IGNORED

Ruddy & Jutkiewicz

MikeO

Ruddy's only game (I was there) was also by fluke, as a very early sub against Blackburn because Iain Turner (3rd choice) was sent off for handling outside the area and he was only playing because Martyn & Gerrard were injured. So Moyes put Ruddy in, he played a blinder when he had to, we won 1-0 and Ruddy was never seen again because we didn't have the money for the clause in his contract which said we have to pay Cambridge, as well as him, when he plays.

Joke that Moyes didn't let him keep his place for the next game, emergency loan was a shocker and a slap in the face.

It was Ruddy's contract, not his handshake, that was the problem. His contract was the same as Thomas Myhre in that we will have had to pay Cambridge Utd (in Ruddy's case) 'x' pounds for every 'so many' games he played.In Myhre's case we had to pay about £250k(?) to his old club for every 'x' number of games he played. So, when he was approaching playing the agreed number of games he, too, was farmed out 'on loan' until we had the money to have him back so he could play for us and we could pay his old club.Ruddy's only game (I was there) was also by fluke, as a very early sub against Blackburn because Iain Turner (3rd choice) was sent off for handling outside the area and he was only playing because Martyn & Gerrard were injured. So Moyes put Ruddy in, he played a blinder when he had to, we won 1-0 and Ruddy was never seen again because we didn't have the money for the clause in his contract which said we have to pay Cambridge, as well as him, when he plays.I think a lot of clubs arrange contracts like this - it's just that we've never had the money to fulfill them, as others do, and sadly we don't get the benefit of seeing what, in Ruddy's case, have been some very fine performances.

Very popular contract type especially with young talent with potential but as these types of contracts are usually triggered after x-amount of games not from the word go so in Ruddy's case it was not the same as Myhre as he wasn't playing first team football so either I'm missing something or the above is totally irrelevant?

Edited by EFC-Paul