IGNORED

Could It Happen To Us?

shetland

I haven't seen any of last night's game, not even the goals but from what I've read on here and elsewhere it was another pretty poor performance. Then when I look at our upcoming league fixtures particularly the next two, I start to think that maybe there's a possibility of us being pulled into a relegation scrap? Maybe it's just me being my usual negative self but it reminded how during last season I told a barcode mate of mine that they wouldn't go down cause there were at least 3 clubs that were worse than them, and we all know how that ended!!

I'm not saying we're as bad as they were but we're not looking too good right now plus all our long term injured players having setbacks mostly delaying comebacks to the new year (why is that??) and thing's are looking the worst they have for a couple of years, well in my opinion anyway.

I still think we've got plenty of time to sort things out but is it a possibility?

In past seasons we've scraped victories and draws when playing badly but this season we're being turned over by shite sides with incredible ease, so a relegation battle is a very real possibility unless the players remember how to fight.

The reason we managed to scrape wins in the past even when plaing poorly was down to our rock solid defence, but Yobo and Distin look like a pair of fairies together so it's piss easy to score against us atm. So if you're a side that's good for grabbing the odd goal when you're playing badly but concede 2 or 3 regularly then you're screwed.

I say drop Distin and get Heitinga alongside Yobo and see how that works. I simply don't trust Distin; he scares the shit out of me far more than Yobo.

I reckon finishing in the bottom half would be a disaster for us, nevermind relegation - and yeah, it's looking a real possibility. All the hard work of the last three years is unravelling before our eyes, I can see Pienaar/Yak leaving in the summer if we're not at least somewhere near qualifying for Europe again. God I hope we pull a miracle out the bag and beat the shite on Sunday, but as bad as they are this season, the sad fact is we're worse.

I agree with Romey, the defence is a shambles, nevermind Distin, Yobo is playing like an absolute tool. But in all honesty we're poor all over the park, I dunno how Saha has scored 10 goals this season coz the use fo teh football in midfield is shocking, we used to play better stuff with Pembridge and Gemmill in the centre!

Relegation is always 'possible' to ANY team. It is just unlikely for some.

It is more unlikely for Chelsea or Man Utd than it is for us, and more likely for Wolves or Portsmouth than us.

I remain confident we are safe in that respect. But it is not going to be a very comfortable season in the league this time around.

In past seasons we've scraped victories and draws when playing badly but this season we're being turned over by shite sides with incredible ease, so a relegation battle is a very real possibility unless the players remember how to fight.

The reason we managed to scrape wins in the past even when plaing poorly was down to our rock solid defence, but Yobo and Distin look like a pair of fairies together so it's piss easy to score against us atm. So if you're a side that's good for grabbing the odd goal when you're playing badly but concede 2 or 3 regularly then you're screwed.

I say drop Distin and get Heitinga alongside Yobo and see how that works. I simply don't trust Distin; he scares the shit out of me far more than Yobo.

I think both of them need a proper commanding CB to lead them even though they both have shit loads of experience. I always thought the Yobo/Lescott partnership looked dodgy at the best of times yet Jags + anyone and it always looked solid. I dont think it would improve with Heitinga back there tbh and if you move him to CB you probably lose our best midfielder on current form. Someone like Vermaelen or Laursen (retired I know) as that type of player lead the defence instead of sitting there waiting for someone else to make their mind up for them. In fact Vermaelen would have fitted into our team like a glove, im not sure how much he cost but im pretty sure it wasnt much more that Distin, if only the Lescott saga had been dealt with earlier in the summer.

Could it happen to us!.....isn't that what Newcastle fans were probably asking themselves last season about this time!

Like most I was pissed off about last night (Hull City), and we can't keep on about injuries....BUT, what about an Everton squad including Arteta, Jagielka, Billy, Fellaini, Neville, Osman, Anichebe.......Pienaar was hardly up to speed was he!

Moyes/ Everton are hamstrung.Above are 7 players who would have been at Hull, and he wouldn't have pushed Pienaar back if they had been fit.

I'm not sure we've played well at any time this season, well maybe the odd touch against European opponents, and small bursts in the prem, but to be honest, this really hassn't been our season has it!

Cahill is having a poor season, not having a bit of class around him and playing deeper are not helping.Rodwells good, but he's not that good, not yet, and the Yak is taking time to get going.New players bedding into the team aren't exactly slotting straight in either.........all in all, we've got our problems.

What can we do?.....endure the pain, give Moyes the slack he deserves.

Maybe we will get some luck against liverpool, and we probably need it to get anything, for most of their injured will be back to play some part.

Sure we can be relegated, when the best players aren't playing, the others better start fighting for every friggin ball.

I don't see any of Jags, Teta or Neville coming back any time soon. For now let's just assume they won't be coming back, which having seen their progression (or lack thereof) is not completely unrealistic, what then? If those three aren't back by January we'll be playing Watford, Blackpool, Wednesday and Coventry next year.