IGNORED

New Mortgage?

Louis

• 9 months later...

Just been renewed for another year..

http://www.scribd.co...012-FAPL-Income

£14m borrowed against TV money for 2011/12 season

According to News of the world - £9m of that will pay off the previous mortgage.

EVERTON have taken out a £14million loan - but manager David Moyes will not be making a big splash in what is left of the transfer window.

The club have borrowed the money from leading bank Investec against some of the media rights cash that they are due to receive this season.

But £9m of the loan will go to repay a similar mortgage taken out last year.

The rest has been used to sign Magaye Gueye and to fund new deals for Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill, Jack Rodwell, Leighton Baines and Seamus Coleman.

I think we had this debate last year somewhere, i'm only getting this info from newspaper articles so i dont know for definite. Each club starts off with a 30 million cut of the pot then what you see in that link is what they can earn on top. I've been trying to find the link i found last year but i cant.

This is why they are talking about the championship play-off being a 50 million game.

Found this from 2007.

Arsenal's failure to reach the quarter-finals of Europe's top club competition cost them several millions - but their total figure of £44.14million was still £14million more than north London rivals Spurs, who had a total of £30.55million.

Relegated Watford were the Premiership's lowest earners with £17.98million (2007)

Found this from 2008 it gives some idea of how the money is distributed but still doesnt tell you how much.

Of the £1 billion that comes to the league, 50 per cent is distributed equally between all clubs, 25 per cent is paid out according to the finishing places, and 25 per cent according to the number of television appearances. The result is that there is a 1.6:1 ratio in earnings between the top and bottom clubs.

The lowest payment paid out in 2007-08 was £30 million to Reading, but even relegated clubs get a golden handshake worth £11.4 million for the two years after they leave the Premiership.

The bottom 3 clubs this season went down with 30-31-and 32 million plus their TV money, and the parachute payments are now spread over 4 years.

We must be devouring money in other area's to have absolutely nothing left for transfers. That's worrying :mellow:.

Arteta's wage bill is about £3.9m now. I reckon we have probably sixteen players who earn between £2/3m so if you average them out at £2.5 that all comes to £43.9m.

Then the rest of the squad and the manager and coaching staff probably want paying too :unsure: .

So then if you take the other fourteen first-teamers and give them an average of £500,000 a year (though some like Hibbo & Ossie will be on considerably more) that's £7m.

Add it up and it comes to just short of £54m.

That's quite a bit to put by before looking at transfer funds :( .

So then if you take the other fourteen first-teamers and give them an average of £500,000 a year (though some like Hibbo & Ossie will be on considerably more) that's £7m.

Add it up and it comes to just short of £54m.

That's quite a bit to put by before looking at transfer funds :( .

I think with the £30m that all teams start with, the £28m mentioned in that NSNO article, then you have the ground receipts of 20 million a season, the Chang sponsor money, and the retail and shirt profits.

Total them all up and it must add up to £80m or more.

Are Stoke in a better position than we are ?? they seem to have a lot of money to buy players, yet they've only been in the prem for 2 seasons. :huh:

Been searching for days and at last i've found it, if anybody wants to read it its here ...........

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/05/16/the-premier-league-where-the-money-went-in-2009-10/

""From next season, when the income streams from the recently negotiated (and improved) 2010-13 TV deals kicks in, the central funds income will climb again, by up to a third. In other words, being the worst team in the Premier League next season, and finishing bottom, will be worth around £40m from central funds alone.""

6 Teams in the championship are still getting £12m pounds each, parachute payments. :blink:

How are EFC always skint when they never spend anything.???