IGNORED

Telegraph Report Chanting Of 'die Kai Rooney'

Louis

Sickening if true.

Trouble flared in the away end as more than 50 police officers were required to control a surge against them by Everton fans in the wake of Fletcher's strike. The atmosphere had been tense from kick-off as Everton fans targeted United's Wayne Rooney without mercy. The abuse became particularly vicious as a small band chanted "Die, Kai Rooney", in reference to the forward's newborn son. Everton have an ugly record in this area, having subjected Liverpool's Steven Gerrard to similarly disgraceful chants last season after the birth of his child. Rooney's every touch had drawn derision and the tipping point came when Fletcher put United ahead after 34 minutes. Several officers who waded in to calm the unrest received rough treatment and the travelling contingent were penned in with a tight police cordon for the remainder of the game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/6616992/Manchester-United-3-Everton-0-match-report.html

It's been pulled from the article. It now says:

But there was a sinister sub-plot, too. Trouble flared in the away end as more than 50 police officers were required to control a surge by Everton fans in the wake of Fletcher’s strike.

The atmosphere had been tense from kick-off as Everton fans targeted Rooney without mercy.

Rooney’s every touch had drawn derision and the tipping point came when Fletcher put United ahead after 34 minutes. Several officers who waded in to calm the unrest received rough treatment and the travelling contingent were penned in with a tight police cordon for the remainder of the game.

i wasnt there so i watched it on the telly i heard nothing but kopites are gobshites...wouldnt these idiots abusing rooney and his son be better off supporting the blues...or move to anfield they would fit in great with thier morons.

Get off your high horse nobody abused Rooneys son the story was a complete fabrication by the Telegraph journalist

Guest Reg Reagan

A friend of mine was there at the old twatford and he said that the police over-reacted to that rooney's son chant that patto just posted.

its non-issue that just went over the top by the manchester police

A friend of mine was there at the old twatford and he said that the police over-reacted to that rooney's son chant that patto just posted.

its non-issue that just went over the top by the manchester police

I was there and there was no Rooney son chant the press got it wrong the chant was " Die die Rooney Rooney die"

The two sets of fans were taunting each other and the police/stewards did over react and thats what led to the trouble

as i said i wasnt there so i dont know...but when are the rooney haters gonna give it a rest hes a local lad who brought in 27/8 million into our club...as for the press it doesnt surprise me what they say they have accused us of being a racist club for the last 30yrs without any proof whatsoever.

As far as Im concerned Rooney has brought it on himself and so deserves everything he gets, especially after his antics at Goodison when he was kissing his United badge

He may well be a local lad who brought in a lot of money but he has shown no respect for the club that made him

Like most, who witnessed first hand, the singing was against Rooney, as it always is and no doubt will be. The Police over-reacted to taunts between rival fans but as always at away games it is the away fans who the Police look to target as troublemakers ( like having big yellow video cameras thrust in your face) and this can often lead to further problems. Having watched the Blues around the world, I would have to say our Police are up there with the best but they do have their bad moments where they choose the wrong decision in dealing with mild disorder.

You have some really shitty papers in england. Unbelievable they falsly make such an accusation.

Yep and it looks like they will get away with it

Fair enough they pulled the story fairly quickly but surely they owe an apology or at the very least they should issue a statement admitting that they got it wrong

difficult call for me regarding the rooney taunts.

As a non regular fan I never like to make heavy comments regarding our supporters who put in a great effort both home and away to support our side.

If there were Rooney child chants I don't like it at all, yes Rooney has upset us with his attitude at times but I feel taunts of someones family with no reason are not nice at all and go beyond agrivating the individual.

Rooney die also seems a bit over the top to me to be honest, I think Rooney is a fine player to wind up for any opposition, us or otherwise as he's easily wound up and it can affect his game. However I think a bit overly nasty without any humour to it which is what i prefer to see.

It's easy to wind up a player without saying you want to kill him.

in the same way i'd rather see us take the piss out of how Liverpool are doing than say we want to kill the buggars!

just my thoughts and how i'd choose to make a noise when i'm at the ground.

difficult call for me regarding the rooney taunts.

As a non regular fan I never like to make heavy comments regarding our supporters who put in a great effort both home and away to support our side.

If there were Rooney child chants I don't like it at all, yes Rooney has upset us with his attitude at times but I feel taunts of someones family with no reason are not nice at all and go beyond agrivating the individual.

Rooney die also seems a bit over the top to me to be honest, I think Rooney is a fine player to wind up for any opposition, us or otherwise as he's easily wound up and it can affect his game. However I think a bit overly nasty without any humour to it which is what i prefer to see.

It's easy to wind up a player without saying you want to kill him.

in the same way i'd rather see us take the piss out of how Liverpool are doing than say we want to kill the buggars!

just my thoughts and how i'd choose to make a noise when i'm at the ground.

I have said it before and I will say it again I was at the game in the Everton end and THERE WERE NO CHANTS OD DIE KAI ROONEY AND NO THREATS OF ANY KIND LEVELLED AT KAI ROONEY IT WAS A COMPLETE FABRICATION BY THE PAPER INVOLVED

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic