IGNORED

Jags

jofanon

be honest i can't decide the defence looks frail for some reason especially without yobo but even with him looks a bit dodgy at times cos we're making mistakes every match and jags made 1 in the whole season...but we look lost in midfield too when we get the ball and rodwell desperately needs a rest so i just can't decide

i would go with Arteta over Jags at the moment, purely because i think the midfield needs the help and isnt protecting the defence. We cant hold it up in midfield and cant go forward with it, so the ball has to go back where it is launched upfield.

We need the creativity to push back teams, that will take a lot of pressure of the back 4. A true replacement of Lee Carsely would also come in very, very handy...

Id say Jags. We need a real leader at the back to take control, plus for me he should be the captain after Neville. I always thought Jags and Joey together were our best CB partnership for parts of last year. Saying that I can completely understand the Arteta view. Without him or Pienaar we have no ability to hold the ball and pass intelligently in the midfield. Rodwell tries his heart out but he needs a break as Davey says.

I cant wait until the whole team (more or less) is back and playing together. Its a real shame our season ended like this last season (injuries) and started this season (performances and injuries).

I'd love to have Jags back, I think he's been our best and most committed defender for the past two seasons. On the other hand, I agree with the other posts here that we need more ability in the midfield. I do believe that with the players available now, we should have a defence which is a lot better than what we have seen over the past few games, however, our main weakness has been passing the ball and keeping hold of it in the centre of the park and creating chances - for that reason I think Arteta would just pip it for me.

Jags first. We need to stop bending over in the back field before we can worry about creating goals from the midfield. I mean if we're not scoring every game with the yak and/or king louis up front then we have more problems that mikky being out. So yeah, i'd have JAgs back first, but Arteta shortly (like 3hrs) after Jags' return.

Personally I'd prefer Arteta. The better possession and play making we have the harder it is for our opponents to create chances, thus indirectly helping the defense. In addition, I think we're really having trouble up top. Against Villa at least, all our balls in the final third were just going over the top or just sloppy touches, we really needed some composure.

I think I'd have to go with Jags. How many times this season has the back four just seemed to lose it for a bit and let in an easy goal? I can think of one time just yesterday in fact, and I'm sure everyone else can too. It's been one of the biggest problems all season. I think with Jagielka's commitment and leadership in back, stuff like this will get cleaned up right away. That being said, the other biggest problem has to be lack of creativity in midfield, which is an argument for Arteta. Neither can be back too soon of course.

I think I'd have to go with Jags. How many times this season has the back four just seemed to lose it for a bit and let in an easy goal? I can think of one time just yesterday in fact, and I'm sure everyone else can too. It's been one of the biggest problems all season. I think with Jagielka's commitment and leadership in back, stuff like this will get cleaned up right away. That being said, the other biggest problem has to be lack of creativity in midfield, which is an argument for Arteta. Neither can be back too soon of course.

This is true, we probably wouldn't have conceded on Saturday had Jags been there, since we had about 40 chances to get the ball out of the box.

It would be great to have Jags back playing at the standard he was before he got injured. The reality is though, that we can't imagine that having Jags back in the side will be a panacea for the defensive frailties we've shown ini the past month or so. It's going to take a few matches to get up to full fitness and until then we can't expect him to be at anywhere near the level he was back in March/April. Remember what he was like the first few months he arrived at the club.

Hopefully he's back and playing soon and gets a bit of time to get up to full speed before some divs start complainin that he hasn't made an immediate impact.

Personally I'd prefer Arteta. The better possession and play making we have the harder it is for our opponents to create chances, thus indirectly helping the defense. In addition, I think we're really having trouble up top. Against Villa at least, all our balls in the final third were just going over the top or just sloppy touches, we really needed some composure.

Yeah your right mate, very good view on things

Completly agree to this, i think all cogs need to be turning to take pressure off the others, and i think at the minute too, we have a very strong attacking threat unfortunately we dont have that one person to unlock the defenses and utilise the strengths we have upfront.

It would be great to have Jags back playing at the standard he was before he got injured. The reality is though, that we can't imagine that having Jags back in the side will be a panacea for the defensive frailties we've shown ini the past month or so. It's going to take a few matches to get up to full fitness and until then we can't expect him to be at anywhere near the level he was back in March/April. Remember what he was like the first few months he arrived at the club.Hopefully he's back and playing soon and gets a bit of time to get up to full speed before some divs start complainin that he hasn't made an immediate impact.

And completely agree with the bold statement, i think people are going to be shocked. Jagielka will be back yes but see him after a couple of weeks, he will need easing in rather than thrown in, and it will take a longer time than people think! same with Arteta though (who's going to have been out abit longer), he will take months to get back to his full amazing best!