IGNORED

Aek Athens (Away)

MikeO

We seem to be very good at losing players in a certain position. Last year it was strikers and this year its defenders! I think even if Distin has a strain he will play becuase we cant afford to not have him out there. I would also stick by my original decision and have Duffy start at CB. Distin will know he has to be the commanding defender and pull his finger out (hopefully). We will have an even bigger problem if Rodwell is out because that also means we have no holding midfielder in any way shape or form. I wouldnt really call Jack one but he is the only thing we have resembling a DM right now. Cahill and Felli in the centre of midfield will be a shambles as neither will know what to do going forwards or backwards. I dont even know if any of our youngsters play there?

What I do know however that if both Distin and Rodwell are out we havent got a hope in hell.

I'd have to agree. As shite as Yobo and Distin have been recently i don't fancy taking on a side who beat Benfica at home with two reserve team players at centre back. I'm worried...

Saying that, looks like we can at least put out a decent midfield and forward line. If we're short on bodies at the back, it's going to force Moyes's hand to go for it a bit - I think we have to play 4-4-2 and attack them, they looked shite at the back themselves at ours

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mikeo said they are no benfica but they did beat them 1-0 i fear which ever team we play we will be beaten..so i would be made up with a draw.

Even if we were to lose (as long as it's by less than four) then we'd still be favourites to qualify imo.

AEK would need to win in Lisbon to beat us assuming we get at least a point at home to BATE.

If BATE beat Benfica tonight and we lose they'd need a point at Goodison to go through so it would still be in our own hands (assuming Athens don't beat Benfica).

Is that clear :P ?

Is duffy any good?

I've not seen Duffy or mustafi play but Mustafi is very good on Football Manager, worth millions with bids coming in from loads of clubs seeing his potential!

I hope he lives up to his football manager billing which is i'm sure what the Everton scouts based the signing on!

I didn't think Mustafi was in FM09? I thought the Everton researcher added him into FM10?

And Duffy was made the full N. Ireland squad. He's looked good for the reserves too whenever I've seen him.

Is duffy any good?

I've not seen Duffy or mustafi play but Mustafi is very good on Football Manager, worth millions with bids coming in from loads of clubs seeing his potential!

I hope he lives up to his football manager billing which is i'm sure what the Everton scouts based the signing on!

Based purely on the preseason games I would say he is nowhere near being ready.

I mean if he couldnt handle the likes of Blackpool and Bury I darent think what he would be like against Athens away!

well, have tried to be positive, in my early post about injuries, started a bit of a debate about or training etc, was it to blame? I never had a clue really, however, now, with this Distin injury, no amount of flak from other TTers will convince me, something is wrong, no idea what, but it is! It cant be just bad luck, really pissed off now, took time off work to watch tonights game, should have saved the time of till weekend, and gone and watch local parks football!at least they can manage to take of a tee shirt without straining a muscle, bloody prima donna poofters, (Premership players).

well, have tried to be positive, in my early post about injuries, started a bit of a debate about or training etc, was it to blame? I never had a clue really, however, now, with this Distin injury, no amount of flak from other TTers will convince me, something is wrong, no idea what, but it is! It cant be just bad luck, really pissed off now, took time off work to watch tonights game, should have saved the time of till weekend, and gone and watch local parks football!at least they can manage to take of a tee shirt without straining a muscle, bloody prima donna poofters, (Premership players).

I agree with you Bassman Shirt lifters, ladyboys. :D

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Bilyaletdinov, Jo, Distin, Cahill, Gosling, Pienaar, Fellaini, Coleman Subs: Nash, Saha, Yakubu, Duffy, Agard, Baxter, Mustafi

------------------- Howard -----------------------

Coleman ---- Hibbert ------- Distin ----------- Baines

Gosling/Pienaar --------- Cahill --- Fellaini ----- Billy/Pienaar/Gosling

----------------- Billy/Pienaar -----------------------------

---------------------- Jo ---------------------------

Edited by Grarghsies