• GOSLING
    • CAHILL
    • RODWELL
    • FELLAINI
    • BILYALETINOV
    • YAKUBU
    • JO

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Rodwell 91

Saha 88

Pienaar 71

Bilyaletdinov 70

Hibbert 62

Fellaini 49

Howard 38

Distin 34

Heitinga 27

Osman 23

Cahill 21

Baines 17

Yakubu 15

Yobo 13

Neill 10

João Alves Jô 6

Gosling 5

Coleman 3

Neville 2

MOTM winners....

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

im going with Howard, without whom it wouldve been a repeat of the away game. I thought Screech was very good in the first half, as were Billy, Baines, Hibbert and the Yak. 2nd half, they all disappeared.

Gosling shouldnt be allowed on the pitch again, nor should Jo (im fed up of defending him now, he just cant deal with the EPL or Europe). As for the rest, they didnt do enough to get a mention, which could be a good thing, could be bad. I leave it to you...

Edited by galacticaracnid

lads!

agree about gosling hes young, but so naive! its so frustrating to watch man. felly is shite! no awareness, ball control is shite, but yet i'd still have him in the team as he can win a header, i went for yak as altho gave the ball away alot seemed to be thinking one step ahead of the others, and hes strong on the ball... i like the yak, as for Jo, well, the less said the better, pony.

our squad is worrying thin at the moment, dreading man united, come on the back room team and psysios!! coyb

Men against boys.....again.

Tactically inept.......couldnt string two passes together.

Frustratingly bad tonight, why cant Hibbert pass the bleedin' ball? (he wasnt the only culprit though).

We looked clueless probably due to the fact that Moyes had no plan.

Went with Howard for MOTM. :grrr:

I voted for Baines but probably should have gone for Howard.

Thought Felli was probably our best player in the fist half but much like most of the side was useless in the second half.

I just thought Benfica stepped up a gear in he second half, once they realized how crap we were, and we couldnt get near them

I voted for howard which is saying something! As an outfield player i was going to give it to baines as he never stopped running, seemed like the only one trying sometimes. We have absolutly nothing going forward at the moment, i feel embarrased eusebio was there last night, and we played like yeovil town .. Some serious ass kicking needs to be done in that dressing room, its just one hell of a downward spiral were on at the moment, going to west ham sunday too is gonna be just as bad i imagine. I know injuries etc, but we still have international players out there, with valutaions varying 9m+ But were second to everything, and our positioning for second balls is probably the worst int he prem, WE NEVER WIN A SECOND BALL! How many times do you see the ball get half cleared by the oppositon just for it to fall to another one of there players, we never see are players ont he end of thing, we actually had one or 2 chances last night, and wasted them badly

I think for the first time I have gone for Fellaini. The best of a poor bunch but at least he put himself about, won a few tackles and a fair few headers. Anyone else think that Moyes should ditch this 4-5-1 lark and try something else. It appears to me that everyone has got onto our style and the way we play and are beginning to be effectual in stopping us. This has happened most of the season, I know people will hark on about injuries etc but we need new impetus and now. Another worrying call, 3 league wins this season and they include a last second penalty winner against wigan and a lucky 1-0 win at Pompey.............ah well I'm off to Burnham on Sea for a couple of days before travelling over to Upton Park...oh! the joy!!!!! :P

i hate giving it to the keeper, but he made some truely top class saves last night, he didnt deserve that result. other than him, baines and felli, no one else really turned up, billy wasnt quite terrible.

from the other side of things, hats off to benfica, they were quality again. i wish we could pass a ball like they do.

I thought it was unfair that Benfica were allowed more players on the pitch than us - that's why they could pass it around us while we watched isnt it? :huh:

I've gone for Howard although there weren't a lot of candidates. I'm a big Rodwell fan but I think that was the poorest I've seen him play - he needs a rest with Heitinga back on Sunday.

We need the points at WH - so COYB!

Edited by SharpysVolley

I think for the first time I have gone for Fellaini. The best of a poor bunch but at least he put himself about, won a few tackles and a fair few headers. Anyone else think that Moyes should ditch this 4-5-1 lark and try something else. It appears to me that everyone has got onto our style and the way we play and are beginning to be effectual in stopping us. This has happened most of the season, I know people will hark on about injuries etc but we need new impetus and now. Another worrying call, 3 league wins this season and they include a last second penalty winner against wigan and a lucky 1-0 win at Pompey.............ah well I'm off to Burnham on Sea for a couple of days before travelling over to Upton Park...oh! the joy!!!!! :P

I dont think its really got much to do with the formation, it just goes down to the fact that we have no midfield. Rodwell was the only person in there for most of the game, which is why he appears to be playing so poorly because he simply has no help other than to go backwards.

My MOM would be between Baines and Felli. The worst IMO was Cahill, I dont know whether its the managers orders or his own doing but one of them has to get a fucking grip cos he just roams about the pitch like he has no responsibility. Only interested in going forward and it ruins any chance we have of keeping the ball.