IGNORED

The Good News And The Bad News

The good news.......from what I've read, AJ is a done deal. Personal terms will not be a problem as remember Duncan was on 40k a week and he's gone now. Hopefully we'll get a better return financially from AJ? than we did from Duncan.

The bad news....from what I've read Yobo could be on his way out. Moyes is pissed off he's not signed his contract. Interestingly Campbell may leave Arsenal as well. Moyes may look to cash in on him and is hoping to get 6-7M. I've heard our transfer budget this summer is around 10m. After the AJ deal, if Yobo is sold that will leave 8-9m for two centre backs and a midfielder or just 2 centre backs?

Health warning - this is guess work on what I've read in the Sunday press this morning.

The good news.......from what I've read, AJ is a done deal. Personal terms will not be a problem as remember Duncan was on 40k a week and he's gone now. Hopefully we'll get a better return financially from AJ? than we did from Duncan.

The bad news....from what I've read Yobo could be on his way out. Moyes is pissed off he's not signed his contract. Interestingly Campbell may leave Arsenal as well. Moyes may look to cash in on him and is hoping to get 6-7M. I've heard our transfer budget this summer is around 10m. After the AJ deal, if Yobo is sold that will leave 8-9m for two centre backs and a midfielder or just 2 centre backs?

Health warning - this is guess work on what I've read in the Sunday press this morning.

Eventhough its a guess,it sounds possible

Thats how see things this morning - no real solid news on the AJ transfer yet though !! :unsure::unsure:

The bottom line is yobo wants to leave so we need to realise our assets and get as much as we can.

We need an athletic defender like yobo, I dont think huth is that

You never know though we might get huth and lescot or even ferrari back

OR EVEN KOLDRUP, stranger things have happened

Depend on how much we going to get for him

If we going to get enough to replace him with a decent defender then yes sell him now if he wants to leave.

If we not going to get enough or bring in a replacement keep him for a year and let him walk for free.

Even if we get AJ having Stubbs and Weir next season is not an option.

Depend on how much we going to get for him

If we going to get enough to replace him with a decent defender then yes sell him now if he wants to leave.

If we not going to get enough or bring in a replacement keep him for a year and let him walk for free.

Even if we get AJ having Stubbs and Weir next season is not an option.

That is the key, hope DM sees it like that too!

totally agree with adam if were not going to bring in a replacement as good then i'd keep him

i think we'd need to bring 2 quality defenders in if yobo was to go and with our budget and bring in 3 to 4 mil for joey at most we wont have the funds to bring 2 quality defenders

option

keep yobo anyway (i know possible lose for free at end of season)

finish top 6 have a good season with some good signing (aj and other hopefully)

offer him a better contract if joey proves he is class again (will play out his skin anyway for a good contract off us or other clubs)

which is the better option if we get rid of him now we may bring some one in who flops (aka per i cant hack the premiership koldrup)

any thoughts??????????

Why not sell him to Arsenal and ask for Campbell in part ex? He seems to be over his problems now?

no thankyou!! not another over the hill CB please!!

I know where your comming from Ian and i agree but if our options are sell yobbo and buy lescott with Stubbs along side him the why not?

Better than nothing methinks even if it is just for a year!

I was thinking the same thing, the clubs after them must be rubbing their hands with glee, hes a quality international and they could have him for a fraction of what hes worth - great business Davie  <_<

There has been a contract on the table for over 12 months, dont blame the manager, he bought the player

If we can get 6 mil for Yobo then take it and replace him now. we want to build for the future and don't want a want-away player 'filling in' next season. Also, can't be arsed with one of them "will he won't he" sagas for a whole season. Leave that to the shite/gunners/etc.

I want players who want to play for Everton not holding the club to ransom for a bigger pay packet. Way of the world these days I know but still.....

COYB!!!!

agree with u on the not having players tht dnt wanna play thing ... but could also cause hi mto play better for move couldnt it?

either way weve got no chance of 6 ... i think should be crunch talks with yobo, and if he doesnt wanan stay then we shud sstart lookin 4 a replacement and look to use yobo in the transfer, so hopefully wont cost us as much

sell him now or lose out on a couple of million, that huth is only 21, hes nt bad niether, to be in the german squad at that age is a achievement. I like the sound of the senderous deal, i think he would join us because hes pissed off because he played throught the champions league got arsenal 2 the final then get dropped. id also take sol campbell. i read Ian Harte is on the move, was good for leeds, who ever he playes for he scored 11 goals for and doesnt he play at left bk? i take him for about 4 mil as long as he younger then 29 and can still play at the premiership speed, what do you all think?