IGNORED

Set Pieces From The Left Hand Side? Alternative To Baines?

evertonblue

The best free kick taker in the world like Beckham doesn't always score or create goals. The fact that we are focusing on this as we seem incapable of creating goals through fluent attacking play, apart from the occasional Saha piece of magic.

We are probably the strongest aerial team in the league. And its a bit hard for Fellaini and Cahill to score with there heads when all of Baines set pieces are not beating the first man or flying over everyone by twenty meters. Its been like this for a while now, like most of the season, probably the entire season.

....its a bit hard for Fellaini and Cahill to score with there heads when all of Baines set pieces are not beating the first man or flying over everyone by twenty meters.

Hate to speak ill of the saintly but we were all saying exactly the same thing about Mikel last season; pleading for others (Baines for one) to be allowed to take some dead ball duties :) .

He's normally very good, last season we scored more goals from set pieces than any other team (correct me if I'm wrong). Give him and the team some time and they'll get better.

How long are we going to keep using this with Everton in all aspects this season? It's wearing a bit thin (not having a go at you btw TC!).

How long are we going to keep using this with Everton in all aspects this season? It's wearing a bit thin (not having a go at you btw TC!).

Nah fair call Mark, I believe looking back on it now you are right mate. I guess I just hope too much, but the reality of the situation isn't a very good predicament, especially with Moyes' post match reaction saying we may be forced into a relegation battle :(

To be fair to Baines earlier on in the season we were scoring off his set pieces or coming bloody close to scoring anyway.

I dont know what injury he had but you tend to find the when players get groin injuries there SP delivery goes down the toilet.

Anyhoo, in answer to your question yes we do, Billy will be back against the shite and if Pienaar is fit enough he can always whip and in swinger into the box.