wasnt that far away) it wouldve been goal of the season.

Shite performance BUT half the team was missing so its not the end of the world. (glass half full and all).

Edited by Maghull70

I gave my vote to coleman, you could see he tried his arse off there. not ideal for your debut. and remember, 12 months ago he was playing in the irish leagues, and last night found himself in an away european tie at Benfica!

Distin needs credit becuase he had the hardest job in football last night.

massive credit to benfica, they ripped us apart and they have some truely different class players to us. their fans must be very excited about this team right now, scoring goals for fun!

id like to see us there with a full strength team, maybe next year.

Any chance we can vote for our support. The Eagle that flies down into the centre circle before Benfica games made better moves than all of our players put together.

I have always advocated that a man of the match should always be available as no matter how bad you where someone has to be better than someone else..................however, on that performance that theory may have been blown out of the water BUT I will stick to my principle and my vote goes for Howard. If people thought Disitn had a tough job marshalling the defence then Howard had a tougher job protecting it and he did make a couple of decent stops late on to save further embarrassment.