IGNORED

Question About A New Stadium.

rubecula

Bill Kenwright was I believe in favour of the Kirkby move, which has now died a death.

Previous owner Peter Johnson was keen on the Widnes move, which also died a death.

Knowsley council wanted Everton to have a stadium in their backyard. I am not sure about Widnes.

But what councils would like to see Everton with a stadium in their areas?

Are there any? Is Liverpool one of them?

Are we likely to still leave the city in someway?

Anybody know any little snippets?

I understand that Liverpool are desperate for Everton to stay in their boundary. Don't know about Widnes...

Johnson looked at a few sites, Halewood, Widnes, Cronton are three that I know of.

I think Robert Elstone may not be so keen to leave the Liverpool boundary, he commented that it had divided fans today.

Thanks for that.

I was watching SSN tonight and they mentioned possible sites in Speke and Gillmoss.

I assume the Gillmoss site is the same one I mentioned some time back on the old English Electric John Napier works?

Apparently though it has a drawback of no rail link. How big a drawback is this?

There are plenty of buses and easy road access from just about everywhere.

I don't know where about in Speke they meant though.

Besides Speke (even inside the city boundary) is possibly further away than Kirkby.

I didn't see that. Did SKY say Everton are looking at Speke and Gilmoss, or have done in the past? I've got a few documents with their report on each site. Speke will have some of the same problems as Kirkby.. Gilmoss as you say is away from the rail links.. bad locations in my opinion. In the olden days, Everton were looking at the carcraft site before it was built.

What ever happened to the Stadium at Switch Island, which Peel holdings was going to build?

I live in north Liverpool and it would be perfect for me.

It`s at the end of the M57 and M58, the A59 goes there and it`s got the maghull line going straight through it!

I can`t see why this was ever shelved!!!

In 2005 Everton Football Club became associated with an emerging proposal at Switch Island, which is land to the south-east of the intersection between the M57 and M58. The landowner approached the Club with a masterplan, financial appraisal and a programme for the delivery of the scheme. Progress on this opportunity was curtailed when Sefton MBC’s Cabinet resolved to oppose the scheme even though no application had been submitted.

What ever happened to the Stadium at Switch Island, which Peel holdings was going to build?

I live in north Liverpool and it would be perfect for me.

It`s at the end of the M57 and M58, the A59 goes there and it`s got the maghull line going straight through it!

I can`t see why this was ever shelved!!!

Think the reason it was shelved was that it was "Green Belt Land" whatever that means.

Also outside the City boundaries being SEFTON Council which I'm sure many fans wouldnt be happy about. Wouldnt bother me though :)

I can only see 2 possibilities at the mo and they are

1. Ground Share &

2. Redevelop Goodison (and I mean a proper revelopment and not some half arsed attempt).

It can`t be true Green Belt Land as the old A59 and the cheshire lines railway goes through it!!

Sefton oppose everything if is there is no finacial gain for them. I think an application should be submitted, as it is an ideal location for development, with little need to alter the transport infrastructure, it`s only a mile or so so from Aintree racecourse! Anyone who says that Aintree racecourse is not in liverpool is a manc!