IGNORED

Where Is Pienaar's New Contract?

Finn balor

Starting to get really worried now. Over the past twelve months Peanuts has shown what an outstanding player he is. I believe he has 18 months left on his contract and i want to know why on earth havnt we signed him up for 4 years on a much improved contract. I predict he will be one of the star players in the World cup and once again he will get his head turned by a club what will pay him what he is worth and we will get bummed for a pittance! Kenwright get your finger out!!!!!

The fact that he turned the initial offer down months ago and nothing has been heard since!

So you're thinking that because we've heard nothing then nothing's being done :mellow: ?

Left in Bill's "pending" tray gathering dust maybe :P .

Do we know he turned an offer down or was that just speculation? Either way I think it'll be in hand and unless he's had his head turned and decided he wants to move on (in which case there's little we can do about it) then it'll be sorted. He'll be offered the very top end of our wage structure and he'll either take it or he won't.

Take a chill pill people B) .

So you're thinking that because we've heard nothing then nothing's being done :mellow: ?

Left in Bill's "pending" tray gathering dust maybe :P .

Do we know he turned an offer down or was that just speculation? Either way I think it'll be in hand and unless he's had his head turned and decided he wants to move on (in which case there's little we can do about it) then it'll be sorted. He'll be offered the very top end of our wage structure and he'll either take it or he won't.

Take a chill pill people B) .

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/07/28/everton-fc-playmaker-steven-pienaar-allays-contract-talk-fears-92534-24252654/

We know for a fact that he turned down the initial offer way back in July and at the time he said "he was hopeful a deal could be finalised in the coming weeks! "

Thats why Im worried because if they were in talks in July why hasnt anything been agreed 5 months later? Have the talks broken down completely or have they just been shelved?

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/07/28/everton-fc-playmaker-steven-pienaar-allays-contract-talk-fears-92534-24252654/

We know for a fact that he turned down the initial offer way back in July and at the time he said "he was hopeful a deal could be finalised in the coming weeks! "

Thats why Im worried because if they were in talks in July why hasnt anything been agreed 5 months later? Have the talks broken down completely or have they just been shelved?

I would expect its the latter or hope that is the case its normal to turn down the first offer but five months is quite a long time, Hopefully something will get sorted in the coming weeks/month or two.

I would expect its the latter or hope that is the case its normal to turn down the first offer but five months is quite a long time, Hopefully something will get sorted in the coming weeks/month or two.

I hope so because if he goes to the World Cup with only 12 months left on his contract then I think we will lose him

Don Hutchison anyone.......

That was 2000, we are now 2009, player of the year wanted 25% pay rise (20k - 25k) we offered an extra £925 a week, our current top earners are approx 50k, simple, give Pienaar parity, we know he's worth it.

If I was him, I would expect a £50k a week 3 year deal, no less.

If we offer less, then expect him to walk. And expect to replace with far less.

intersting point, would be difficult to compare but if you look at Pienaars consistency and work rate versus Mikels it makes him very close as an overall player. He hasn't got the same technical ability when striking a ball, dribbling and close control very similar. His versatility is better, Mikel can go missing when played on the right.

Put it this way, there isn't many teams he wouldn't get in...

intersting point, would be difficult to compare but if you look at Pienaars consistency and work rate versus Mikels it makes him very close as an overall player. He hasn't got the same technical ability when striking a ball, dribbling and close control very similar. His versatility is better, Mikel can go missing when played on the right.

Put it this way, there isn't many teams he wouldn't get in...

Is correct. Normally you see a player that plays for us and you think there is one team he wouldn't fit in but Pienaar would EASILY fit in as a starter in Arsenal, Chelsea and United he is that good. Look at like minded players in similar postions. Nasri, Valencia, Park, Deco, Malouda, Rosiky, Cole. The only player better i would suggest is Arshavin.