IGNORED

Ruddy & Jutkiewicz

MikeO

Just saw that Jutkiewicz had scored again so I thought I'd have a look at a Motherwell forum to see what they think of him and Ruddy.

Ruddy is a major hit...

http://www.steelmenonline.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5711

Look about 2.45 into this...

Lukas I can't immediately see much comment on but that's his sixth goal in his eleventh game so looks pretty good :) .

Amazing what playing a few games can do for your confidence isn't it?!?!

Clearly they rate him up there, so not too much of a shock if it's made permanent sooner rather than later.

Id take it all with a pinch of salt tbh, I remember when we got Turner back from a loan at Sheff Weds that they were all raving about him and then Howard gets injured before the Mancs and Turner drops a clanger on to O'Shea's foot.

Its easy for a keeper to look good when he has loads to do but its much harder when you have nothing to do for 20-30 mins and then get called into action.

Fingers crossed they are goodens though!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/11/26/getting-boot-from-everton-was-making-of-me-says-celtic-star-danny-fox-86908-21851768/

Here's another player we had plying trade in Scotland. You can never be sure that they would make it at prem level though. Mate is a Chester fan, says Ruddy was awesome for them. Hope he makes it, still young for a keeper, look at how many make it young and then fade due to expectations, Wright, Kirkland,Foster to an extent (united looking at Akinfeev to replace van der sar)

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully either Ruddy or Turner will step up to being Tim's cover next season, and whichever one it isn't should maybe move be moved on for their own sake. They're not kids anymore (23 & 25) and there's no real career to be had as third and fourth choices.

Not sure who's the better keeper, though Ruddy's pushing himself forward just now.

i cant understand the carlo nash situation why buy him or sign him when to me ruddy seems to be the better keeper i think ruddy should be no two...carlos contract finishes in the summer so maybe then ruddy will step up but i have a feeling moyes will sign another keeper.

I think its important for a young keeper to get games whereas an old boy with experience like Nash is more than happy to sit on the bench and not get a look in. I think it was a good move in hindsight by Moyes, although I wasnt quite sure at the time.

Ruddy is more and more beginning to sound like a solid keeper up in Scotland and I really hope he comes back to Everton, gets a chance and takes it. Id also like to see Jutkievicz do the same.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I have read this morning both are looking for permanent transfers to Well, only a deal needs thrashing out here. I agree with Patto, Ruddy must be a better keeper than Carlo Nash, Bill and myself already are better than him :o He is young with plenty of time to mature, rather have him here than sell him for buttons. Luke has found his scoring level, Danny Cad is also scoring in Scotland having failed at Div 2 Bradford, last term Luke got booed at Huddersfield because they thought he was gash, unfortunately they could be right

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think its a foregone conclusion that he would go after so many smacks in the face from Moyes, I'd have gone when they brought in Nash.

EFC has treated Turner and Ruddy like shit, and if anybody is going to come back and haunt us, it will be one of these Keepers, might even be both of them.

The mirror is getting as bad as the S*n, especially when you see a spelling mistake as obvious as this one get past the proof readers.

misspelling.jpg

Bill, you have no idea how much of a gem this is for me.

I'm doing a module about sub-editing and I've to find examples of mistakes, poor editing etc to include in my essay! Magic! :lol:

Oh, and on a side note the Sun is actually very well written.

One tiny example (I could come up with another thousand/million if I had the time).

Substituting "Roo" for "you" when talking about Rooney.

I refuse to believe that any newspaper that abuses English like that is well written.

It's infantile shite (imho).

Bill, you have no idea how much of a gem this is for me.

I'm doing a module about sub-editing and I've to find examples of mistakes, poor editing etc to include in my essay! Magic! :lol:

The Sun is a slandering, lying piece of shite.