IGNORED

Quizical. Six

Bill

Only 6 questions in this quiz but 20 points to be gained. Go to it peeps.

1. Name the band that played the following songs, and 2 bonus points for what links them all.

a. Let's go to San Francisco

b. Love Grows

c. My Baby Loves Lovin'

d. Gimme Dat Ding

e. Beach Baby

f. United We Stand

2. Which Oscar winning actress is the mother of Michail Baryshnikov's daughter Aleksandra?

3. The name of which popular US band from the 1970s is an aboriginal expression used to describe an extremely cold evening?

4. In which films does Sir Anthony Hopkins play the following historical characters?

a. John Quincy Adams

b. Adolf Hitler

c. Pablo Picasso

d. Richard the Lionheart

e. Dr. Fredrick Treves

5. In which films are each of the following someones last meal?

a. Big Kahuna cheeseburger and Sprite

b. Eskimo Pies

c. pancakes, strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate shavings

d. 2 grapes

6. In novels from which cult author would one find an alien race called Tralfamadorians?

I defo have 1,2,3 and 4, if my explanation for the Abo saying and educated Hopkins films are correct. I thought a couple of the last meal ones might have been right. Unless the guesses i made where placed with the wrong clues. I have never heard of Tralfamadorians, guessing its sci fi, thats why I went for, weel you know whi I went for, Bill.

OK here we go with the results, Not in reverse order because we dont have any.

The Winner was The Beard WITH 15 POINTS but i have a feeling he could have got a few more, got every question correct up to number 15 then didnt get one of the last five, mmmm :)

Answers

1. Name the bands that played the following songs, and 2 bonus points for what links them all.

a. Let's go to San Francisco ...Flowerpot Men[/b]

b. Love Grows ...................... Edison Lighthouse

c. My Baby Loves Lovin .........White Plains

d. Gimme Dat Ding ............... Pipkins

e. Beach Baby .................... .First Class

f. United We Stand ............... Brotherhood of Man

d. Bonus points ................... Tony Burrows, he sang on all of them.

He is the only person to have appeared on the BBC's Top of the Pops as lead singer in three different bands during a single show (February 1970). He was born 1942 in Exeter Devon and is a British session singer. He has been credited with singing lead on hit singles for more groups than any other recording artist, both in the UK singles charts and in USA.

2. Which Oscar winning actress is the mother of Michail Baryshnikov's daughter Aleksandra? Jessica Lange

3. The name of which popular US band from the 1970s is an aboriginal expression used to describe an extremely cold evening? Three Dog Night

4. In which films does Sir Anthony Hopkins play the following historical characters?

a. John Quincy Adams .....Amistad.

b. Adolf Hitler ..................The Bunker

c. Pablo Picasso ............ Surviving Picasso

d. Richard the Lionheart .. The Lion in Winter

e. Dr. Fredrick Treves ...... The Elephant Man

5. In which films are each of the following someones last meal?

a. Big Kahuna cheeseburger and Sprite .. Pulp Fiction

b. Eskimo Pies ........ The Chamber

c. Pancakes, Strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate shavings ..The Life of David Gale

d. 2 grapes ...Kind Hearts and Coronets

6. The author responsible for the Tralfamadorions was ..Kurt Vonnegut.

The only other return i got was from ftaylor, he only answered a few of the questions but at least he had a go, thanks FT at least you finished on the podium.

I shall come clean to all Bill,

Question 1, I knew a,b,c and f. A guy in work who is shit hot on the 70's music scene told me the other two and knew the link straight away.

Question 2, I have heard in pub quizzes before.

Question 3, I have heard the expression i.e three dog night. Having Oz connections, who are home at the moment in UK clarified it for me.

Question 4, I knew a, b and d straight off and worked the other two out fom the names of the characters.

Question 5, had me stumped. I could only think of three films that had last meal scenes and none of them where actually in your answers. I think I had Green Mile, Angels with Dirty Faces and something else I can't even remember that now.

Question 6, i never had a scooby, thought it would be sci fi and guesed Dean Koontz.

Like I said in an earlier post, no point googling, you only cheat yourself ;)