Sign in to follow this  
iMac Hunt

Blues Vs Reds In Europa

Im not being Pessimistic but i think we'll finish second in the group stages.Then we will meet the RS in the last 16 of the Europa cup.I hope im wrong (or do i) but ive got a sneaky feeling its gonna happen.It will be mid march by then(correct me if im wrong)so hopefully Teta and Jags will be back and playing for us.Also by then Billy,Heitinga and even The Yak will be up to speed.If it was to happen it would be quite a game as i reckon by then it will be Ours and theirs only chance of winning anything.

Im not being Pessimistic but i think we'll finish second in the group stages.Then we will meet the RS in the next round of the Europa cup.I hope im wrong (or do i) but ive got a sneaky feeling its gonna happen.It will be mid feb by then(correct me if im wrong)so hopefully Teta and Jags will be back and playing for us.Also by then Billy,Heitinga and even The Yak will be up to speed.If it was to happen it would be quite a game as i reckon by then it will be Ours and theirs only chance of winning anything.

Has the draw been made already?

Can't play them in the next round....teams from the same country can't be drawn against each other until the last 16. Posted the UEFA regualtion somewhere a while back.

Edit: HERE...third post.

Why do people automatically assume we are going to go through, this is a tight group, athens will be tricky away, in all fairness we should beat bate at home, but teams liek this can cause problems, and have done in the past, metalist, and bucharest... Lets as someone mentioned concentrate on getting positive results from our remaining fixtures and see were that takes us.

has someone not already confirmed it's not possible to play them in the next round.

and as said lets just worry about qualifiying first which is still a good bit of work away yet.

COYB'S let work it in take them out in the quarters, semi's or even better the final!

So now we're through....and come February when the knock-out starts we'll hopefully have Arteta, Jags, Ossie and Pip back, we'll have Heitinga available (and Neill) and maybe the odd new January signing.

With our strongest eleven (or close to it) out I reckon we can beat anyone in this.....be amazing to go all the way :) . Could just happen.

We can't draw another English team (RS or Fulham) or Benfica in the round of 32, but after that it's an open draw.

I'm soo glad we can't play Benfica. I hope they go out first round.

So now we're through....and come February when the knock-out starts we'll hopefully have Arteta, Jags, Ossie and Pip back, we'll have Heitinga available (and Neill) and maybe the odd new January signing.

With our strongest eleven (or close to it) out I reckon we can beat anyone in this.....be amazing to go all the way :) . Could just happen.

good to see someone keeping the faith!

I believe a very good campaign is possible too! And hopefully the blues make a stop somewhere in the low countries:)

And hopefully the blues make a stop somewhere in the low countries:)

Personally I'm hoping Club Brugge go out purely because it'd mean Toulouse would go through and that's where my big bro lives. My only realistic chance of seeing an away Euro game.

Juventus, Wolfsburg, Marseilles and Apoel Nicosia (depriving Atletic Madrid of a place) join Liverpool dropping down after tonights games.

I think the Europa league will not be less interesting then the CL this year!

Rubin Kazan, Unirea Urziceni and Standard Liege added tonight, so the trip back to Belgium is still on :) .

With 4 minutes in extra time 0_1 down against az, they were out of the CL and the Europa League..then this happens:

unbelievable

With 4 minutes in extra time 0_1 down against az, they were out of the CL and the Europa League..then this happens:

unbelievable

Haha great stuff Martin Atkinson wasn't the ref by any chance ;)

Some good clubs in it who would you think are the favourites?

Bookies have got Liverpool as clear favourites, followed by a group containing Juventus, Valencia, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Roma, Werder Bremen and Hamburg; then us banded (roughly) with Galatasaray, Marseilles, Wolfsburg and Villarreal. Some very strong opposition there :unsure: .

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/europa-league/win-market

Bookies seldom make mistakes.

But they have cocked up big time on this I think.

Hope the Reds get someone who takes no prisoners such as Villareal.

Mind you it would be nice for us to get Villareal too, we have a score to settle with them from a few years back.

