IGNORED

Moyes Rubbishes Quit Stories

Romey 1878

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moyes-rubbishes-reports.html

"I’m the man responsible for signing the players here. They should be shaking my hand and thanking me for giving them the chance to play for Everton, because it’s such a great club and for some of them it might not get any better.”

That bit worries me. Is he hinting at all not being well in the dressing room?

There was, it was by people who felt Kirkby was a good opportunity to push on. They sensed Moyes would be off after it was rejected.

:blink: How do you work that out?

It was just another bit of speculative journalism from The Mirror after he refused to rule out quitting in the press conference after the Hull game it had nothing whatsoever to do with anybody who was pro Kirkby

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-future-clouded-in-doubt-article234027.html

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

It was just another bit of speculative journalism from The Mirror after he refused to rule out quitting in the press conference after the Hull game it had nothing whatsoever to do with anybody who was pro Kirkby

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/621434/DAVID-MOYES-FEARS-EVERTON-PROGRESS-HAS-STALLED.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Sport&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Score_Everton+%28Everton%29

But that has come to an end and we are not doing so well in the league. It is the word progress that worries me more than anything. I want to be involved in a football club that makes progress.

"It would be Everton first of all where I want do this. I am ambitious, I want to be in the FA Cup final like last year, and I want to be challenging near the top of the league.

"I want to be going into derby games feeling this is an even chance.

"I want to go to places such as Old Trafford thinking, 'If we are on form, we can beat them'. Last year there were periods when I thought we were more than a match - but at this moment we are not.

"I want to be able to come back to Everton in the future. I don't want fans to say, 'We want rid of him' or 'His time is up'.

"If that is the case, I would say give it to somebody else. All my family go to the games. I don't think there is any hiding going on.

"The rumours will keep coming because people see us as finding it hard to keep spending to keep up with the Jones's.

"I have a great relationship with chairman Bill Kenwright and I have a lot of trust in him.

"Does that mean if I'm not doing well I should say to the chairman, 'Maybe my time is up?' In the same breath I would say to him, 'Come on we need more investment'. I think that is why the chairman has been blatantly honest and said he is trying to get money for the manager and for the football club."

The last sentance is key, bit of sandwiched criticism Praise - Criticise(key point) - praise. The key point being 'maybe my time is up --- come on we need more investment.

I have felt for some time now that Moyes is at the end of his time trying to run a fotball team on buttons. Sure, I think that at times he needs to look at himself (tactical decisions, subs etc) but all in all he has been very good for us. I don't think any other manager would have put up with the financial constraints versus expectation that he has. I think he is aware that we are at a pivotal time in terms of getting money into the club, I said I thought we would see the club sold if we failed to get Kirby, is this what Moyes is doing?

I think the message is "Thanks Bill, you are great etc etc, I'm cheesed off, can't do this anymore, I want backing financially or I will be off - so if there is someone out there with cash, go and get it"

if this article is true, he's picked an awful time to speak out. how are the players supposed to play with confidence if the manager has lost faith?

ive said many times before, the season isnt over for a good while yet (10 points behind 4th, which is acheivable if we start playing), but if the leader is throwing in the towel already then recovering the season is going to be even harder....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1231744/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-admits-I-lump-throat-I-m-choking-club-just-isn-t-progressing.html?ITO=1490

Moyes will leave Goodison Park at the end of the season unless new investors are found to help the club match his own ambitions.

How do they work that out? They've pulled that from thin air.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/621434/DAVID-MOYES-FEARS-EVERTON-PROGRESS-HAS-STALLED.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Sport&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Score_Everton+%28Everton%29

But that has come to an end and we are not doing so well in the league. It is the word progress that worries me more than anything. I want to be involved in a football club that makes progress.

"It would be Everton first of all where I want do this. I am ambitious, I want to be in the FA Cup final like last year, and I want to be challenging near the top of the league.

"I want to be going into derby games feeling this is an even chance.

"I want to go to places such as Old Trafford thinking, 'If we are on form, we can beat them'. Last year there were periods when I thought we were more than a match - but at this moment we are not.

"I want to be able to come back to Everton in the future. I don't want fans to say, 'We want rid of him' or 'His time is up'.

"If that is the case, I would say give it to somebody else. All my family go to the games. I don't think there is any hiding going on.

"The rumours will keep coming because people see us as finding it hard to keep spending to keep up with the Jones's.

"I have a great relationship with chairman Bill Kenwright and I have a lot of trust in him.

"Does that mean if I'm not doing well I should say to the chairman, 'Maybe my time is up?' In the same breath I would say to him, 'Come on we need more investment'. I think that is why the chairman has been blatantly honest and said he is trying to get money for the manager and for the football club."

The last sentance is key, bit of sandwiched criticism Praise - Criticise(key point) - praise. The key point being 'maybe my time is up --- come on we need more investment.

I have felt for some time now that Moyes is at the end of his time trying to run a fotball team on buttons. Sure, I think that at times he needs to look at himself (tactical decisions, subs etc) but all in all he has been very good for us. I don't think any other manager would have put up with the financial constraints versus expectation that he has. I think he is aware that we are at a pivotal time in terms of getting money into the club, I said I thought we would see the club sold if we failed to get Kirby, is this what Moyes is doing?

I think the message is "Thanks Bill, you are great etc etc, I'm cheesed off, can't do this anymore, I want backing financially or I will be off - so if there is someone out there with cash, go and get it"

Sorry I cant see your point

I read that article and I still dont see how the rumour was supposedly started by the supporters of the Kirkby move

ame='hafnia' date='29 Nov 2009 - 11:06' timestamp='1259492806' post='195073']

Sorry I cant see your point

I read that article and I still dont see how the rumour was supposedly started by the supporters of the Kirkby move

What point? An interpretation maybe, read what you will, it's all there.

Now youve lost me all together

I presumed by you quoting my post that you were agreeing that the Moyse quits rumour was just something that was started by people who were pro Kirkby??????

No I don't think for one minute he has mentioned quitting and it isn't related to Kirby, I think being utterly cheesed off may lead some people to think that he is ready to call it a day.

I don't think he will, I think he is being canny in the way that he was before signing his contract, he wanted money to spend and only signed when he was told he will have cash. Now the team isn't performing he is using the lack of investment as one of the reasons.

I think he is diverting the attention onto the board whilst being kind to Bill as I don't think he wants to stab him in the back. I am pretty optimistic that something major will happen at the club over the next month or so, I still don't get that with Phillip Green on board (worth 4,330m) how have we not got the opportunity to have the investment that will give us a world class stadium (Scotland Road maybe)which in turn will give us the platform to be more self sufficient.