IGNORED

Players In The Right Position

Memmaclub

I know this sounds obvious but the team we put out against liverpool was the best I have seen us play in a long long time. Wasn't it down to the fact that everyone had their correct position and we did not loop it up at every opportuniy. If we can play like that when we have the reqquired personell in their correct position the cry from me to moyes would be get players who can cover positions adequalty cahill is not a winger so play him where he is strongest.

I have to say I thought heitinga has found his position and even if he doesn't talk as much as phil he is a better passer and aguably player all round. I think when arteta comes back the question will be how do you fit felli cahill arteta and heitinga in to 3 midfield places. I personally think tim will miss out with arteta playing alongside felli with jonny behind.

I thought felli was great today and used the ball well.

I know this sounds obvious but the team we put out against liverpool was the best I have seen us play in a long long time. Wasn't it down to the fact that everyone had their correct position and we did not loop it up at every opportuniy. If we can play like that when we have the reqquired personell in their correct position the cry from me to moyes would be get players who can cover positions adequalty cahill is not a winger so play him where he is strongest.

I have to say I thought heitinga has found his position and even if he doesn't talk as much as phil he is a better passer and aguably player all round. I think when arteta comes back the question will be how do you fit felli cahill arteta and heitinga in to 3 midfield places. I personally think tim will miss out with arteta playing alongside felli with jonny behind.

I thought felli was great today and used the ball well.

Plus Osman and Neville, or did you forget. ;)

I still think Heitinga is a right back first and foremost, and nevermind what their 'right' position is, you couldn't get much worse than Yobo and Distin at the back yesterday, I'd rather play someone out of position just to make sure they don't play alongside eachother at the moment (see other thread), they just do not work as a pairing.

I still think Heitinga is a right back first and foremost, and nevermind what their 'right' position is, you couldn't get much worse than Yobo and Distin at the back yesterday, I'd rather play someone out of position just to make sure they don't play alongside eachother at the moment (see other thread), they just do not work as a pairing.

even though Johnny has played RB in the past, i agree with the original post, that he has found his place. He could be the answer to Carsley. Then, when Neville comes back, put him at RB. Johnny gets stuck in and doesnt shirk from a challenge (not that Pip does mind you!) but i just think he has a bit more pace and better eye for a pass than Neville.

As for the midfield, wont it be nice for DM to have a headache with the selection! im still sure we should do 442 depsite the performance at Hull, but if not, maybe 451 but with Saha supporting Jo/Yak. His pace and skill is vital going forward and he can win a header too. he would see more of the ball too, as we wouldnt have to hoof it long for him to battle it out. just a thought....

even though Johnny has played RB in the past, i agree with the original post, that he has found his place. He could be the answer to Carsley. Then, when Neville comes back, put him at RB. Johnny gets stuck in and doesnt shirk from a challenge (not that Pip does mind you!) but i just think he has a bit more pace and better eye for a pass than Neville.

As for the midfield, wont it be nice for DM to have a headache with the selection! im still sure we should do 442 depsite the performance at Hull, but if not, maybe 451 but with Saha supporting Jo/Yak. His pace and skill is vital going forward and he can win a header too. he would see more of the ball too, as we wouldnt have to hoof it long for him to battle it out. just a thought....

Wouldn't disagree with you about Heitinga, he certainly adds much-needed physical presence in the centre. I just think we need RB still and that is surely what Heitinga was signed to do. I'm all for 4-4-2 if we can get the right balance of steel and creativity - it would help if we could rely on Fellaini to play like he did in the derby every match, when he plays like that I don't think there's any question he's wasted floating around behind the striker.

As I mentioned in another post, I'd still like to see with all players fit a centre back combo of Heitinga and Jagielka. Something like this would be one of our best teams I'd imagine:

Howard

Hibbert/Neill, Heitinga, Jagielka, Baines

Pienaar, Neville, Arteta, Bilyaletdinov

Cahill/Fellaini

Saha

Bench: Nash, Hibbert/Neill, Distin/Yobo, Rodwell, Osman, Cahill/Fellaini, Jo/Yakubu

As I mentioned in another post, I'd still like to see with all players fit a centre back combo of Heitinga and Jagielka. Something like this would be one of our best teams I'd imagine:

Howard

Hibbert/Neill, Heitinga, Jagielka, Baines

Pienaar, Neville, Arteta, Bilyaletdinov

Cahill/Fellaini

Saha

Bench: Nash, Hibbert/Neill, Distin/Yobo, Rodwell, Osman, Cahill/Fellaini, Jo/Yakubu

I have to disagree I think heitinga (based no his performance in the derby) is a ready made replacement for neville. I think yobo is nto our best CB but he is good cover I would like to see jags play with distin it would be well balanced..

I disagree with Felli in competition with Tim as he is much better in the middle.

Howard

Nev, Jags, Distin, Baines

Heitinga

Peinar, Arteta, felli, Bily

Yak

we need cover at centre back and on the wings.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree I thnk Jags and distin with yobo as cover would work I still think we need to either bring in a 4th cente back or blood slowly one of the younger players so they are ready for prem action.

I think the difficluty will be how you fit arteta neville hetinga felli and cahill in the same 5 man midfield when SP and Bily will be the first choice wide men. I think with everyone back fit cahill will struggle to get starting place and so will heitinga.