Personally I can not see Liverpool as favourites, as I really don't think they can cut the mustard in Europe this season.

Villereal are shit this year as are Valencia. Would like Rossi upfront though. Benfica are obviously strong but i would like to see them against us when we have a full strength team. Tough tough competition though.

Can we be shit too then? :lol:

There are some good teams in the compeitiion this year, I can't see us getting too far, at least till ouyr injuries clear up.I thought our best chance of winning it was 2 years ago when angers made the final and played a team we had already beaten. If only we had beaten Fiorentina on pens....

the RS are not seeded! :lol: :gay: :lol:

So they have the same possible opposition as us with five more to be decided tonight...

Wolfsburg, Juventus, Marseilles, Unirea Urziceni, Shakhtar Donetsk, Galatasaray, Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon, Roma or PSV.

They could also (unlike us) play Benfica.

Anderlecht, Valencia, Salzburg, Fenerbahçe and Hapoel Tel-Aviv complete the list.

UEFA will have to something about the fixture clash though because we'll both be due to play at home on 18th Feb :) . No doubt the decision will be made to cause minimum inconvenience to the red half :rolleyes: .

So they have the same possible opposition as us with five more to be decided tonight...

Wolfsburg, Juventus, Marseilles, Unirea Urziceni, Shakhtar Donetsk, Galatasaray, Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon, Roma or PSV.

They could also (unlike us) play Benfica.

Anderlecht, Valencia, Salzburg, Fenerbahçe and Hapoel Tel-Aviv complete the list.

UEFA will have to something about the fixture clash though because we'll both be due to play at home on 18th Feb :) . No doubt the decision will be made to cause minimum inconvenience to the red half :rolleyes: .

With the news that came today you couldn't have been more right Mike - 5:45PM KO on a Tuesday.

Hertha Berlin v Benfica

EVERTON v Sporting

Lille v Fenerbahce

FC Twente v Werder Bremen

Standard Liege v Salzburg

Villarreal v Wolfsburg

Hamburg v PSV Eindhoven

LIVERPOOL v Unirea Urziceni

FULHAM v Shakhtar Donetsk

Club Brugge v Valencia

Ajax v Juventus

Atletico Madrid v Galatasaray

Panathinaikos v Roma

Copenhagen v Marseille

Athletic Bilbao v Anderlecht

Rubin Kazan v Hapoel Tel Aviv

Luckypool again... Sporting should be an interesting game though! if we have a bit more luck with injuries, no reason we cant beat them. ive just spoken to a portuguese friend and he told me Sporting are having a tough time this season. i hope he's right! but even if we do win:

Club Brugge/Valencia v FC Twente/Werder Bremen

Ajax/Juventus v Fulham/Shakhtar

Lille/Fenerbahce v Liverpool/Unirea

Panathinaikos/Roma v Standard Liege/Salzburg

Hertha Berlin/Benfica v Copenhagen/Marseille

A Madrid/Galatasaray v Everton/Sporting

Rubin/Hapoel v Villarreal/Wolfsburg

Hamburg/PSV v Athletic Bilbao/Anderlecht

another tough draw...

Luckypool again... Sporting should be an interesting game though! if we have a bit more luck with injuries, no reason we cant beat them. ive just spoken to a portuguese friend and he told me Sporting are having a tough time this season. i hope he's right! but even if we do win:

Club Brugge/Valencia v FC Twente/Werder Bremen

Ajax/Juventus v Fulham/Shakhtar

Lille/Fenerbahce v Liverpool/Unirea

Panathinaikos/Roma v Standard Liege/Salzburg

Hertha Berlin/Benfica v Copenhagen/Marseille

A Madrid/Galatasaray v Everton/Sporting

Rubin/Hapoel v Villarreal/Wolfsburg

Hamburg/PSV v Athletic Bilbao/Anderlecht

another tough draw...

Athletico are having a tough time aswel, plus Aguero might be gone in the Jan window anyway to a certain London Team?? :P haha. Maxi Rodrigez may have left aswel, so its not all doom and gloom boys. Sporting will be harder i think.