• Steven Pienaar
    • Jo
    • Johnny Heitinga
    • Louis Saha
    • Aiyegbeni Yakubu

pollresizear5.jpg

_46822700_008347999-2.jpg

_46822966_008348228-1.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Saha 94

Rodwell 93

Pienaar 75

Bilyaletdinov 73

Hibbert 64

Fellaini 63

Heitinga 61

Howard 58

Distin 38

Baines 29

Osman 23

Yakubu 23

Cahill 23

Yobo 20

Neill 11

João Alves Jô 6

Gosling 6

Coleman 3

Neville 2

MOTM winners....

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Well well well, our best performance this season by far and we get robbed by the shite and somehow lose 2-0! Unlike the rest of our performances im not pissed off by the boys (maybe a bit about Yobo, tit) and Im quietly optimistic and some might say happy?! Unfortunately Im gunna get a shit load of stick but at the moment I dont care. We played well, we played them off the park for at least 2/3rds of the game and we should have won. Liverpool fans should be embarrased by the performance of their players and I think in that stake we won, a moral victory if you will, although that counts for fuck all. Shame.

Anyhoo, I went for Pienaar MOM. He is integral to everything we do going forward while Arteta is out. Its a pity he only has Hibbert behind him as if he could get some passing and service quality from behind him like he did with Baines (probably through Neill) then our wings could go from being piss poor to real quality.

Fellaini and Heitinga absolutely ran the midfield winning almost everyball it seemed for the 1st half. I prefer Fellaini deeper and Cahill further forward as Fellaini will stay in position and listen to instructions whereas Cahill just bombs forward. Either one of them could have been MOM also.

Cahill had a much much better game, getting stuck in and chasing everything. Thats the captain Cahill I have been expecting to see.

The much maligned Jo also had a very good game IMO. He actually won a fair amount of headers and if Moyes had given him some more games he might have finished one of his chances or not marginally strayed offside. His work rate, channel winning, clever touches and hold up play was very very good and it was nice to see. I would like to see him getting some more games and id certainly start him ahead of Yakubu, 100%.

Billy was good, should have scored a sitter but still had a good game. He got stuck in, had some nice touches, he did look a little off the pace at times but that will come.

The fullbacks both had good games, especially Bainesy. He made a couple of real crunching challenges which I like to see. he just kept hitting everything long on corners and the crossing from either player wasnt great.

Im not entirely sure what to make of Joey and Distin. They did well for large parts even if they were a bit shaky at times. Im not sure what Yobo was trying for the second goal but some would argue Distin should have been winning the initial header so it goes either way. They arent a good partnership but we havent got too many options right now.

Howard had a cracker with an absolutely sublime save against Insua. Didnt deserve to concede 2 goals.

Roll on the the Europa League (I think?!). We HAVE to play like that to keep up the momentum and get back to play how Everton football club should be playing. I think all those 'Moyes has lost the dressing room' believers should go quiet now as the team gave it everything for him and the fans. On another day we could scored 4 and lets keep that up. COYB!

Was thinking of giving it to Billy at half time, but he went a bit quiet in the second half. Baines played well, as did Heitinga and Felliani. Overall though, a great performance from the lads; just disappointed with the result as we were easily the better team today.

Edited by wallwriter

Fellaini for me, just ahead of a really good Pienaar.

They all played well today, Hibbert's defending was spot on......but his passing going forward was poor.It would be great to pose a threat down the right as we do down the left.You can see he loves to go forward, then when someone passes to him, you can see he wished he stayed back :blink:

Cahill actually earned his stripes today, led the team well.....why not every week Tim?

Jo just needs a few more pies at half time instead of half an orange (do they still do that?)....perhaps we should begin a new chant, "feed the Jo and HE will score.....more".

i went for Felli, was an all round good midfield game from him. great close control, determination and in the second half he really came out fighting and pulled his team mates with him. everyone played well, if Billy scores that sitter then its a different game and we may well be sat here saying its the best derby win since the 3-0, but it was defo the best i've seen us play in a derby, just one thing missing. ah well.

I thought it was Piennar no contest however I do agree Felli & Johnny H also had really good games

Also thought Cahill put in another good shift ( spooky how he has played well in his natural position!)

The only thing that stopped us getting the result we deserved was a lucky deflection and a ridiculously bad linesman( The bloke in the black running up and down the touchline by the main stand with the big red flag with a liver bird and 5 starts on it)

I think a good indication of how one sided it was is the fact I was sat in the Park End and didnt hear a peep out of the Norwegian contingent until they were 2-0 up

Funny my phone never normally stops after a derby defeat but I havent had a single text/call tonight from any reds

Just hope we can take something out of this performance, reminds me of when we were so unlucky against Villa at home last year and it seemed to spur us on

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

We've missed Pienaar so much its unreal! My MOM. Tireless running, some lovely touches.

Fellaini and Heitinga bossed the midfield.

Very impressed with Jo aswell. Really unlucky not to get on the scoresheet, and had he been a bit more match sharp, would've slotted 1 if not 2.

If Billy had slotted one of the chances he had (especially the sitter) think the game could've been a lot different.

Generally good team performance, and plenty to take encouragement from. Although would've took playing shit and Yak scoring from a goalkick bouncing in off his arse than playing well and losing.

A close call, in the end I gave it to Fellaini, thought he did a terrific job for a change, nearly gave it to Pienaar, made a big difference but all the midfield did well most of the time. Credit too for Jo, I can't stand him but he did pretty well up front.

Fellaini.

Easy to say afterwards, but i had a feeling he would step up his game against liverpool.

To bad we didn't win but I'm not to dissapointed, Good allround performance.

his determination and agression in his play was much better, could see the frustration in him, i like to see that in a player, shows his will to win. if he keeps that up he'll show us why we paid all that money

And miss half the season with all those flailing elbows, he was very lucky to stay on the pitch cos the ref had a good view of it. He still cant tackle to save his life, which is no good for a midfielder. I would sell him in january and get a proper midfielder in.

Pienaar got my vote.